Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 01:45 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm sure Melania isn't losing sleep over this.

Where are these powerless women that can afford $3,500 for one piece of clothing?

Who is the target customer for Tom Ford? A minimum wage worker? A college intern?
The everyday person can't afford $3,500 almost anything let alone one stupid outfit

How out of touch is this guy and other liberals like him?..

What should Melania wear? Should she pull rags out of dumpsters from the streets of NYC just to prove a point?

____
The high-end designer added that he doesn't believe any first lady or woman in power should wear his designs because they can cost upwards of $3,500. The outspoken Democrat said that even if Hillary Clinton had won, he would not have dressed her.

"The first lady — other than the fact that I'm a Democrat and voted for Hillary [Clinton] and am very sad and disappointed that she’s not in office — even had Hillary won, she shouldn't be wearing my clothes. They're too expensive," Ford said.

Tom Ford on why he won't dress Melania Trump | Fox News
No one is buying his excuse except the shills.

Ignorant buffoon. He should have taken a business class while he was working towards a fashion career. The basic rules of business: You find a way to take that money.

His fashion could have been out there, for all to see, and that makes people spend money. It's not his decision what people spend their money on...even us poor plebes he thinks could never afford his designs. Just another uppity liberal puke who thinks he's better than others.

In the end, however, it doesn't matter. He's not the only designer, so who cares if he doesn't want to dress her. I'm sure Melania can find many others who will dress her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 01:45 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,860 times
Conservatives are hypocrites. Remember the pizza owner who they felt had the right to sell to whomever he chooses?

Old 12-01-2016, 01:47 PM

34,940 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Oh ok , so it's fine to judge people by who they are married to. Nice liberal logic.
I thought you guys were all about looking at the individuals , tolerance and compassion and acceptance.
You're kidding.

He looked at this woman and saw that she's married to a man that most thinking-minded humans cannot stand.

Who would want their work, their art, strolling around on the arms of Cheeto Hitler?

He's within his rights.

I'm confused as to why you don't see that.

Liberal doesn't equal "must put up with all manner of personal insults, dangers to equal rights, and downright foolishness."

I'm sure if she divorced Trump, plenty of people would dress her. She's an attractive lady. I doubt Ivana has trouble getting dressed by the best designers.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No one is buying his excuse except the shills.

Ignorant buffoon. He should have taken a business class while he was working towards a fashion career. The basic rules of business: You find a way to take that money.

His fashion could have been out there, for all to see, and that makes people spend money. It's not his decision what people spend their money on...even us poor plebes he thinks could never afford his designs. Just another uppity liberal puke who thinks he's better than others.

In the end, however, it doesn't matter. He's not the only designer, so who cares if he doesn't want to dress her. I'm sure Melania can find many others who will dress her.
You think his fashion isn't already out there for all to see?

He's incredibly famous and quite wealthy. PLENTY of wealthy individuals buy his stuff. He's dressed pretty much anyone who is anyone in... well, the world, really.

He'll keep on being that way until the fashion industry decides he's not designing things they like anymore.

He'll likely turn his design house over to younger designers at that point, as is the custom.

He isn't exactly selling clothes at Walmart.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:52 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,089,464 times
Why is this even news?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:07 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You're kidding.

He looked at this woman and saw that she's married to a man that most thinking-minded humans cannot stand.

Who would want their work, their art, strolling around on the arms of Cheeto Hitler?

He's within his rights.

I'm confused as to why you don't see that.

Liberal doesn't equal "must put up with all manner of personal insults, dangers to equal rights, and downright foolishness."

I'm sure if she divorced Trump, plenty of people would dress her. She's an attractive lady. I doubt Ivana has trouble getting dressed by the best designers.

Again with the Hitler stuff?

You realize there were some that called Obama Hitler too?

Do you want to be remembered as one of 'those people' ?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Again with the Hitler stuff?

You realize there were some that called Obama Hitler too?

Do you want to be remembered as one of 'those people' ?
There are actually parallels between Trump and Hitler, though. All this nationalism, the registries... it's quite unsettling.

I don't throw around names with no basis. I think he earned that one. Oh... and Cheeto, because that bronzer was frightful.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:15 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
There are actually parallels between Trump and Hitler, though. All this nationalism, the registries... it's quite unsettling.

I don't throw around names with no basis. I think he earned that one. Oh... and Cheeto, because that bronzer was frightful.

Nationalism.. you mean like putting the needs of America and American citizens first?

That's a terrible thing I guess...

First thing Obama did when he got into office was going around the World apologizing for the United States
http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...d-a-superpower

If Americans don't even respect the U.S how is anyone else expected to respect the U.S?

Also you don't think we have various registries now under Obama?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:16 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Tom Ford??

Who is that?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Nationalism.. you mean like putting the needs of America and American citizens first?

That's a terrible thing I guess...

First thing Obama did when he got into office was going around the World apologizing for the United States
Barack Obama's Top 10 Apologies: How the President Has Humiliated a Superpower

If Americans don't even respect the U.S how is anyone else expected to respect the U.S?

Also you don't think we have various registries now under Obama?
Tracking national security risks has been done forever.

His proposals and refusal to denounce the KKK are really veering close to Hitler territory. Read about the rise of Hitler.

There are some very definite parallels.

Doesn't mean he IS Hitler, of course. I'm not being literal. There are differences. Just not enough of them for my liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies