Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 09:58 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Would be the best thing this country ever did. Just look at these maladjusted, overweight and immature young people protesting about something most have no clue of. One girl (she was probably 5'2/200 lbs) suggested there would be bloodshed to get what they want. First off, who is going to shed their blood? I doubt she could climb a set of stairs without resting. These young people are lost. Their parents taught them nothing.

They do 2 years of military service and get 2 years of college in return.
You couldn't do it. These kids are too far gone by 18. They would be no different than the washouts from our day unless the military got even more PC than it already is.

A mandatory 2 year stay at a military academy at around 12 would be a more realistic approach to saving these poor kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 09:59 AM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
you want to use the government to force people to eat healthy food and exercise?

I thought michelle obamas' program was unpopular. Who knew?
lol

Old 11-13-2016, 10:04 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Including women too? So what does an under 5 feet, 100 lbs. 18 year old woman DO in the Military? She would have a difficult time even driving a truck without a booster seat. Geesch.
Maybe President-elect Trump will direct the DoD to create military "Joy Divisions" for young women, complete with pageants he can judge.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:04 AM

25,560 posts, read 17,267,108 times
I sent 9 years on active duty. '62 to '71.

I think mandatory military service is a mistake. I was there when service was required and I was there when the requirement was lifted. I don't want the misfits that I dealt with back in my day.
I want the motivated, smart, dedicated people that we have now. I'd like to see a few more of them, I think, but we would be better off if we just left the dregs at home.

It's should not be up to the military to finish the job of raising children. The reason I got out in '71 was because of the poor quality of people we were getting.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:26 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,833,702 times
I do not understand why we cannot send and train prisoners instead during time of war.

Wouldn't they be more useful on the field rather then a jail cell?

Old 11-13-2016, 01:21 PM

25,560 posts, read 17,267,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I do not understand why we cannot send and train prisoners instead during time of war.

Wouldn't they be more useful on the field rather then a jail cell?
No. I don't think so. Those who are in prison have already shown themselves to be misfits and trouble makers.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:19 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
You want to use the government to force people to eat healthy food and exercise?

I thought Michelle Obamas' program was unpopular. Who knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
lol
Neither of you have eaten military food have you?

Military food healthy.....HAhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhhahahahaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It's made to sustain you with thousands of calories a day....both deployed and not.....

Old 11-13-2016, 02:23 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Maybe President-elect Trump will direct the DoD to create military "Joy Divisions" for young women, complete with pageants he can judge.
Why not, maybe you can show us you brilliant military mind and tell us where the term "hooker" came from....

And no, you cannot use google....

Old 11-13-2016, 02:42 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,604,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
You couldn't do it. These kids are too far gone by 18. They would be no different than the washouts from our day unless the military got even more PC than it already is.

A mandatory 2 year stay at a military academy at around 12 would be a more realistic approach to saving these poor kids.
Agreed. Most of these kids are not going to improve their unit while performing mandatory service. I would never want to force our voluntary servicemen to rely on today's youth under forced service, either.
I like your military academy idea, though. I worry that we would end up spending more than it would be worth, especially considering the state of PC in our military today.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:48 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,784,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Not my job to make you.
But your consent to be a citizen, and the exercise of government privileges, makes you a person liable for obedience. Failure to obey when called upon may be punished to the full extent of the law.
Won't happen. I'm too close to both an international border and a coast line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies