Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2016, 06:56 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Scott Pruitt a climate denier was just picked to head up the EPA. Environmentalist are saying this is like putting an arsonist in charge of fighting fires.

Guess the meeting with Al Gore was just for show and another typical Trump move. What does this guy not get that 99% of climate scientists are saying the planet is warming with disastrous long term implications, if not abated.

This guy has grandchildren so can't imagine what he is thinking or maybe as usual he has got his head up his butt.
We're all going to die!!!!!!!!

Trump's invasion will begin at Brown's mill in south jersey with Martians he recruited from outer space. Oh the humanity!

So far it seems obama is stuffing taxpayer funds into the cracks in the earths surface to stop human caused global warming. Wonder how he is doing?

Right, the old 99% propaganda ploy. didn't work so well for the 99% wall st protestors.

Deniers have a problem with how the government proposes to interfere with climate dynamics. Warmers are unable to show any progress or intermediate goals achieved after all the regs and money spent. Warmers keep showing 'scientific evidence' the grant feeders keep regurgitating. they attempt to define the problem but have no measurable way to determine if any of the efforts achieved expected goals.

The problem now becomes lack of trust that the government efforts to stop HCGW are actually effective. Outside reasonale environmental regs, the cash spent seems to be a money laundering scheme. as we have nothing but theoretical profit.

Like spending 37 dollars on a magazine subscription and never getting the magazines.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
No one denies there is climate.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:14 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
The fox, actually I should say, the weasel, has been placed in charge of the henhouse. Bad news for the snail darters and all other endangered species-------we may be on the list, before long.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:14 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
We're all going to die!!!!!!!!

Trump's invasion will begin at Brown's mill in south jersey with Martians he recruited from outer space. Oh the humanity!

So far it seems obama is stuffing taxpayer funds into the cracks in the earths surface to stop human caused global warming. Wonder how he is doing?

Right, the old 99% propaganda ploy. didn't work so well for the 99% wall st protestors.

Deniers have a problem with how the government proposes to interfere with climate dynamics. Warmers are unable to show any progress or intermediate goals achieved after all the regs and money spent. Warmers keep showing 'scientific evidence' the grant feeders keep regurgitating. they attempt to define the problem but have no measurable way to determine if any of the efforts achieved expected goals.

The problem now becomes lack of trust that the government efforts to stop HCGW are actually effective. Outside reasonale environmental regs, the cash spent seems to be a money laundering scheme. as we have nothing but theoretical profit.

Like spending 37 dollars on a magazine subscription and never getting the magazines.

99% would love to see that backed up but then facts no longer matter.

You're right though, since they can't quantify the impact it's best to bury our heads in the sand and do nothing, after all it's a giant hoax.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:17 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
what the hell are you talking about? kill whom?
Donald Trump 2016: We have to take out ISIL members' families - POLITICO

"It's a horrible thing. They're using them as shields. But we're fighting a very politically correct war. And the other thing is with the terrorists, you have to take out their families"

Families-civilian families.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:18 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Donald Trump 2016: We have to take out ISIL members' families - POLITICO

"It's a horrible thing. They're using them as shields. But we're fighting a very politically correct war. And the other thing is with the terrorists, you have to take out their families"

Families-civilian families.
and what does it have anything to do with General Mattis?

Old 12-07-2016, 07:19 PM

979 posts, read 490,995 times
This cabinet becomes more and more of a joke every day. It is as if Trump has no clue with what he is doing other than knowing that he has a bunch of positions to fill and he is just handing them out to a bunch of his buddies that are unqualified to do what they are picked to do or are Wall Street insiders. This presidency really is going to be the American Dumpster Fire.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and what does it have anything to do with General Mattis?
He refused to say he was wrong or that those actions would be wrong.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:21 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
One of the first things you learn about respect is how truly uninformed those who have never learned it actually sound.

Because they have never learned what is deserving of respect, they substitute silly statements like 'fake tough guys' and 'macho military BS' for what they don't understand. It has been my experience that the State Department guys always want to resort to military action when the military generals are trying to get them to resolve the issue diplomatically.

Colin Powell is an excellent example. Read any one of his books. And he was a General, Deputy National Security Advisor and a Secretary of State.

People who have never learned what to respect also use vague statements like 'deficits as far as the eye can see' and 'crumbling infrastructure' to display how current and patriotic they are. Most of them can't cogently define either of those two statements. Can you?

You're welcome for my service, but I don't need to get over myself. I'm retired - last decade's news. Now I just get to sit and watch, but I do so with respect for those who have accomplished more than I did.

So if you have accomplished more than Mr. Trump has, or any of the general officers you so blithely dismissed, then you have earned the right to speak of them in such derisive tones.

Somehow, I doubt that you have...
My accomplishments are not the issue but since I have the title of US citizen I have every right to express my opinions and thoughts unless something has changed since Trump was elected? I have read all of Colin Powell's books and respect him very much. If you re telling me that Flynn, Mattis and Kelly are cut from the same cloth than I might feel better. I have respect for the Military but also prefer civilians in charge of defense and the nsa, especially given the hot head we will have in the WH in very short order.

Again, thanks for the service but i have never been one to worship at the altar of the Military or misguided politicians that want to use them to solve problems that can't be solved by military force. Iraq is the most glaring example and if Bush had listened to Powell we would be in a far better place.

Lastly, time to stop being the cop on the world beat and put our blood and treasure to work for ourselves.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:23 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He refused to say he was wrong or that those actions would be wrong.
Please. I don't see anybody else have said Trump was wrong, either. Why don't you blame EVERYBODY else who hasn't said anything?

Bottom line is Gen. Mattis is well respected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies