Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 11:05 AM

325 posts, read 154,002 times

Advertisements

BREAKING: Cartel Gunmen Fire at Border Patrol Agent in Arizona

I sure hope Trump takes the gloves off these men and women so they can fight back and/or place the military on the border with orders to shoot to kill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 11:13 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,116,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
BREAKING: Cartel Gunmen Fire at Border Patrol Agent in Arizona

I sure hope Trump takes the gloves off these men and women so they can fight back and/or place the military on the border with orders to shoot to kill.
What!? Are our border patrol agents not permitted to defend themselves if fired upon?

Old 01-01-2017, 11:14 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,906,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
What!? Are our border patrol agents not permitted to defend themselves if fired upon?
I was wondering the same. What exactly are they restricted from doing?

Old 01-01-2017, 11:16 AM

325 posts, read 154,002 times
Quote:
https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...cyHandbook.pdf

Seems VAGUE to me. Course what a handbook says and what the ORDER is from above are 2 different things..wouldn't surprise me if they are hamstrung from defending themselves.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:24 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,736,917 times
I think this calls for a squadron of A 10 Warthogs to patrol the border, with orders to "make an example of".......

Just for a day or two should send the proper message.

CN

Old 01-01-2017, 11:27 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,709,663 times
Quote:
No, they cannot. I don't think many of them even carry pistols anymore.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:28 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,709,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
I was wondering the same. What exactly are they restricted from doing?
They are only allowed to detain, not shoot. Thank the attorney general and Obama.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:34 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,116,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...cyHandbook.pdf

Seems VAGUE to me. Course what a handbook says and what the ORDER is from above are 2 different things..wouldn't surprise me if they are hamstrung from defending themselves.
D4(page 3) notes the ability to use deadly force to stop a threat. I trust that this is true and that our agents are properly armed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
No, they cannot. I don't think many of them even carry pistols anymore.
I hope that in addition to pistols that they equipped with long guns, as well.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:35 AM

23,582 posts, read 17,258,837 times
Orders from above....BP agents are treated like criminals, illegals and the drug dealers and smugglers not so much.

"The appointment of new DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson in December and Kerlikowske in March helped crack the opposition within DHS, CBP and Border Patrol leadership to releasing the PERF report and changing practices. Grijalva, D-Ariz."

"Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard, D-Calif., called the release of the report long overdue. "Now CBP's leadership must ensure that these reforms are fully implemented and that individuals who violate the agency's rules are held accountable," she said, noting that in 28 deaths since the beginning of 2010 no agent or officer is known to have faced any consequences."

Old 01-01-2017, 11:50 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Several weeks ago, Obama gave the order for the border agents to "stand down". He wants to let in as many illegals as possible before he leaves office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies