Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How important do you think is the issue of Climate Change?
Very important 80 31.62%
Somewhat important 27 10.67%
Not so important 30 11.86%
Unimportant 44 17.39%
The problem doesn't exist 70 27.67%
Other 2 0.79%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 12:11 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Propaganda? That would be the IPCC. They've spread propaganda. Their "global warming/climate change" models were WRONG. It's junk science.
Yeah all the models are wrong...In your dreams.

https://62e528761d0685343e1c-f3d1b99...648-rnumcf.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 01:11 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah all the models are wrong...
Happy to see you finally agree...

Top climate scientists admit global warming forecasts were wrong - Telegraph

And...

Quote:
Source: https://www.ua.edu/

Old 11-19-2016, 01:36 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
I don't waste my time trying to debunk sources that are known for propaganda. What the poster did was throw like 15 links out all with trash sources in the hopes of getting something to stick. No way am I going to debunk every single detail in every one of those links. It is a pretty common tactic among propagandists that I've seen plenty of times.

Establishing the sites and writers as nonsense is a perfectly valid and much more efficient way to discredit them.

In your link, did you read it? The guy is an undergraduate engineer who simply says that he is a skeptic because he doesn't understand it. This is clearly stated at the end of the article.
He was using a figure of speech to show that the theory is bogus... if you actually did read the whole article and the data presented, you would have noted the discrepancies he illuminates.

And I noted that you had not commented on the fact that a planet suffering from "heat trapping" greenhouse gases is COOLER than bodies in a vacuum, despite equal amounts of insolation.

That's called TRUE BELIEF TRUMPS FACTS THAT REFUTE.
That's not science, that's a tenet of the Church of the Warming Planet.

Forbes Welcome
Blood And Gore: Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Investment Hype
". . . the UN’s alarmist Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has had to finally admit that global temperatures have been flat for at least 16 years despite rising atmospheric CO2 levels. IPCC has also confessed that their theoretical simulation models have grossly exaggerated climate sensitivity to CO2. As a result, those social costs resulting from human-caused climate change are at least one-third less (and more likely 100 percent less) than those in the administration’s calculations."
In short, BOGUS, DECEPTIVE, and ALARMING predictions are not "science" but speculation.

And as the article points out, there was a nefarious motive of greed behind the hoax.

Old 11-19-2016, 01:39 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
It looks like two were close.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:58 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Out of how many? The IPCC models were disgracefully incorrect. Junk science.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:13 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Probably not. Those are more than likely "low emissions" scenarios that don't reflect reality.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:28 PM

516 posts, read 429,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
As much as 44 billion tons of nitrogen and 850 billion tons of carbon stored in arctic permafrost, or frozen ground, could be released into the environment as the region begins to thaw over the next century as a result of a warmer planet, according to a new study led by the U.S. Geological Survey. This nitrogen and carbon are likely to impact ecosystems, the atmosphere, and water resources including rivers and lakes.

"This study quantifies the impact on Earth's two most important chemical cycles, carbon and nitrogen, from thawing of permafrost under future climate warming scenarios," said USGS Director Marcia McNutt. "While the permafrost of the polar latitudes may seem distant and disconnected from the daily activities of most of us, its potential to alter the planet's habitability when destabilized is very real."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1025145436.htm
Yep...a study funded by the very government that has to keep global warming on their priority list to forward their agenda. Just ridiculous how many people are so easily swayed by what they "think" is the truth. I'm so happy to call myself an independent thinker, not a herd follower. I've never "fit in" with the masses and never will.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:40 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
What importance do you place on the issue of Climate Change?

Extremely important. I've been watching it change for 70 years and now it's changing so rapidly around the world it's mind-boggling. It's becoming obvious that so many poorly informed people are so unprepared for it they won't have time or resources to adapt appropriately to the impacts to their lifestyles and environments.

Their unpreparedness concerns me because the consequence is that they will become burdens on each other and much worse burdens on those who are informed and preparing for the impacts.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:21 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
He was using a figure of speech to show that the theory is bogus... if you actually did read the whole article and the data presented, you would have noted the discrepancies he illuminates.

And I noted that you had not commented on the fact that a planet suffering from "heat trapping" greenhouse gases is COOLER than bodies in a vacuum, despite equal amounts of insolation.

That's called TRUE BELIEF TRUMPS FACTS THAT REFUTE.
That's not science, that's a tenet of the Church of the Warming Planet.

Forbes Welcome
Blood And Gore: Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Investment Hype
". . . the UN’s alarmist Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has had to finally admit that global temperatures have been flat for at least 16 years despite rising atmospheric CO2 levels. IPCC has also confessed that their theoretical simulation models have grossly exaggerated climate sensitivity to CO2. As a result, those social costs resulting from human-caused climate change are at least one-third less (and more likely 100 percent less) than those in the administration’s calculations."
In short, BOGUS, DECEPTIVE, and ALARMING predictions are not "science" but speculation.

And as the article points out, there was a nefarious motive of greed behind the hoax.
I'm still noting that you have handed me trash resources and seem to think that they are somehow legitimate.

Next you'll be telling me that evolution is a farce and providing answersingenesis as proof

Old 11-20-2016, 12:56 AM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I do not accept graphs drafted by climate mis-informers. Do you have a legitimate source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies