Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:19 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
Good Lord. I feel like someone slipped me crazy pills.

Maybe you don't like what's taught in a university. OK. Don't attend it.

Next.
Nope, you see, Mark Levine told all a bunch of angry clowns that Universities are where all this evil liberal thought comes from, so they have their marching orders to go around the internet saying stupid stuff about them They then go to bed at night having been worthless dupes. Quite an existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 08:22 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Exactly. Who needs edu-ma-cation when you have Alex Jones and Breitbart, they teach you all you need to know.

How many people posting these threads are dopes who have never been subjected to liberal professors or anything beyond 12th grade, yet think they have some idea what the hell really goes on at these Universities that there brilliant minds think should be shut down?
Poetry isn't an education. It's a way to extend high school as long as possible. Real degrees require extensive credit hours and work which takes away any free time to protest and cry.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:23 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
And what radical universities would those be, pray tell?

Old 11-14-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Good Lord. I feel like someone slipped me crazy pills.

Maybe you don't like what's taught in a university. OK. Don't attend it.

Next.
Except taxpayers pay for it and churn out emotional liberals that can't handle loss and riot and all that...

Old 11-14-2016, 08:34 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
They need to be exposed to alternative ideas, free speech to challenge their backward liberal views early on. That way when a conservative wins election, they won't be reduced to handling play-doh in safe spaces in order to process it.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Poetry isn't an education. It's a way to extend high school as long as possible. Real degrees require extensive credit hours and work which takes away any free time to protest and cry.
Think so?

Tell me, did the Founding Fathers who attended universities and studied (and even wrote) poetry meet your personal academic standards?

James Madison

John Adams

John Jay

Thomas Jefferson

They seemed to have time for poetry and protest.

I predict that a Trumptard will tell me that things are different now in 3, 2, 1...

Old 11-14-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Think so?

Tell me, did the Founding Fathers who attended universities and studied (and even wrote) poetry meet your personal academic standards?

James Madison

John Adams

John Jay

Thomas Jefferson

They seemed to have time for poetry and protest.

I predict that a Trumptard will tell me that things are different now in 3, 2, 1...
Things are different now. Nobody needed play dough after an election loss back then.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:09 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Once again the solution might be funding.
Universities that diversify the faculty get funded and those that don't, don't get funded. There are those that have Billions in endowments and some of those get the biggest piece of the government pie in funding. Let them fund it from endowments and they will but many might not. Worth a shot.

The federal government gave out more than $40 billion for research and development (R&D) to universities across the country in fiscal 2011. Universities depend heavily on federal funding, with many of the top programs relying on the government for more than 60% of their R&D budgets.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:11 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Things are different now. Nobody needed play dough after an election loss back then.
You mean after a flood, don't you?

</title> <link rel="profile" href="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11" /> <link rel="pingback" href="http://www.dailynewsbin.com/xmlrpc.php" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://13458-presscdn-0-97.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/themes/bb-theme/css/bootstrap

Old 11-14-2016, 09:26 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
You have a problem with the First Amendment?
Typical Trump (and political) logic (regardless of alignment), he's for the first amendment until it's used to knock him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies