Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 05:25 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Day after I hear Merry Christmas more and more. So happy t hear that we can say again what is just normal to say and not the ridiculous political correctness.

Who wants to say something else is free to so but at least stay courteous.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:21 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I find that bizarre, especially with her family being religious. I could imagine someone growing up in a secular (ethnic) Jewish family saying that, but not a religious family.
Agree. However, I've heard the answer "a Jewish friend told me.." a few times. Once a woman was surprised to learn Jews believe in God or Heaven. She said she was told they didn't believe in the afterlife which is why there are so many successful Jews, like doctors, lawyers and accountants because they need to make as much money as possible in this life or some such nonsense. She said, "a Jewish friend told me, so it must be true." I'm guessing the Jewish lady wasn't a friend, but a neighbor or coworker and used sarcasm to tease her. When I was young, someone told me she thought Jews had horns and tails and I said "I had mine surgically removed."

Old 12-23-2016, 11:23 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
I have been hearing Merry Christmas a lot at the stores! It's a definite change.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:29 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I have been hearing Merry Christmas a lot at the stores! It's a definite change.
Maybe the change is because the economy is so much better and unemployment is down. Also, it's December!

I doubt if people who haven't said it for the last 8 years suddenly decided "We're going to have a new POTUS, so it's okay to start telling people Merry Christmas again! Yay! Praise the Lord!" If they did, they're idiots.

I've read a lot of absurd threads on this forum, but this one is probably in the top 10.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:14 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Agree. However, I've heard the answer "a Jewish friend told me.." a few times. Once a woman was surprised to learn Jews believe in God or Heaven. She said she was told they didn't believe in the afterlife which is why there are so many successful Jews, like doctors, lawyers and accountants because they need to make as much money as possible in this life or some such nonsense. She said, "a Jewish friend told me, so it must be true." I'm guessing the Jewish lady wasn't a friend, but a neighbor or coworker and used sarcasm to tease her. When I was young, someone told me she thought Jews had horns and tails and I said "I had mine surgically removed."
Yes. Just like all racists have a black friend.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:23 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Isn't it great to see more people wishing openly each other Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah.

Even at store registers I hear it now again and people smiling while saying it.

I never understood the reason why not to say it as I never felt offended when someone wished me merry Christmas.
I love Chrismakah too as years ago the OC showed it during an episode.

In CA it may not be mentioned by the overwhelmingly liberal state and that is their choice and right but I'm so glad that PC is leaving the WH and I guess Michelle with her lost hope will be getting to see how hope for the rest of America will look like,as Michelle's hope never reached Chicago and other places that she didn't care about.

Merry Christmas/ Happy Chanukah to everyone on this forum.
Here's the Obama's Christmas video from 2015, seeing as how you must have forgot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E2afKzJekU

Old 12-23-2016, 02:50 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Here's the Obama's Christmas video from 2015, seeing as how you must have forgot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E2afKzJekU
Love this.

I've been hearing Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas about the same as I've always heard.

Don't know what the big fuss is all about.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:55 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah have always been here. No one I know has ever stopped using them. So not sure what you're talking about. Some of you just got bent out of shape because others chose to use other terms. Everyone is not the same. Get over it.

Happy naiveté to you.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:03 PM

638 posts, read 310,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Isn't it great to see more people wishing openly each other Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah.

Even at store registers I hear it now again and people smiling while saying it.

I never understood the reason why not to say it as I never felt offended when someone wished me merry Christmas.
I love Chrismakah too as years ago the OC showed it during an episode.

In CA it may not be mentioned by the overwhelmingly liberal state and that is their choice and right but I'm so glad that PC is leaving the WH and I guess Michelle with her lost hope will be getting to see how hope for the rest of America will look like,as Michelle's hope never reached Chicago and other places that she didn't care about.

Merry Christmas/ Happy Chanukah to everyone on this forum.
Merry Christmas to you too! May the coming year bring many sides your way!

Old 12-23-2016, 03:05 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Of course they have. There are weirdos who get bent out of shape when they hear Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings, think those are modern ways of "taking Christ out of Christmas." Good grief. My family received cards from family and friends with both of those greetings before any of them were born. What boors.

More obsessions like those about "snowflakes" and "SJWs" . Screaming about a bunch of nonsense that right wing media cretins think is somehow destroying the country when they are at the most minor annoyances. You get a bunch of working class white people from the midwest who've been bent over by banks and they'll spend their time screaming about how they can't say Christmas. Bunch of fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies