Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 02:01 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
There is a difference between questioning an unarmed person walking away from a cop & being shot/killed versus somebody who literally is a threat in that cops personal space.

Many people are okay with BLM but then they start shutting down interstates & assuming every police shooting is an unjustified one.

Many people fear for their friends & family members that are cops because such a negative image has been portrayed of them despite only a small % of them being bad cops.

Where I live I've seen protest of a cop shooting when the person killed literally HAVING A GUN WITH THEM AIMED AT THE COPS!

They jump to conclusions without the facts. The list goes on but the OP is right. I don't know if technically BLM cost Clinton the election but they def did not help.

And your statement also is why many people voted for Trump. You assume its' all about racism. That's the answer people like you always use. And I'm not disagreeing with you about an investigation of any death but BLM jumps to conclusions. There are stupid people in every race that believe everything they hear. So if you're one of those stupid people that follow BLM you might listen to them after a recent cop shooting and automatically think it was unjustified because BLM acts as if it is. But if you waited for the investigation to be completed you'd see that the person killed had a gun on them and did have a history of violence and was a threat to society.

With the history cops it has to be questioned. I still recall in high school my brother was pulled over for no reason, thank God he wasn't shot but his car was illegally searched. He wasn't doing anything but driving a raggedy car that you'd expect to see a high school student driving. Unfortunately we can only judge based on history and significant number of whites do still harbor hate against blacks. I'm not understanding why we think 400+ years of racist history should just be overlooked?

What whites are doing with Trump is no different than what BLM is doing. People are just looking out for self. BLM is looking out for blacks, and whites feel Trump is looking out for them. Don't be a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 02:10 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,377,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
With the history cops it has to be questioned. I still recall in high school my brother was pulled over for no reason, thank God he wasn't shot but his car was illegally searched. He wasn't doing anything but driving a raggedy car that you'd expect to see a high school student driving. Unfortunately we can only judge based on history and significant number of whites do still harbor hate against blacks. I'm not understanding why we think 400+ years of racist history should just be overlooked?

What whites are doing with Trump is no different than what BLM is doing. People are just looking out for self. BLM is looking out for blacks, and whites feel Trump is looking out for them. Don't be a hypocrite.
I am a white guy. my dad was a police officer in the 1960s and was shot in the line of duty.

When I was 16 years old, I was walking down a sidewalk. an unmarked car stopped in the street, this dude gets out on the other side so all I see is his head. The guy proceeds to tell me to come over to him.

I don't. He gets irate. walks around the car. He is a cop in uniform. giving me a verbal tongelashing for not obeying his orders. He grabs me slams me on the hood of his car and gives me a grade 1 search.

being raised in a home that respects the police.... and by a father who taught me how to speak to the police, we go thru what we go thru and a supervisor shows up on the scene.

That was an interesting converstation to say the lest. I wanted Officer Ledbetter's blood. He deserved to be fired. (Yea I remember his name and still think he should have been fired. )

Officer Ledbetter Richardson TX Police department... if anyone knows him telling him he is still a jerk after 30+years.

he was white. I am white.

My dad wouldn't let me make a formal complaint. Dad said time would take care of it. I dunno. still think that sucker should have been fired.

but not every wrong cop is wrong because they hate black people.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:17 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I am a white guy. my dad was a police officer in the 1960s and was shot in the line of duty.

When I was 16 years old, I was walking down a sidewalk. an unmarked car stopped in the street, this dude gets out on the other side so all I see is his head. The guy proceeds to tell me to come over to him.

I don't. He gets irate. walks around the car. He is a cop in uniform. giving me a verbal tongelashing for not obeying his orders. He grabs me slams me on the hood of his car and gives me a grade 1 search.

being raised in a home that respects the police.... and by a father who taught me how to speak to the police, we go thru what we go thru and a supervisor shows up on the scene.

That was an interesting converstation to say the lest. I wanted Officer Ledbetter's blood. He deserved to be fired. (Yea I remember his name and still think he should have been fired. )

Officer Ledbetter Richardson TX Police department... if anyone knows him telling him he is still a jerk after 30+years.

he was white. I am white.

My dad wouldn't let me make a formal complaint. Dad said time would take care of it. I dunno. still think that sucker should have been fired.

but not every wrong cop is wrong because they hate black people.
Not every cop, but there are white people that are racist that also happen to be cops. I'm sure you know a few or probably more than a few racists. When you really don't like a person it's going to spill over into all of your activity and behavior towards that person.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:17 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,984,909 times
That and everyone sees through Hillary's sociopathic nonsense now FINALLY after 30 years. Not sure why it took so long for people to wake up.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:18 PM

11,343 posts, read 16,697,527 times
Quote:
Are you saying we shouldn't question police shootings? I completely disagree. When it comes to the loss of life, investigation and inquiry needs to take place especially since the police have a history of harassing black people. Don't blame BLM, blame those in society who have caused the need for BLM. If people would let go of their racism and hatred for other races there would be no need for BLM.
Question yes, riot no.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:18 PM

270 posts, read 198,420 times
Quote:
With the history cops it has to be questioned. Unfortunately we can only judge based on history and significant number of whites do still harbor hate against blacks. I'm not understanding why we think 400+ years of racist history should just be overlooked?

Well my uncle was lynched in 1929 for carrying a gun for protection in South Carolina. That does not mean that the same type of racism is as bad today. Some of y'all live in the past.
BLM looks out for gays, lesbians and transvesdikes. I have yet to see them try to bring jobs to black neighborhoods.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:21 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,355,167 times
I agree. Trump isn't afraid to stand up against these up Irational liberal bullies. It's like they have a free pass to attract white men and then if they stand up for themselves they are racist. Another example is all the protests for the fraternity gang rape that didn't happen from rolling stone magazine. Enough is enough.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:26 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,244 times
Quote:
Are you saying we shouldn't question police shootings? I completely disagree. When it comes to the loss of life, investigation and inquiry needs to take place especially since the police have a history of harassing black people. Don't blame BLM, blame those in society who have caused the need for BLM. If people would let go of their racism and hatred for other races there would be no need for BLM.
How does blocking interstates or trashing property accomplish this?

Old 11-11-2016, 02:27 PM

8 posts, read 4,530 times
Now Black folks are the reason the USA white voters put their country in the hands of a proven Con man that's totally unfit for the job. I am not upset I, actually can not help but laugh when I think that Donald Trump is the President of the United States. You go Donald. You have proven that anybody can become president regardless of their faults and bad reputation. And if Black Folks get the credit for this than congratulations to us we finally exposed the real America to the world. A lot of Blacks suffer from the illusion of inclusion the same diseases these poor whites suffer from. As long as poor blacks and white are divided because of the BS of race nothing is going to change. Racism is profitable if not it would not exist. If Trump is qualified to be President then some Factory worker or unknown family farmer is qualified to sit on his cabinet. Instead we will get some intellectual that never work in a factory or on a farm to run these offices. He is picking from the same pool that HRC would have. As Obama said to Trump "we are all on the same team" (translated it's like pro wrestling) This is a Captalistic Democracy. Those with the capital run the democracy.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:28 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,273 times
BLM's sole purpose has been about police brutality. They've stated this plenty of times. If you're going to criticize them at least be accurate with what their purpose is. Trump won because he was blatantly speaking white supremacist rhetoric and whether you all will believe or admit to it or not, many white americans have a strong desire to be openly racist. He did that for them. So they came and voted for him. Combine that with the fact that Hillary on the other side wasn't any better. She had chances to get people excited to vote for her but the she failed. One example, a young black woman confronted Hillary about "super predators" from 1996...and Hillary got an attitude and dismissed her, then went on to say "back to the real issues"...people see this stuff. Hillary was just too fake and basically she wasn't generating to extra millions of votes that turned out for Obama. Obama would have never dismissed a voter like that. Even those of you that hate him will agree. Obama was exceptional with the people he was targeting. Hillary copped at attitude with her "base" too often. But yeah blaming, or sorry, explaining this on BLM is a joke. You can't just blame every thing that happens in America on black people. At least this time, it wasn't on us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies