Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 10:23 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL
If Trump proposed to sell every asset he had, spend every dime of his own money and his children's money to build infrastructure, Bernie and his ilk would find a way to criticize it.

Trump is not taking the $400,000 a year president's salary -- giving the money back to the people.
I see Bernie is keeping his overpaid salary and government benefits and building a new luxurious home.
How many jobs has Bernie actually ever created while living so well for decades off the peoples' money?
I know a guy in Nigeria who has a lot of money to give you. But I'll need your bank account number to complete the transaction...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 10:26 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Did you just say that with a straight face?

In know you need a safe space right now, but until the sky is ACTUALLY falling I'm betting that tax cuts will help the economy. There is an established track record of it.
We've been trying tax breaks for the wealthy for 36 years. Is it working?

Old 11-23-2016, 10:40 PM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Well, let's see. there are 1,700 new American millionaires created everyday. Get on board and get your tax breaks.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:42 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
GOP hates spending government money on infrastructure.... but if you use private-public partnerships, there won't be any public money. The government would let companies bid on a project for the rights to design-build-operate-maintain the structure. The company would have the ability to charge fees/tolls/etc for its use.
Yes we are finally constructing the Portsmouth [Ohio] By-Pass called the Veterans Highway that was designed in 1958 through a public private partnership ...

Old 11-24-2016, 03:48 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Is this the same Bernie Sanders that supported Obama's Stimulus bill and offered his own 1 trillion infrastructure spending plan during his campaign?

THAT Bernie Sanders?

Flaming political hack and hypocrite.
Bernie must of been asleep when Obama's Trillion Dollar Baby didn't really create any shovel ready jobs and Barry laughed about it while we get the bill...

Old 11-24-2016, 03:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Oh yea, just endless tax cuts for the big money donors and his friends will sure trickle down to the rural working class of America! 40 years of trickle down and the people still havent had enough pain, some people just want to suffer the boot of the billionaire class some more! You are better off sending your money straight to Carl Icahn than voting for these puppets. They dont care about you, they laugh at the gullible voters.
Or just sending it directly to Wall Street like we have been doing the last eight years.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:25 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Tax breaks on personal wealth and taxes on business are two separate things, you really need to separate the two.

As I have already pointed out it's sitting offshore because in a global economy a business cannot be taxed by every country because there would be nothing left. Apple for example has an estimated 200 billion sitting offshore, if they can bring that money into the country at lower or no tax that is wealth flowing back into this country. Those funds can be used for investment here or used to pay stockholders.

Before you get wound up about the stockholders understand they would pay tax on it and those stockholders are you, me and everyone else in one way or another. Those people are business owners and consumers who have more money in their pocket to either invest or spend.

If you want the economy to boom tax policies that are friendly instead of punitive to business are imperative, taxing the personal income of wealthy people is whole other topic.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Tax breaks on personal wealth and taxes on business are two separate things, you really need to separate the two.

As I have already pointed out it's sitting offshore because in a global economy a business cannot be taxed by every country because there would be nothing left. Apple for example has an estimated 200 billion sitting offshore, if they can bring that money into the country at lower or no tax that is wealth flowing back into this country. Those funds can be used for investment here or used to pay stockholders.
I have no desire to see stockholders get paid for jobs that were moved offshore. The only way I would allow this money back is if it's 100% invested in created jobs here.

Quote:
Before you get wound up about the stockholders understand they would pay tax on it and those stockholders are you, me and everyone else in one way or another. Those people are business owners and consumers who have more money in their pocket to either invest or spend.

If you want the economy to boom tax policies that are friendly instead of punitive to business are imperative, taxing the personal income of wealthy people is whole other topic.
How the money is being made is indeed also important.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:47 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Bernie's a loser, just like Hillary and the rest of the dems and leftwingers.

Sorry Bernie, you don't count anymore.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:08 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Yes we are finally constructing the Portsmouth [Ohio] By-Pass called the Veterans Highway that was designed in 1958 through a public private partnership ...
I'm not familiar with it, but from what I'm reading now, the recommendation to go with a public private partnership was only made in 2013? And the idea for the roadway began in the 60s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies