Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 02:01 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,381 times

Advertisements

The funny thing is, when this country fails, conservatives won't say, "yeah, we messed up"..they'll just continue to blame everything on everyone else..like they've always done.

Whether you're left or right, none of us have won here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 02:05 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Lol. It's going to be interesting watching folks here try and defend their presidential pick. Congratulations, you won the election. You do know that was the simple part? That simply chanting "we won" or "suck it up buttercup" actually isn't leadership right?

Lol

Old 12-12-2016, 02:12 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Many of these people have contributed to the mess we are in today. So, it's only fitting that they get to clean the mess up.
That's an interesting way of looking at it!

Old 12-12-2016, 02:15 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Which is what fast food jobs are intended to be!

These jobs were never supposed to be a career just a stepping stone while you're either in school or in transition into another field (unless you're going into the management aspect of the industry). Why people think that a fast food server deserves $15.00/hr is beyond me when a lot of people working construction jobs barely get paid that.

One of my first jobs I was washing dishes but no way did I ever think "Hey I want a career doing this". It was a starting point in the work force and I knew I wanted more in my life than just some menial low paying job. I never went to college but still ended up starting my own business over 30 years ago which has led me to be semi-retired at 52. Point is people need to start being responsible for themselves,stop being lazy and making poor choice like having kids when they're still a kid. It's evident by this past election the little snowflakes are going to have a very rough time in life.
We are now a nation of restaurants, dry cleaners, and nail salons. Those are the "great new jobs" in America.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
It's clear you didn't understand what he meant by "drain the swamp."

Old 12-12-2016, 02:16 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
And here Trump gave Hilary a raft of crap during the debates for giving paid speeches to Goldman Sachs. And what does Trump do? Appoints Goldman Sachs to his cabinet.

Trump is not going to be our president. There are safety valves in the constitution for disasters like this that will be pulled.
Maybe Trump will choke on a pretzel?

Old 12-12-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
And here Trump gave Hilary a raft of crap during the debates for giving paid speeches to Goldman Sachs. And what does Trump do? Appoints Goldman Sachs to his cabinet.

Trump is not going to be our president. There are safety valves in the constitution for disasters like this that will be pulled.
Unfortunately I'm afraid he will be, but perhaps not for a full term. The only "safety valve" I see that's possible would be the Electoral College not voting for him, and sadly I don't think that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening. And even if it did, I think the result would just be no candidate gets to 270 so it would go to the new Congress which would almost certainly vote Trump in anyway.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:29 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,693,567 times
I did not vote for Trump, I voted against Clinton. I had a dim hope that Trump would make good on his promises. So much for that fairytale. This just supports, "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is."

Silly me, I was afraid Clinton would take us to war. If Trump continues on the path he is on we could be at war before he takes office.

A fox in the henhouse was bad enough. Now we have a fox, Trump, who brought a pack of predators with him and we are the hens they will dine on.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Lol. It's going to be interesting watching folks here try and defend their presidential pick. Congratulations, you won the election. You do know that was the simple part? That simply chanting "we won" or "suck it up buttercup" actually isn't leadership right?

Lol
Prepare yourself for up to 4 years of:

"..but...but...but....Obama......"
"Lock her up!"
"Benghazi!"
"Emails!"
"I'm a deplorable!"

Old 12-12-2016, 02:39 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Unfortunately when presented with a creative solution, Dems are unable to recognize its value as they cling to their historic, repetitive, failed solutions.
Bingo! So true! And, voting for Pelosi as minority leader, again, even though she has failed them miserably, and says, "we don't need to change anything!"

Quote:
Dems prefer phenotypical diversity rather than diversity of ideas from successful people.
The Hillary sycophants mistake choosing the best and brightest for failure, because they thought when he said "drain the swamp" that meant he wasn't looking for people with a high level of expertise and experience in their field, people who had become rich because of their ability, but people who only had "potential," but were unknowns and untested, because anyone else would be just another "elitist," with ties to people they don't like, and corporations and industries they despise.

Quote:
Dems think a failed business is a sign of, well, failure. It can be if their is no recovery and greater success. The real story is to find someone who failed and had the composure and intelligence to try again and gain wild success.

I don't want to read about some slug who failed and crawled back under a rock. I want to hear about the guy who failed and went on to success. Like an Edison or countless other luminaries noted for their successful journeys despite setbacks.
Exactly. Many of Obama's appointees had no track record of amazing success at anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies