Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 11:46 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times

Advertisements

What is this, the second or third post today that MMM05 has put into the Elections sub-forum when it should have really been posted up in the main P&OC forum?

It's almost like whoever is posting under the MMM05 account has never posted to the City-Data forums before........

Old 02-09-2017, 11:46 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Now that Sessions finally the AG

How long till Hillary Clinton takes an out of country vacation

HRC should be afraid her Sins will catch up with her.

VERY AFRAID 🙄👈🇺🇸

Old 02-09-2017, 12:00 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
For MS/HS, I'm 100% okay with them. Undergrad I'm 50/50 and grad, no way.

With MS/HS, you're all in the same class together day after day. Teachers almost always provide in-class time to work on projects and it is a good way to learn how to divvy up workloads, which is used in the real world.

Undergrad - I say it depends. Kids might have class together 1-2x/week and everybody is balancing school, side jobs, sports, clubs etc. Group meetings weren't impossible to schedule, but we had to be flexible. Had some great projects though (especially in my 3 marketing classes).

Grad school - no way. I'm taking it online and there's students in pretty much every time zone. We all have jobs with different schedules and outside lives. It's near impossible to find a common time to work. You're also at the point where it becomes more frustrating than what you can actually learn from.
I've seen just the opposite.

Our kids hated group projects in elementary and middle school. Their teachers would seed each group with a top performing student who was expected to haul the others along. They found it a frustrating waste of time.

By high school, they could often chose their group members and that worked out better.

Undergrad was 50/50. One daughter reported a group project where two of the members wouldn't (or couldn't) alphatize references. "Who is going to notice?"

By grad school, they all loved group projects. They've presented group projects at conferences, had group papers published in national journals, and developed life-long friends.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:13 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
I still feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone and Americans are surely not so brainwashed as to truly believe Trump's appointments are good choices for America. But of course they do: Millions of Americans voted for Trump, after all My reasoning isn't even rooted in partisanship. I've voted for Republicans, Democrats, and Independents many times over the years.

Rex Tillerson has never held any public office and has no experience in law, government, or politics.

Steve Mnuchin is a shady Wall Street Broker and likewise has no experience in government or politics.

Betsy DeVos is such a moron even some Republicans were against her appointment.

Rick Perry, the Secretary of Energy is a career politician who does not believe in climate change.

Jeff Sessions, nominated for Atty. General, has been highly criticized for being insensitive to civil rights issues.

Tom Price knows nothing about health save being an orthopedic surgeon.

Wilbur Ross, the Secretary of Commerce nominee has no experience in government or politics, save the familiar Trump nominee attribute of being a billionaire. Etc. . .

Some of his appointees are impressive, qualified, and will probably do a great job, such a Judge Neil Gorsuch and Ellen Chao. But in a sane universe, Americans would be laughing these people out of office and screaming bloody murder at the mere thought of such a large complement of greenhorns even being considered, much less nominated. Would Tim Cook hire someone totally unknowledgeable in tech to replace him as CEO of Apple? Of course not. But Trump fans think it's perfectly rational for Trump to hire ignorant appointees to staff these positions, probably because they are mostly white male billionaire buddies of Trump. Not only are many of his appointees unknowledgable and ignorant, there are ethical entanglements between Trump and his appointees, or the appointees themselves and their personal business dealings which should have prevented some of them from ever being nominated in the first place. But in the administration, greed, hubris, and showmanship "Trump" everything, apparently.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.e50518d04ac9

Last edited by Scooby Snacks; 02-09-2017 at 01:06 PM..

Old 02-09-2017, 12:34 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
...Jeff Sessions, nominated for Atty. General, has been highly criticized for being insensitive to civil rights issues.
No, I think the "leaders" of the DNC and democratic Senate aka Elizabeth Warren call him a white supremacist Nazi Hilter KKK racist... Just like they do with everyone else with a differing opinion.

We could care less about y'alls opinion of our cabinet.

Talk to the flesh because the breath ain't fresh.

Quote:
Even Conservatives have criticized Jeff Sessions, saying that his positions are too extreme. If even Conservatives are concerned about another Conservative nominee, you should be concerned about "ya'lls" choices

Conservatives have concerns about Sessions as Trump's attorney general | Reuters
Each one of those couple of "Republicans" are in George Soros's pocket.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-09-2017 at 01:30 PM..

Old 02-09-2017, 01:10 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Jeff Sessions, nominated for Atty. General, has been highly criticized for being insensitive to civil rights issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
No, I think the "leaders" of the DNC and democratic Senate aka Elizabeth Warren call him a white supremacist Nazi Hilter KKK racist... Just like they do with everyone else with a differing opinion.

We could care less about y'alls opinion of our cabinet.

Talk to the flesh because the breath ain't fresh.
Even Conservatives have criticized Jeff Sessions, saying that his positions are too extreme. If even Conservatives are concerned about another Conservative nominee, you should be concerned about "ya'lls" choices

Conservatives have concerns about Sessions as Trump's attorney general | Reuters

Old 02-09-2017, 02:05 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Another Trump surrogate who will do what Trump wants and ignore the constitution and law.
When did enforcing the laws on the books become ignoring the constitution?

Old 02-09-2017, 02:23 PM

858 posts, read 707,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"while shooting the rest."

Please find better word then "shooting"

No ONE is FOR "shooting the rest"

If "shooting" is going on, it is ANOTHER reason to get them out of that school.

And why do you support failing schools?

Why send ANY kid to a failing school when they can go to different school that is NOT failing?

Well let's talk about that then. Let's make it that private schools cannot kick out voucher kids. Let's make it that they HAVE to take disabled kids and autistic kids. Let's make it that they HAVE to provide services. Let's make it that schools that accept vouchers, whether private or charter, MUST meet the same standards as public schools. without these requirements at a minimum then the system works for a couple kids but all the rest are left behind

Old 02-09-2017, 02:23 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Another Trump surrogate who will do what Trump wants and ignore the constitution and law.
It's always amusing to see folks who don't seem to realize that not following the law is against the law!

I'm so glad I'm not one of them.

I hope he starts with Old Cankles.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:26 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,637,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It's always amusing to see folks who don't seem to realize that not following the law is against the law!

I'm so glad I'm not one of them.

I hope he starts with Old Cankles.
Are you pro or against marijuana?

Because legally, marijuana is illegal at the federal level, yet 28 states +DC have legalized it for medical usage and 8 for recreational.

So who's right here? Clearly the people have spoken, yet our federal lords wish to not change their stance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies