Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 08:31 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times

Advertisements

resident Obama said Fox News and conservative media “vilified” him throughout his presidency.

In several interviews with The Atlantic, Obama said he felt more confident about his presidential run in 2008 because he hadn’t been targeted yet by Fox News and conservative commentators like Rush Limbaugh.

“I think I should point out in terms of both my confidence that I could win in ’08 but also the fact that I was lucky and maybe a little bit naive: In 2008 I was never subjected to the kind of concentrated vilification of Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, the whole conservative-media ecosystem, and so as a consequence, even for my first two years as a senator I was polling at 70 percent,” Obama told The Atlantic’s Ta-Nehisi Coates in an interview published Tuesday.

But, he said, stereotypes about African-American politicians and liberals — "some image of me as trying to take away their stuff and give it to black people, and coddle criminals" — quickly began to take hold.

Obama said people often criticize him based on what they see and hear about him from conservative media outlets.

“When people criticize or respond negatively to me, usually they’re responding to this character that they’re seeing on TV called Barack Obama," he said in the interview.

"You understand that if people are angry that somehow the government is failing, then they are going to look to the guy who represents government," Obama continued. "And that applies, by the way, even to some of the folks who are now Trump supporters. They’re responding to a fictional character named Barack Obama who they see on Fox News or who they hear about through Rush Limbaugh."

Obama: Conservative media 'vilified' me | TheHill

hmmm, Fox News may "vilify:" him but other networks like CNN and MSNBC gush all over him. Isn't that enough to counter Fox News?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 08:33 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
resident Obama said Fox News and conservative media “vilified” him throughout his presidency.

In several interviews with The Atlantic, Obama said he felt more confident about his presidential run in 2008 because he hadn’t been targeted yet by Fox News and conservative commentators like Rush Limbaugh.

“I think I should point out in terms of both my confidence that I could win in ’08 but also the fact that I was lucky and maybe a little bit naive: In 2008 I was never subjected to the kind of concentrated vilification of Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, the whole conservative-media ecosystem, and so as a consequence, even for my first two years as a senator I was polling at 70 percent,” Obama told The Atlantic’s Ta-Nehisi Coates in an interview published Tuesday.

But, he said, stereotypes about African-American politicians and liberals — "some image of me as trying to take away their stuff and give it to black people, and coddle criminals" — quickly began to take hold.

Obama said people often criticize him based on what they see and hear about him from conservative media outlets.

“When people criticize or respond negatively to me, usually they’re responding to this character that they’re seeing on TV called Barack Obama," he said in the interview.

"You understand that if people are angry that somehow the government is failing, then they are going to look to the guy who represents government," Obama continued. "And that applies, by the way, even to some of the folks who are now Trump supporters. They’re responding to a fictional character named Barack Obama who they see on Fox News or who they hear about through Rush Limbaugh."

Obama: Conservative media 'vilified' me | TheHill

hmmm, Fox News may "vilify:" him but other networks like CNN and MSNBC gush all over him. Isn't that enough to counter Fox News?
Nothing liberals love more than a black communist. Thank God Trump is saving us.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:34 PM

638 posts, read 310,491 times
It's all Fox's fault. I'll never forgive Sean Hannity for creating that horrid deal with Iran.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:02 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
It's all Fox's fault. I'll never forgive Sean Hannity for creating that horrid deal with Iran.
Well...and the 7 other countries involved who worked together to actually stop Iran from building tons of them. But hey, Trump will tear that up, win-win right? You get rid of the "horrible deal", and Iran gets nukes!

BTW-if we go after Iran, I dont know if you have noticed, but they are heavily involved with Russia in Syria...guess who they will ask for help from?

Old 12-21-2016, 09:04 PM

638 posts, read 310,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well...and the 7 other countries involved who worked together to actually stop Iran from building tons of them. But hey, Trump will tear that up, win-win right? You get rid of the "horrible deal", and Iran gets nukes!

BTW-if we go after Iran, I dont know if you have noticed, but they are heavily involved with Russia in Syria...guess who they will ask for help from?
Yesssss, that's it. Trump will even send them some of ours so they get a head start on the collection. Nukes are all the rage these days with the religiously insane collector. Like Beenie Babies.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:19 PM

626 posts, read 381,171 times
January 20 can't come soon enough

Obama sucks

Old 12-21-2016, 09:25 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
Losers like Obama always blame others. Complete failure. Keep your doctor!! haha

Old 12-21-2016, 09:32 PM

649 posts, read 316,626 times
He's been bouncing back & forth between bloviating & whining for the last 8 years . What else is new ?

Old 12-21-2016, 09:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
yeah, fox news derided obama for eight years, not unlike cnn, msnbc, abc, cbs, nbc, the huffpo, new york times, and just about every other news organization derided bush and trump, and every other republican. so gee, obama got a little heat and he cant stand it. tough. go home obama.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:05 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Maybe we should have found a way to work with Russia in Syria?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies