Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 06:11 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times

Advertisements

When that claim comes it will show the lack of understanding for the common person, I.e Walmarts insurers paid this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 06:26 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
As a truck driver myself, I'm glad to see this. We don't do this job as charity

Old 11-23-2016, 06:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
As a truck driver myself, I'm glad to see this. We don't do this job as charity
Do you know why lay overs are considered part of the paid job? I wonder how that was successfully argued?

Old 11-23-2016, 07:01 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Things like this make me very happy! I'm always on the working man's (and woman's) side in these cases. That's because I know what team I play for. Some working stiffs seem to be confused about what uniform they wear.

Good for these truck drivers! I'm glad a large greedy corporation is gonna take it in the shorts for once.

Give people what they're due...stop being greedy. What does the Walton family want? Another fricken yacht?

Wal-Mart loses pay fight with California truck drivers
The drivers are only due what they won in California. The rest of the states are different.

WalMart pay is among the highest for truckers, averaging $71,500 before bonuses. My friend makes about 83K.
Highest Paying Truck Driving Jobs | AllTrucking.com

I was a trucker and if the law required the company to pay me, I would be clamoring for the pay, too. But that's why companies are leaving California.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:02 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,905,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Do you know why lay overs are considered part of the paid job? I wonder how that was successfully argued?
When FDR implemented the FLSA (minimum wage law), the truckers opposed it and successfully lobbied to be exempt. They made more money if they were paid by mile, which means they don't really get paid for any required prepwork needed before driving.

Remember, this was before the hours of service regulations, which limit how many hours truckers can work (and effectively how much money they can make).

See Why Drivers Are Paid By The Mile | TruckingTruth Blog

Old 11-23-2016, 07:09 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times
This is a good thing but does not go far enough
We hear the evils about Communism all the time
Any Company doing business with a Communist Country should be shut down full stop

Walmart is one of the biggest offenders

The heads of Walmart and many other Big Corporations got together to screw Americans with secret trade pacts
The heads of the outfits should be thrown in Jail

Old 11-23-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I thought business owners and managers did everything based on free and fair agreement and the 'non-force/aggression' principle ?
They are as dirty as they come
And unlike the party shills, they do not give a darn about parties
They will donate to any Tom, Dick and Harry that will grease their wheels

People will come to realize soon enough that it is not Democrats or Republicans that are the enemy
Is is deep pockets wheeling and dealing to benefit themselves

It is old as time itself

The deep pockets need to be thrown out of DC

Old 11-23-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
How's their pledge to hire a million veterans going?

Wal mart sucks

Wanna help this country buy American made goods.
Walmart needs to be shutdown and I would vote for a president to do just that
The leaders should have their assets confiscated and thrown in jail

Old 11-23-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Any time Walmart loses it's a win for the average guy. There was never a family who took greed to the extremes more than the Walton family does. May they rot in hell.
It would not even be that bad for them if they had played the game for the benefit of this nation.
They raped many business and consumers as well in this country with the help of foreign markets.

They also paid off billions to local politicians in various states to get their way as well as heavily funded the Clintons and other politicians at the federal government level.

I bad mouth them every chance I get in public and on the net, they need to go out of business and the stockholders need to go bankrupt

Old 11-23-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The drivers are only due what they won in California. The rest of the states are different.

WalMart pay is among the highest for truckers, averaging $71,500 before bonuses. My friend makes about 83K.
Highest Paying Truck Driving Jobs | AllTrucking.com

I was a trucker and if the law required the company to pay me, I would be clamoring for the pay, too. But that's why companies are leaving California.
Walmart does more bad than good in this country, they can rot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies