Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 05:48 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I'll answer each question based on my decades of being and working in the Middle East. Before going forward, a little foundation on myself for those who don't know me: Mizrahi Jew, Fluent in numerous languages (Hebrew, Yiddish, Arabic, plus more) Former Chassid, Former US Marine, Multiple degrees (and specializations) with a foundation in Electrical Engineering, Not a Israeli citizen, Vacation twice a year in Israel, Have my own company based in UAE, in and out of multiple Arab countries multiple times per year for around a decade (all current contract are in ME).
well, if I remember this correctly, the Jews won the Israel War of Independence with the Arabs having support from all neighboring countries and that Jews had little or none of the military support they get from the US today. So, if you're thinking of current day Israel as helpless without the US would seem to be folly.

In term of the Nuclear war, well, It's impossible to do damage to the whole area without harming them. A nuke on Palestine would no doubt harm Israelis as well.

In addition to this, the nuke would make the Palestinian land uninhabitable for quite some time. This would be a problem to Israel because wiping out the Palestinians is not their ultimate goal. What they want is to take and settle the land for themselves.

So no nukes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 05:48 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Are you a Christian?
Are you?

Old 12-26-2016, 05:55 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
The Israeli right is also taught from a young age to hate Arabs. So much so that they even discriminate against their own Jews of Arab descent.

For the Palestinian it's not only their upbringing at home and in school but also their interactions with Israelis in their daily lives. They meet Israelis at checkpoints, shake downs, intrusions in to homes, in sniper towers surrounding their homes, etc... I would hate them too if I lived their life.
Off topic for this thread: The Israeli right is taught no such thing by any part of the Israeli government. Jews that are known to have been discriminated against (not common) are Jews of color or Jews with Arab features.

In line with this thread there would be no interactions with Israelis except within the city of Jerusalem. Guard (Sniper) towers already exist inside of the Gaza Strip. The rest of your comments are on inline with this thread.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
I think you're missing his point. Rogue radical Islamists would be and should be extremely fearful if they ever used a nuclear weapon in the area, and if Al-Quds/Jerusalem is hit, the entire Muslim world would have their heads.
Literally.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
If that is his point, I would like to hear him say it. In other posts in this very thread, he seems to make a sharp distinction between every day Palestinians, and the radical ones. I think it is a fair question to ask if he thinks that the Palestinians have the capacity to keep the nuclear weapons out of the hands of the radical islamists in their midst. If they are radical, by definition, they are unpredictable.
Every Arab nation has radicals and deal with them accordingly.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
It would be a **** show. Just a different **** show than it already is. At least however with freedom of movement, freedom to make their own diplomatic efforts, etc... the process of coming to normalcy could start.

I think it would be interesting to see how the money would flow from the gulf and other regional players and how that would affect the local politics.
Based on the 2005 disengagement, money was waiting to enter to create economic growth. Once the first of volley of rockets flew out of the Gaza Strip all funding was pulled. Based on the 2014 Cairo Summit, the following link shows who actually sent money and where it was mis-spent.

Reconstructing Gaza - Donor Pledges

Old 12-26-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, if I remember this correctly, the Jews won the Israel War of Independence with the Arabs having support from all neighboring countries and that Jews had little or none of the military support they get from the US today. So, if you're thinking of current day Israel as helpless without the US would seem to be folly.

In term of the Nuclear war, well, It's impossible to do damage to the whole area without harming them. A nuke on Palestine would no doubt harm Israelis as well.

In addition to this, the nuke would make the Palestinian land uninhabitable for quite some time. This would be a problem to Israel because wiping out the Palestinians is not their ultimate goal. What they want is to take and settle the land for themselves.

So no nukes.
The current Israel is not helpless without the US. When they say "Never Again" they mean it literally. Since Israel is such a narrow country and weather patterns going from west to east, any nuclear missile attacks would affect it and the Arab countries to the east. Iran is a threat as they are north of the flow of weather patterns. Jordan and Saudi Arabia would be affected. Thus no nukes.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:52 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Every Arab nation has radicals and deal with them accordingly.
Every Arab nation also does not have nuclear weapons. But more to the point, many have a history of controlling their populations with dictatorial force. They are not in alignment with the interests if the radicals and they need to be stronger and tougher than the radicals in order to keep them in line. They rule to protect their business interests above ideology. Is that what you are saying is going on with the Palestinians? Because, from the outside, it seems like there is little order there.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Every Arab nation also does not have nuclear weapons. But more to the point, many have a history of controlling their populations with dictatorial force. They are not in alignment with the interests if the radicals and they need to be stronger and tougher than the radicals in order to keep them in line. They rule to protect their business interests above ideology. Is that what you are saying is going on with the Palestinians? Because, from the outside, it seems like there is little order there.
What Hamas shows in the Gaza Strip is pure propaganda for the international media to see. What they show and what they do is not the same. They do have control most of the time, but there are small groups who are making small chips in their system. They have a strict gun control practice in place so the citizens have none (look closely at the online videos, the people seen carrying them have wood/plastic replicas).

Old 12-26-2016, 08:10 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
What Hamas shows in the Gaza Strip is pure propaganda for the international media to see. What they show and what they do is not the same. They do have control most of the time, but there are small groups who are making small chips in their system. They have a strict gun control practice in place so the citizens have none (look closely at the online videos, the people seen carrying them have wood/plastic replicas).
Well, that is good to hear. Hopefully, the chips don't get larger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies