Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 01:35 PM

39,892 posts, read 26,570,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The article also said Melania wanted Barron to stay in his school until the end of the school year. She admitted he is having some difficulty adjusting and she doesn't employ a nanny. Melania sounds like a very good mother. I can't imagine how hard it would be to raise a young child in that vicious fishbowl swarming with Press sharks called the White House.
Maybe she can get her mother on the payroll as a nanny, like the Obama's did. Oh, wait...she's actually not pawning off the duties involved in being a mother.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times
Quote:
The article also said Melania wanted Barron to stay in his school until the end of the school year. She admitted he is having some difficulty adjusting and she doesn't employ a nanny. Melania sounds like a very good mother. I can't imagine how hard it would be to raise a young child in that vicious fishbowl swarming with Press sharks called the White House.
There is speculation that Barron has autism. This would be consistent with his difficulty adjusting.

Barron Trump's 'difficult' time with campaign fuels autism questions

Old 11-20-2016, 01:38 PM

39,892 posts, read 26,570,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The Hamilton speech was no where near the level of disrespect that Obama got at his state of the union address when Congressman Joe Wilson stood up at the president's address and said, "You Lie!" right to his face.
That wasn't during a State of the Union address. It was during an address when Obama insisted on lecturing Congress about passing Obamacare.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:40 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,954,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Dealing with a former president is much different than dealing with a current president. It's not the same. Melania and Barron will be targets. Obama and his family will be pretty much free to roam once it's over (with a smallish detail of course). There will be no traffic blockages for them anymore.

That said, I agree that it's important to not disrupt kids in school. I totally respect that the Obama's don't want to move Sasha during her last years of high school, which can be a very tough transition at that point. And Sidwell Friends is used to "protecting" her at this point. I think letting Barron finish out his year at school is practical also, but I think the security will be a nightmare. However, I'm sure Barron attends a school that already has children of very influential folks attending and they are already probably used to some measure of security beyond what the rest of us are used to.
I agree that it is a good thing not to move a child until he finishes the school year. Barron attends Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School. Trump's foundation has contributed more than $150,000 over the past three years to the Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School. The school used to be a feeder school for Columbia University, but it severed ties in 1864 and became a proprietary school. It has had non-profit status since 1941. It was originally a boys school, but became co-ed in 1956. It has 1300 students from k to 12th grade. Notable alumni include Herman Melville, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Gary Winick, The Postelles, and Steve Ross. They have a focus on creative arts. The also do serve students with learning differences in their learning center.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:42 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,954,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That wasn't during a State of the Union address. It was during an address when Obama insisted on lecturing Congress about passing Obamacare.
Yes, you are correct. But it really does not matter when it was, it was still very rude and much more so than what the cast of Hamilton did.

15,652 posts, read 10,423,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There is speculation that Barron has autism. This would be consistent with his difficulty adjusting.

Barron Trump's 'difficult' time with campaign fuels autism questions
I have not read those rumors about Barron and it seems very cruel to spread them.

33,315 posts, read 12,598,593 times
Quote:
I agree. Barron seemed to have a 'deer in the headlights look' when they came onstage after Hillary called to concede. It's one thing to go from living on an island (Manhattan) where your father is high profile with 'celebrity status', but among lots of other celebrities and where over 25 other people (each of whom your father likely knows) have a higher net worth...to...your father being the most high profile person on the planet and all that entails....overnight....and somewhat unexpectedly.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:43 PM

31,960 posts, read 27,101,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Wow, draining NYCs tax coffers for police service, withholding federal funds because they are a sanctuary city, and inconveniencing those libs that voted against him. Now that's a perfect trifecta of revenge.

Would have to research but am sure the federal government reimburses NYC, or any other local USA government for LE costs related to POTUS, VPOTUS, FLOTUS, etc... visits. The United Nations is another matter. *LOL*

Live in NYC (Manhattan) so on one level these sort of interruptions are common enough. Obama in particular visited New York City very often (usually for fund raising, but also things like UN General Assembly, important dinners, etc...), so we get blockades, LE presence and so forth.

Problem is such visits have a short duration. Sealing of a main part of Mid-Town Manhattan for four years is going to be difficult and expensive.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:45 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,567,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Heard this the other day. Brown people been staying there so that's why the Trumps don't want to stay there.

Silly.
Must be a sad life to see racial issues in every single thing in your life.

This, would have never occurred to me.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:46 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,858,970 times
She must have heard about the mice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies