Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 01:13 PM

36,692 posts, read 67,717,245 times

Advertisements

His troubling staff and cabinet appointments really need to be considered.

His chief advisor, Steve Bannon, recently implied that there are too many Asian CEOs in Silicon
Valley.

https://www.cnet.com/news/trumps-che...s-being-asian/

Trump aide Steve Bannon really hates Asian CEOs | Fusion

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/17/...ys-asian-ceos/

This means that he not only takes issue with poor immigrants, but also rich immigrants-what about rich minorities as a whole?

Are we the next to be blamed for the plight of Whites in the Rust Belt?

I work in a management position in SV and this has me thinking that perhaps we should at least think about ways to keep our families safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 01:15 PM

30,765 posts, read 19,421,566 times
I think contingency plans are good for everyone, so why not. I have property and bank account in several countries in case the one I'm a citizen of craps out (which I expected might happen with Hildabest).

Old 11-19-2016, 01:33 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,998,270 times
If you have the means, sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This means that he not only takes issue with poor immigrants, but also rich immigrants-what about rich minorities as a whole?

I work in a management position in SV and this has me thinking that perhaps we should at least think about ways to keep our families safe.
It is possible they will try to find someone to blame. We don't know who, and we don't know if the public will buy it. Now conservatives are in control of the 3 branches of government, it's gonna be very hard to find someone to blame if things don't "work out"

Just be careful if you(or anybody else reading this thread) decides to buy property in another country. A lot of scam artists out there just like we have here in the US. Also pay attention to whatever laws this new conservative government decides to pass. No one knows what the future holds, not even them. Many things can happen that can change their plans.

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 11-19-2016 at 01:47 PM..

Old 11-19-2016, 01:36 PM

36,692 posts, read 67,717,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think contingency plans are good for everyone, so why not. I have property and bank account in several countries in case the one I'm a citizen of craps out.
This makes sense.

I have a entire life in 2 other countries( that I love) but I always considered the US to be home-Ive always been an American first regardless as to how integrated I became overseas. Ironically for a while I only kept my house here in case the crap hit the fan in Brazil, but now Im considering sending important items down there.

How things have changed.

Old 11-19-2016, 01:45 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,621,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
His troubling staff and cabinet appointments really need to be considered.

His chief advisor, Steve Bannon, recently implied that there are too many Asian CEOs in Silicon
Valley.

https://www.cnet.com/news/trumps-che...s-being-asian/

Trump aide Steve Bannon really hates Asian CEOs | Fusion

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/17/...ys-asian-ceos/

But the liberals worrying about too many male CEOs is not a problem?

Old 11-19-2016, 01:49 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,782,039 times
I can't see that happening

Old 11-19-2016, 01:52 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,948,552 times
To be fair: legal aliens ain't got much to worry about. Illegal aliens; who cares about their feelings, they need to leave the US. Period.

Last edited by Packard fan; 11-19-2016 at 02:02 PM..

Old 11-19-2016, 01:53 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,998,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
I can't see that happening
I can. People should never take anything for granted.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:09 PM

39,370 posts, read 27,759,323 times
The way I see it, well,

A.

The Commission speculated that those of German and Italian descent weren't interned en masse because there were too many of them to make it practical. Contextually, 'impractical' meant that they didn't believe that the rural areas would tolerate mass internment of millions of people. Internment of our 3.3 million Muslims or 10+ million illegals would be impractical by virtue of similar scale.

On the other hand, the Japanese may have been safer interned than the German/Italian-Americans who endured what the Commission referred to as 'patriotic harassment.' Many of them fled to Canada as refugees. Also, and there's a sense in which it may be worse than internment, foreign language news outlets were required to publish in English and have their materials approved by the post office. That effectively isolated the non-English speaking population in place.

In any case, mass internments are unlikely. Smaller scale actions are less farfetched.

B.

Jesse Jackson also said, Tech diversity is next civil rights step. Tech industry is too Asian.

What can Jackson and Bannon do? Force tech companies to lay off Asian CEOs? I really doubt it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the years, people have predicted the country will come to ruin if a particular candidate was elected. And in every case the country has moved on with little interruption.

We've always had OLD.WHITE.RICH.MALE as presidents, what makes everybody think this time is particularly scary? Give him a chance and it is not that bad.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:09 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,847,891 times
I am a legal immigrant from India & I voted for Trump. Being 'legal', I had to keep my status by working harder than others at my education & work because thats how the existing system works here. Before your employer applies for your green card, they have to advertise your position for a year & try to find an American citizen to replace you. Only when they cant find one, my petition moves ahead. That means I have to develop more skillsets & work experience than Americans in my profession. If not, I will be easily replaced.

We dont enjoy the privileges & perks that illegal immigrants get here. If your gpa drops or you lose your job, your visa is cancelled & you get deported within 40days. The backlog to get green card for Indians is about 15-20 yrs because there are so many illegals blocking the line. I think it would be great if they get deported. It will clear a lot of backlog. Your country, your rules. If I have a problem with it I should pack my bags & leave the country rather than forming coalitions of ignorants & throwing childish tantrums. Any naturalized citizen is an American so when you say American, you are talking about me whereas an immigrant means who is still on some visa or here illegally. Being a visitor here doesnt give you any rights that citizens enjoy. Work hard & become a citizen like us to claim your rights & benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies