Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Prime Minister Shinzo Abe apologize for Pearl Harbor
Yes, his country was at fault 23 28.75%
No, he isn't responsible 57 71.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 12:55 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,676 times

Advertisements

It was war. One party won. Now the war is over. Shall everybody apologize for wars that happend in the last centuries and involved any of our countries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 12:58 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I think the Japanese should learn from history. The stupids in the past has done nothing good for the Japanese.

In term of the apology to the Chinese

List of war apology statements issued by Japan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ssued_by_Japan

They apologized in 1950 1960 1970 1980 1990 2000 2010

In the 1980s, Chinese loved the Japanese, call Japanese great neighbor because Japan admitted there was only one China although Japan always had a great relationship with the Taiwanese. I think Japan should apologize to Taiwan.

Here's Mao Zedong telling the Prime Minister of Japan to take back his apology

https://www.quora.com/Did-Mao-thank-...invading-China

They didn't want an apology then, they want an apology now?

This is what came out of his own mouth

(Japan) doesn't have to say sorry, you had contributed towards China, why? Because had Imperial Japan did not start the war of invasion, how could we communist became mighty powerful? How could we stage the coup d'état? How could we defeat Chiang Kai Shek? How are we going to pay back you guys? No, we do not want your war reparations!"

Old 12-07-2016, 01:48 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think the Japanese should learn from history. The stupids in the past has done nothing good for the Japanese.

In term of the apology to the Chinese

List of war apology statements issued by Japan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ssued_by_Japan

They apologized in 1950 1960 1970 1980 1990 2000 2010

In the 1980s, Chinese loved the Japanese, call Japanese great neighbor because Japan admitted there was only one China although Japan always had a great relationship with the Taiwanese. I think Japan should apologize to Taiwan.

Here's Mao Zedong telling the Prime Minister of Japan to take back his apology

https://www.quora.com/Did-Mao-thank-...invading-China

They didn't want an apology then, they want an apology now?

This is what came out of his own mouth

(Japan) doesn't have to say sorry, you had contributed towards China, why? Because had Imperial Japan did not start the war of invasion, how could we communist became mighty powerful? How could we stage the coup d'état? How could we defeat Chiang Kai Shek? How are we going to pay back you guys? No, we do not want your war reparations!"

It's not so much about apology. The real issue is that many Japanese consider it nothing wrong to invade other Asian countries. If you visit some of the Japanese forums, you will see they took pride in what they did. I won't be surprised that their politicians hold the same view without speaking out. Do you think China, Korea etc can be comfortable with that?

Old 12-07-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
It's not so much about apology. The real issue is that many Japanese consider it nothing wrong to invade other Asian countries. If you visit some of the Japanese forums, you will see they took pride in what they did. I won't be surprised that their politicians hold the same view without speaking out. Do you think China, Korea etc can be comfortable with that?
Well, just stated the FACT that Japan has apologized, now you are saying it is not about apology

They certainly should apologize. To taiwan, and S. Korea. Not to communist China.

I myself love all asians, as long as they don't hold myself accountable because of my 1/4 Japanese heritage. And guess what? my loved ones will not be sent over there to die for the Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, or the Koreans. As long as they don't go over there to die for them, I have no issues.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Well, just stated the FACT that Japan has apologized, now you are saying it is not about apology

They certainly should apologize. To taiwan, and S. Korea. Not to communist China.

I myself love all asians, as long as they don't hold myself accountable because of my 1/4 Japanese heritage. And guess what? my loved ones will not be sent over there to die for the Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, or the Koreans. As long as they don't go over there to die for them, I have no issues.
They should apologize to CHINESE PEOPLE, communist or not is totally irrelevant.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
They should apologize to CHINESE PEOPLE, communist or not is totally irrelevant.
well, they have issued apology many times.

If the communist leader did not want them to apologize anymore, what do you expect the Japanese government to do? sheesh. but since you are a Chinese-American, I understand your feeling. But fairness is fairness.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:53 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You should learn some history. Japan brutalized the countries they conquered including murdering close to 6M Chinese alone.
two things waldokitty, I stated that Chian and Russia were guilty of MODERN crimes. not 70 year old crimes.

second, you need to spend less time telling folk what they need to learn, I majored in history, history is kind of a thing with me. I am more than conversant on the topic at hand.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
well, they have issued apology many times.

If the communist leader did not want them to apologize anymore, what do you expect the Japanese government to do? sheesh. but since you are a Chinese-American, I understand your feeling. But fairness is fairness.
Mao joked about it once and Mao died in 1976 already. He is irrelevant too.
I don't care about apology at all, but they should stop worshipping war criminals in that shrine.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Mao joked about it once and Mao died in 1976 already. He is irrelevant too.
I don't care about apology at all, but they should stop worshipping war criminals in that shrine.
I agree with you. They (the Japanese) can be really stupid sometimes. But it is all warning gesture to their neighbors.

Don't worry about it, if the Japanese come here to attack again, I am sure they will be finished. I (1/4 Japanese blood in me) will not mind to kill a few myself LOL

But seriously, enough is enough. What will this whole apology end. China can be a pretty great country. (as long as they keep their ego in check.)

ONLY thing I care about is my loved ones in the Marine Corps. They shouldn't be sending over there to die for any of these Asian peoples. They are not asians. You can at least agree with that, can you? Why should any Americans die for other countries?

Old 12-07-2016, 02:02 PM

Can you imagine if Germans put Hitler's name in a shrine and top German politicians go worshipping him from time to time?
Japan is doing that now, despite the protests from Korea and China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies