Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 10:33 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I hope the anger I've observed on many media outlets will result in a boycott of this Hamilton Broadway show.

The best way to fight radical lefties is to impact their pocketbook.

Given the press for this incident, that "free speech" could end up being a very expensive speech for the cast and the producers.

I certainly hope so. I hope the repercussions from the cast's rudeness result in closing the show.
I don't believe in boycotts. The cast wasn't that rude, it was the audience. Though I don't think it was right, it probably should have been expected in that venue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 10:33 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I would have been upset if I had bought a ticket planning to see a good show and those idiots that disrupted the show with their boos couldn't put their differences aside for a couple of hours.

It is not expressing their first amendment rights it is just plain rude. I'm surprised someone didn't yell "FIRE" just to clear the place out and really ruin it for everyone.

It is also ironic how these people that claim to champion the rights of everyone continue to trample on the rights of anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with them.
The performance was not disrupted. The booing happened before the curtain went up while Pence walked in. Pence has a history of being hateful toward gays. Just a few years ago, he passes an amendment in Indiana to jail any gay people who applied for a marriage license. Really???? He continually support gay conversion therapy which has been stated dangerous by just about every credible psychiatrist. While I don't believe Trump won because of anti-gay influence, a consequence of his election is the threat to LGBT and minorities. One actor eloquently stated the concern. If Pence is a true leader, he should address those concerns.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 AM

29,517 posts, read 22,653,459 times
That's life, if Pence doesn't like it tough.

I agree it wasn't the right place and time, but deal with it.

President Obama was booed at a NFL stadium at a game honoring the memory of 9/11.

Michelle Obama was booed at a NASCAR race.

Why do some feel outrage over what happened to Pence and blame all liberals for intolerance, when in fact the other side has shown just as much disrespect and intolerance towards democrats and liberals?

Old 11-19-2016, 10:37 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is a good point. This is not a good look for them and I cannot imagine that it will help there marketing efforts any. In fact, it is likely to hurt them.
Are you serious???
I don't think you understand how people's minds work...
People are buying more Chobani because of Trumpsters hateful actions...
People will see this comment by the cast not as any harangue against Pence but a plea for Trump to live up to his promise to be a President for all Americans...
So far none of his appointments from Jeff Sessions to Bannon to Flynn and the bozo who was saying internment camps sanction Muslim internment centers make Americans feel that he is honoring that "pledge".
I am white, non-Muslim, female, fairly wealthy and I don't feel that the Constitution will be better enforced for ALL Americans under the vindictive, repressive white men Trump (or Bannon through Trump) is choosing
And heaven only knows what person will be the Supreme Court pick...

Old 11-19-2016, 10:38 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Someone clearly knew that Pence was coming beforehand and tipped off the cast who then prepared for this stunt. It was so classless to hear the main actor Dixon ask everyone to take out their phones and record the stunt so it can be plastered all over social media so they can get the word out on how idiotic of a martyr he thinks he is.

Honestly, I've had enough of these actors who use politics as a vehicle to not only push an agenda but reach critical acclaim and success. It makes me believe that while they might hold these ideals, they are secondary to the fame and praise it brings you from the establishment media and such.

It's phony. No one can be that stupid to believe that one administration will bring about the end of America. Especially with our checks and balances. They're crying over nothing. I really hope Americans see this and figure out that it's time to boycott or at least respond back by saying enough is enough.
Oh, please! This is only one of MANY of your ilk:

Rick Wiles: Obama, Hillary And Pope Francis Will Destroy America | Right Wing Watch

Freedom of speech! Bravo "Hamilton" audience and cast.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:39 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
WHAT religious freedoms has any Christian been forbidden that are Constitutionally protected?
The Constitution does not allow for a state-supported religion...that is a fact!

So tax money does not support religious schools of any denomination...
The Constitution nor do states support child marriage or polygamy

For my mind, the IRS has been lax in not keeping religious organizations from supporting certain political parties or political stances while also keeping their tax-free status...
When you have Catholic Churches and other denominations/beliefs outright telling their members that they will be punished by God, be kicked out of that church is they don't vote in a specific way that violates the Constitution's rule against a state-supported (tax-free ) religion...

If those churches/religious organizations want to proslytize and preach about political stances then certainly they have the right to do so---they just have to give up their tax-free status and become a tax-paying one...
Enter the political arena and "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's...

But they don't want to do that---they want to have their cake and eat it too...
Here is California alone where I live politicians wants to rescind state aid to students attending Christian colleges because they felt the colleges were discriminatory toward LGBT. I mean how is a school supposed to take that? Many of their students receive some state aid to help with tuition and it would be yanked because of their deeply held religious beliefs?

And we know CA is usually a testing ground for left wing ideas. This isn't about political stances, this is about the LGBT lobby groups taking their stance a bit further to pretty much punish churches for preaching that homosexuality is a sin and thus consider that discrimination and hate speech. They want to use the power of the state to have some of them lose funding or tax exemption.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:40 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
That's life, if Pence doesn't like it tough.

I agree it wasn't the right place and time, but deal with it.

President Obama was booed at a NFL stadium at a game honoring the memory of 9/11.

Michelle Obama was booed at a NASCAR race.

Why do some feel outrage over what happened to Pence and blame all liberals for intolerance, when in fact the other side has shown just as much disrespect and intolerance towards democrats and liberals?
You're asking the which came first the chicken or the egg? I've been called every name in the book the last few years.....It's called Karma by the way.......

Old 11-19-2016, 10:40 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
The Audience gave Pence The Bronx Cheer. Native New Yorker Trump has never heard it? Does he think that it is only given to out of state professional athletes? "Booooo, you stink". Guess Trump has never watched American Idol or America's got Talent? ROFL

I believe Booing falls under the category of Free Speech and the First Amendment.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:41 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't believe in boycotts. The cast wasn't that rude, it was the audience. Though I don't think it was right, it probably should have been expected in that venue.
Plus the protests and extra security measures at Trump Tower have disrupted lives of many NYers.
They voted Clinton by the way... So Pence should have expected it would be a home-town crowd atmosphere

Old 11-19-2016, 10:41 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I would have asked for my money back. That the cast would behave like that was rude and unprofessional. Typical lib behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies