Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 09:21 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Many of these people have contributed to the mess we are in today. So, it's only fitting that they get to clean the mess up.
Who really believes folks like McMahon or DeVos are going to clean anything up at all? At least not to the benefit of the American working class...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 09:23 AM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Who really believes folks like McMahon or DeVos are going to clean anything up at all? At least not to the benefit of the American working class...
These people PROFIT from the working class. Of course they want to help, so long as it continues to pay dividends. And that's why you put a guy who makes deals for a living in charge. Because our country and it's economy lives and dies by the deals we make.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Which is what fast food jobs are intended to be!

These jobs were never supposed to be a career just a stepping stone while you're either in school or in transition into another field (unless you're going into the management aspect of the industry). Why people think that a fast food server deserves $15.00/hr is beyond me when a lot of people working construction jobs barely get paid that.

One of my first jobs I was washing dishes but no way did I ever think "Hey I want a career doing this". It was a starting point in the work force and I knew I wanted more in my life than just some menial low paying job. I never went to college but still ended up starting my own business over 30 years ago which has led me to be semi-retired at 52. Point is people need to start being responsible for themselves,stop being lazy and making poor choice like having kids when they're still a kid. It's evident by this past election the little snowflakes are going to have a very rough time in life.
Exactly! So why would we want the Secretary of Labor to be a man who will build more low paying, entry level jobs?

Old 12-10-2016, 09:32 AM

1,180 posts, read 778,843 times
I like that my President has a Black Trump card.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
I like that my President has a Black Trump card.
I have no idea what that means.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:36 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
You've been Trumped! The Swampy Cabinet Selections

At least we have escaped a cabinet appointed by Hilderbeast Clinton.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:39 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Which is what fast food jobs are intended to be!

These jobs were never supposed to be a career just a stepping stone while you're either in school or in transition into another field (unless you're going into the management aspect of the industry). Why people think that a fast food server deserves $15.00/hr is beyond me when a lot of people working construction jobs barely get paid that.

One of my first jobs I was washing dishes but no way did I ever think "Hey I want a career doing this". It was a starting point in the work force and I knew I wanted more in my life than just some menial low paying job. I never went to college but still ended up starting my own business over 30 years ago which has led me to be semi-retired at 52. Point is people need to start being responsible for themselves,stop being lazy and making poor choice like having kids when they're still a kid. It's evident by this past election the little snowflakes are going to have a very rough time in life.
Why look down on Food Service workers? They should earn as much as they possibly. If somebody can earn 50k on a job based on tipping then they're doing a good job and good on them. I don't shame them for being servers, make your money how you need to make your money.

Maybe you're jealous of your bartender? If my bartender makes that much, good for her, I'm happy for her. It's free enterprise.

But the bigger flaw in your reasoning.
Why appoint a guy who exclusively creates these jobs you so despise?

Old 12-10-2016, 09:42 AM

This is what the Secretary of Labor is responsible for:

Quote:
The Department of Labor (DOL) fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements. In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers’ rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support
.United States Department of Labor: Frequently Asked Questions

I know of no other employer that violates everything the Department of Labor ensures for the working class more than fast food employers! Trump's selection for the secretary of labor is sure to make working conditions less for all Americans in all job sectors.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:30 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Why look down on Food Service workers? They should earn as much as they possibly. If somebody can earn 50k on a job based on tipping then they're doing a good job and good on them. I don't shame them for being servers, make your money how you need to make your money.

Maybe you're jealous of your bartender? If my bartender makes that much, good for her, I'm happy for her. It's free enterprise.

But the bigger flaw in your reasoning.
Why appoint a guy who exclusively creates these jobs you so despise?

I was referring to fast food workers...ex - McDonalds These shouldn't be looked at as career positions.

There's nothing wrong with being a waiter/waitress or bartender. Heck, I was jealous of a few friends who use to bartend. They made great money and also met a lot of women that way too!

Old 12-10-2016, 10:34 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Filling cabinet positions without career politicians and yes men is draining the swamp.

Liberals have been Trumped again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies