Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 02:04 PM

772 posts, read 390,761 times

Advertisements

I guess it's a matter of class on how they cast of "Hamilton" chose to handle this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 02:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The cast should not apologize, if Donald Trump hasn't apologized for his hateful rhetoric, why should they?
That is what is so ironic. This is a guy who has never apologized for any of the truly rude and disgusting things he has said and done. And he has the gall to tweet out this crap and demand apologies from actors?

Not only are his actions ironic, I'm betting he doesn't even know what irony is.

Old 11-20-2016, 02:58 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That is what is so ironic. This is a guy who has never apologized for any of the truly rude and disgusting things he has said and done. And he has the gall to tweet out this crap and demand apologies from actors?

Not only are his actions ironic, I'm betting he doesn't even know what irony is.

the difference is Trump has defended himself when attacked first from Rosie, the Machado bimbo and the rest.

Pence hasn't attacked anybody, he went to a play in New York with his family to watch a play. Not to get lecture by an actor over his politics, that is not part of the play.

Imagine if Obama and Michelle went to a play in a deep south and a redneck actor did that on stage to ridicule Obama and the crowd started booing Obama, you think liberals and the press that have always been in love with Obama would be o.k. with that or you will hear the word racism.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:10 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
"Even some artists said it was wrong to deliver a surprise political message to an audience member after curtain call. “You don’t single out an audience member and embarrass him from the stage."

Mr. Pence’s “Hamilton†seats were bought, not provided by the production as complimentary seats, according to two people with knowledge of the transaction."

Old 11-20-2016, 03:12 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You Pubs have gotten to be SO sensitive over the past 12 days.

Maybe Trump and Pence aren't such tough, stand-up "leaders" after all.

We'll soon see.

We're not sensitive. We just are having SOOO much fun baiting the hook and reeling in one moronic liberal after another!

I have to get off c-d just to stop laughing for a little while😂😂😂😂😂😂

Old 11-20-2016, 03:15 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
I guess it's a matter of class on how they cast of "Hamilton" chose to handle this situation.
They handled it quite well, and very respectfully. But you can't tell the knuckle-staggers anything if it's not blind obedience to Der Leader and the new regime.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Hamilton - cast should apologize
When will all this PC nonsense stop? Grow some skin.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:27 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When will all this PC nonsense stop? Grow some skin.
Thanks for your insightful contribution to the conversation.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:57 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
While I'm not demanding an apology, I do have a problem with how the cast used this forum. You go to the theater to see a show, not to be lectured by the show's cast because they have different political views than you. But I have to give it to VP-elect Pence: he is a real class act.
Uh... this isn't the first time, second time or even an unprecedented incident. From Broadway down theatrical productions have stopped shows to interact with audience members and not always in a pleasant or even polite manner like the cast of Hamilton did.

Everyone is acting like this is so shocking and has never happened before. I think many of you should probably look into how often theatrical productions actually do something like this. It's not unusual at all, they won't apologize because they did nothing wrong. Maybe instead of dictating the rules of theater without actually knowing what goes on you should look into it a bit more.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:58 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
At least the Hamilton Cast didn't refuse Mike Pence service. It's not like he's a gay couple trying to buy a wedding cake in Indiana or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies