Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 08:58 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,804,938 times

Advertisements

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks…will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered…. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.” – Thomas Jefferson in the debate over the Re-charter of the Bank Bill (1809)

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.” –Thomas Jefferson

“… The modern theory of the perpetuation of debt has drenched the earth with blood, and crushed its inhabitants under burdens ever accumulating.” -Thomas Jefferson

Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves - Andrew Jackson

I am one of those who do not believe that a national debt is a national blessing, but rather a curse to a republic; inasmuch as it is calculated to raise around the administration a moneyed aristocracy dangerous to the liberties of the country. - Andrew Jackson

If Congress has the right under the Constitution to issue paper money, it was given to be used by themselves, not to be delegated to individuals or corporations. - Andrew Jackson

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 09:23 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,250,033 times
Its funny, I was talking to a guy earlier about economics, and the banking system. And I was just watching this video, when I clicked over to this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2GEevOU8Gg

In any case, let us understand that the modern world would be impossible without a fiat banking system. And honestly, money is power, and the Federal Reserve system is the most powerful money-counterfeiting operation that has ever existed on this Earth.

What exactly do you think you're going to accomplish? The people here don't care, and the people in power, don't want anything to change either.

The end justifies the means. It always has, it always will.

Who do you think is in control of this country? You? Me? Anyone on this forum?

You don't matter. Stop squirming.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:31 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,250,033 times
The only thing which can defeat power, is greater power.

The only thing power wants, is greater power.

If this is true, then how do you defeat power?

You can't.

Quote:
"The truth was, that life was meaningless. Every day of life, every step in it, brought me, as it were, nearer the precipice, and I saw clearly that before me there was nothing but ruin. And to stop was impossible; to go back was impossible; and it was impossible to shut my eyes so as not to see that there was nothing before me but suffering and actual death, absolute annihilation.

I could not attribute a reasonable motive to any single act in my whole life. I was only astonished that I could not have realized this at the very beginning. All this had so long been known to me! Illness and death would come, if not to-day, then to-morrow, to those whom I loved, to myself, and nothing remains but stench and worms. All my acts, whatever I did, would sooner or later be forgotten, and I myself be nowhere. Why, then, busy one's self with anything? How could men fail to see this, and live?

It is possible to live only as long as life intoxicates us; as soon as we are sober again we see that it is all a delusion, and a stupid delusion! In this, indeed, there is nothing either ludicrous or amusing; it is only cruel and stupid!" - Leo Tolstoy

Old 12-24-2016, 09:33 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,721,702 times
Currency manipulation robs the working class and the poor.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:41 AM

18,946 posts, read 8,574,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Currency manipulation robs the working class and the poor.
Excess money creation can lead to inflation especially if we have full employment and limited resources. We do not and don't.

Deficit spending is new money into our economy. Rich and poor benefit. On balance some our middle class has lagged, and IMO could use some bail. But they don't want that. They want jobs. Which deficit spending could provide. But they don't want that.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:11 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,090,264 times
It is a shame, really, that one of our greatest presidents, Jackson, gets bumped from the currency. Surely there is a better solution. Such is the symbolism of a symbolic presidency, though.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
It is a shame, really, that one of our greatest presidents, Jackson, gets bumped from the currency. Surely there is a better solution. Such is the symbolism of a symbolic presidency, though.
1837 is exactly why he specifically should be bumped.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:24 AM

45,359 posts, read 26,621,258 times
A secret organization in control of the currency and beholden to politicians and their friends, what could go wrong?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
A secret organization in control of the currency and beholden to politicians and their friends, what could go wrong?
We could have the world's strongest economy and have great power and influence in the world?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:53 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,804,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post

Actually putting Jackson on the 20, was meant as a slap to his face, at the time it was done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies