Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:00 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,293,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
I think clawsondude had a stroke, so I'll just finish up the conversation for him so I can go to work and make money to support the 25 liberal families I involuntarily adopted in several states.

He's going to say that the government can't establish a religion.

Then I'll tell him that the government isn't establishing one, the community is.

Then he'll get all angry and have another stroke and I'll high five everyone.

The end.
No, just giving up because it's clear you aren't prepared to discuss things like an adult. Personal attacks aren't very mature in a "reasoned" discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 09:02 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,596 times
Way to go Killeen, once again, sinking to the levels of low expectations. Maybe more Soldiers coming to Fort Hood will see this story, and have the common sense to chose to live in Temple, or Belton.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:02 AM

1,850 posts, read 821,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
No, just giving up because it's clear you aren't prepared to discuss things like an adult. Personal attacks aren't very mature in a "reasoned" discussion.
Yeah, you gave up because I said I was yawning. We all believe you.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:05 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Quote:
I don't fear anyone becoming Christian. I do think it violates the First Amendment to promote a religion by displaying religious text in a public school. Displaying that poster is nothing but a thinly veiled attempt to promote Christianity.
You think if someone has something about Christianity in any location, its sole purpose is the promotion of Christianity... You don't think that is an IRRATIONAL line of thinking? Really?

Old 12-14-2016, 09:14 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,906,441 times
Simple solution, get rid of public schools and then we don't have to have these stupid arguments anymore and all those who want to leech off the tax payers to send their children to school can select the school that best serves their investment and actually... PAY FOR IT! /gasp!

Old 12-14-2016, 09:18 AM

1,850 posts, read 821,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Simple solution, get rid of public schools and then we don't have to have these stupid arguments anymore and all those who want to leech off the tax payers to send their children to school can select the school that best serves their investment and actually... PAY FOR IT! /gasp!
That would be fine. However, I'll note that this always happens. We have an institution, like schools or marriage or anything, and it works for like 10 million years. And then liberals come in and totally f**k it up in three days. And then people say "OK, let's just get rid of the institution." How about we just get rid of the liberals?

Old 12-14-2016, 09:21 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,559,016 times
Quote:
Yeah, you gave up because I said I was yawning. We all believe you.
Because yawning is a form of personal attack apparently.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:27 AM

57,329 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
So how do you reason it is okay to display a Bible verse, but not a Koran verse in a public school?
I'm betting that if this was about a Koran verse you wouldn't hear a protest.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:33 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,906,441 times
Quote:
That would be fine. However, I'll note that this always happens. We have an institution, like schools or marriage or anything, and it works for like 10 million years. And then liberals come in and totally f**k it up in three days. And then people say "OK, let's just get rid of the institution." How about we just get rid of the liberals?
I don't care about liberals other than when they infringe on my liberties.

A Public school system infringes on my liberties by forcing me to pay for other peoples kids. In fact, a public education system is entirely progressive in its design today (they used to be run by the churches and were funded by donation, etc...) which is why I find these issues rather ironic.

As I said, best solution is to get rid of them, it takes any legitimacy in an argument away from a liberal (they have no right to dictate to private organizations) and it forces people to be responsible for the kids they have by not expecting other people to pick up the bill.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:34 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times
Quote:
Really? They should have just laughed at the Satanists and continued to keep the Ten Commandments up.

That's right, I would be, since the community doesn't want that. Only liberals force communities to do what they don't want to do.
How do you know what the community wants?
Liberals arent part of the community? I am a Christian I don't want anything thought in schools about the religions without the proper context that no one religion is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies