Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 09:13 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I don't like Trump, but I sure do get a kick out of how lives in the heads of so many on the left. He just about owns you.
What lives in my head is an awareness of what type of person was elected. I want to make sure that we, as Americans, never forget that the guy who got elected is not the wonderful person his adoring minions make him out to be. History tells us it's a bad idea to give deeply flawed, unethical men great power.

Thankfully, the Founding Fathers gave us the First Amendment. Those of us who did not drink the Flavor Aid can speak freely and counter those who did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 09:15 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
To here some around here, Hillary should have gotten it for coming in 2nd place.
I'm sure she got a Participant trophy. Progressives love those.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:17 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Leave it to Time to say Trump is the President of the Divided States of America.

They're too damned stupid to know it's crap like this that divides us.

They are just being honest don't ya think? Did they make Hitler man of the year because the trains ran on time and ignore the rather large downside.

We are divided, the polls and these threads are a pefect example. Do you think Trump's recent actions had a unifying effect on the nation, brought us together? Maybe you haven't seen some of his statements and appearances since the election.

The right would whine if he wasn't selected, now their whining because of the way he was portrayed. You have your man of the year, celebrate.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:20 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
What a circus. The winner obviously should have been Nigel Farage who actually delivered massive change in the form of Brexit. So far all Trump has done is upset the delusional expectations of the Democrat left that post-Obama they would rule the US forever with no threat of opposition to concern them.

In fact, this reminds me of Obama's Nobel Peace Prize quite a bit, in that it was awarded based on the emotional anticipation of what he was going to do, not based on any actual achievements.

The awarding of these prizes based on how people feel is really inappropriate and not very smart. Apparently that is how these sorts of leftist organizations do these sorts of things now, if these two awards are any indication.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:25 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
His victory was pretty monumental since he didn't have the support of either party, tough to take that away from him. This didn't rival Harry Truman but it was very historically significant.

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
You can tell from the article the butt-hurtedness is strong with Time.

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What lives in my head is an awareness of what type of person was elected. I want to make sure that we, as Americans, never forget that the guy who got elected is not the wonderful person his adoring minions make him out to be. History tells us it's a bad idea to give deeply flawed, unethical men great power.

Thankfully, the Founding Fathers gave us the First Amendment. Those of us who did not drink the Flavor Aid can speak freely and counter those who did.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:44 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Unfortunately, both main candidates were very flawed.

Would you be making the same type comments had Hillary been elected?

Old 12-07-2016, 09:48 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Unfortunately, both main candidates were very flawed.

Would you be making the same type comments had Hillary been elected?
What she means is, she is a crybaby and will continue the lying and deceit with false propaganda from places like WaPo... it takes some time to interpret liberal talk...

Old 12-07-2016, 09:51 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Quit calling everyone that doesn't agree with you a "snowflake."

It sounds ridiculous.

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

As for Hillary "coming in 2nd," though. Nope. She came in first in the popular vote.

Stop saying the old hag came in first in the popular vote. It makes you well beyond ridiculous.

Everybody with a smidgen of a brain knows the popular vote isn't how presidential elections work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies