Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 11:40 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
There were a lot worse things said during the campaign than this. I would hardly call this harassment.
Hypocrasy at its finest.

I listened to what they told Pence and they spoke to him in a very respectful way. He's the new Vice President and people are concerned about their safety (for obvious reasons).

Like usual, a whole lot of hoopla over nothing. When are we going to receive an apology from the President for all of his misogynistic, racist remarks? When will he apologize to President Obama for all of the lies he contrived about the birther movement and his citizenship?

That's what I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 11:40 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
When liberals post I wonder if they have emotional issues that they get them this heated. Pence has his values and you have yours. When he pays for a ticket to see a play the cast members shouldn't get all emotional and want praise for being SJW heroes in front of social media.

You guys just have no composure. No timing. It's all what is going through your emotional heads at the moment. That's why many of you are burning New Balance shoes, smashing windows, calling for civil war on twitter, asking for someone to assassinate the Prez-elect and other emotionally unstable stuff.

No one is taking away your rights. You're virtue signaling and being an alarmist for no reason. How can most of you be this dense?
The cast gave the performance and also exercised their Constitutional rights so what is your problem? The right wing LOVES the Constitution until it is used by people to practice their rights. Oh the blatant hypocrisy! Sorry but the desire of a legislator to deny civil right to others is despicable and nothing changes that. The light should be shone brightly on people that do and it was...too bad!

Old 11-19-2016, 11:41 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Hamilton tickets are near impossible to get. It's the most universally popular musical to hit Broadway perhaps ever.

How many people threatening to boycott were going to see it anyway?
Lol, that's what I thought. None of these people were probably ever even going to see the show. Boycott away

Old 11-19-2016, 11:41 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-penc...063728742.html

Yeah it's their right but these loser actors are classless.

The actors were as tacky as the audience.

And despite a few tokens, that cast wasn't "diverse," either. No surprise, here.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:43 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
But that's all the left does. They virtue signal and preach from the pulpit and never let the other side speak. When the other side does they are shouted down and insulted as "racist", "bigot", "sexist", etc.
Which was no small part of the reason why the Democrats got their asses handed to them during the recent election, and why the Republicans now hold the strongest position in federal and state governments that they have had in almost 100 years.

Yet somehow the Democrat left has managed to learn nothing from this. So they are doubling down for more of the same. Do they really not know that if they continue to do the same things the same way, they will continue to get the same result?

Old 11-19-2016, 11:47 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Democrats.....THE PARTY OF INTOLERANCE, BIGOTRY, AND DEPRAVITY.

It's why they are losing most of the congressional seats, governorships, state legislators, and local elections -- people are fed up with this stupid crap.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:47 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The cast gave the performance and also exercised their Constitutional rights so what is your problem? The right wing LOVES the Constitution until it is used by people to practice their rights. Oh the blatant hypocrisy! Sorry but the desire of a legislator to deny civil right to others is despicable and nothing changes that. The light should be shone brightly on people that do and it was...too bad!
Voting against certain positions that the LGBT lobby advocates for is not denying you civil rights. If it's up for a vote and a person votes against it, it's denying your rights? I mean people can have differing opinions no matter how much you disagree.

That is the difference. You can disagree. I don't get why the left is so adamant about their ideals being so monolithic and universally accepted as the right ideals.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:50 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
There's a constructive way and a destructive way to make your message known.

How come the theater owner didn't throw out those who disrupt the show with their boos...that would have been the appropriate way to handle this.

The actors were paid to do a show. Do your job. Voice your opinion when you are not on the job.

7,068 posts, read 6,472,346 times
Quote:
But that's all the left does. They virtue signal and preach from the pulpit and never let the other side speak. When the other side does they are shouted down and insulted as "racist", "bigot", "sexist", etc.

Quote:
When liberals post I wonder if they have emotional issues that they get them this heated. Pence has his values and you have yours. When he pays for a ticket to see a play the cast members shouldn't get all emotional and want praise for being SJW heroes in front of social media.

You guys just have no composure. No timing. It's all what is going through your emotional heads at the moment. That's why many of you are burning New Balance shoes, smashing windows, calling for civil war on twitter, asking for someone to assassinate the Prez-elect and other emotionally unstable stuff.

No one is taking away your rights. You're virtue signaling and being an alarmist for no reason. How can most of you be this dense?
I hear you.

More than a few liberals need to understand what it means to "win friends and influence people" or their platform will be seen nothing more but an empty one sided emotional tirade whine fest and their view will simply be ignored by their pathetic/immature approach in many cases. And so far their approach gets an F- in my view and in the view of many.

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I wouldn't see it. I had heard good things about it , but stuff like this leaves a bad taste.
They will feel it. Condemnation is on both sides of the fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies