Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 07:40 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How is a First Amendment right "against the law?" Even SCOTUS ruled that the ACA law couldn't require Hobby Lobby to provide abortifacients to its employees and whomever was covered by their employees' insurance policies because doing so violated the owners' right to exercise their religion.

Who does Hobby Lobby employ? The public.
This would be the Hobby Lobby where the owner is being investigated for possessing stolen artifacts, correct?

The same Hobby Lobby that is fighting a class action suit for misleading customers?

Old 12-29-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I don't understand why the inauguration is being treated like a Las Vegas show anyway. It seems undignified. The Rockettes are an outdated throwback act anyway, so who cares?
Well, when you want to take the nation back to how it used to be, an outdated throwback act seems like just the ticket.

Perhaps we'll be treated to an Amos and Andy performance.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:53 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
They are probably afraid for their lives or afraid of being "black balled" in the entertainment industry if they perform. Don't think liberals in the entertainment industry won't take note who performs.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:05 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This would be the Hobby Lobby where the owner is being investigated for possessing stolen artifacts, correct?

The same Hobby Lobby that is fighting a class action suit for misleading customers?
The same Hobby Lobby owners that SCOTUS ruled have First Amendment rights, and therefore can ignore the ACA requirement and don't have to provide insurance coverage for abortifacients to their employees, otherwise known as members of the public.

Whether they've been accused of jaywalking, etc., or not is irrelevant. It doesn't invalidate their Constitutional rights.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:09 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
During my long career, I was assigned tasks I didn't want to do. I did these tasks because they were part of my job.

Since when is not wanting to do your job a legitimate excuse for not doing your job?

Old 12-29-2016, 08:11 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
During my long career I was assigned tasks I didn't want to do. I did these tasks because they were part of my job.

Since when is not wanting to do your job a legitimate excuse for not doing your job?
It isn't. This is just more crybaby behavior from the left.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
During my long career, I was assigned tasks I didn't want to do. I did these tasks because they were part of my job.

When your employer says you have a choice.

Their employer said they have a choice. Some are saying no.

What is so difficult to understand about this?

Old 12-29-2016, 08:16 AM

42 posts, read 75,665 times
They should be forced to, if only to show support of their country. There is entirely too much of this stuff going around. And it's NOT ok.

Too much kneeling during National Anthems, or flag burning going on.

I'd burn a Rainbow Flag, to make a point. See what would happen to me vs burning an American Flag...

Old 12-29-2016, 08:32 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
When your employer says you have a choice.

Their employer said they have a choice. Some are saying no.

What is so difficult to understand about this?
Originally, the Rockettes' were required to perform. Update: Rockettes Union Calls Boycotting Inauguration 'Invalid'

The email reads: "We have received an email from a Rockette expressing concern about getting "involved in a dangerous political climate"climate" but I must remind you that you are all employees, and as a company, Mr. Dolan obviously wants the Rockettes to be represented at our country's Presidential inauguration, as they were in 2001 & 2005. Any talk of boycotting this event is invalid, I'm afraid."

"We have been made aware of what is going on Facebook and other social media, however, this does not change anything unless Radio City has a change of heart. The ranting of the public is just that, ranting. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but this does not change your employment status for those who are full time."

"This has nothing to do with anyone's political leanings (including AGVA's), it has to do with your best performance for your employer, period. I will reiterate that if Hillary Clinton was the President-elect, nothing would be different, and there would probably be those who would not want to be involved because of her. It is a job, and all of you should consider it an honor, no matter who is being sworn in. The election is over and this country will not survive if it remains divided."

Hours after thousands took to social media on Friday to condemn the decision to force dancers of the Rockettes to perform at Trump's inauguration, both the Rockettes’ union and management issued new statements saying all dancers would be able to choose to perform or not.

If I was Rockette management, I would consider carefully renewing contracts for dancers who wanted to dictate which jobs they would perform. Employees who don't do their job wouldn't be my first choice for employees.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally, the Rockettes' were required to perform. Update: Rockettes Union Calls Boycotting Inauguration 'Invalid'

The email reads: "We have received an email from a Rockette expressing concern about getting "involved in a dangerous political climate"climate" but I must remind you that you are all employees, and as a company, Mr. Dolan obviously wants the Rockettes to be represented at our country's Presidential inauguration, as they were in 2001 & 2005. Any talk of boycotting this event is invalid, I'm afraid."

"We have been made aware of what is going on Facebook and other social media, however, this does not change anything unless Radio City has a change of heart. The ranting of the public is just that, ranting. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but this does not change your employment status for those who are full time."

"This has nothing to do with anyone's political leanings (including AGVA's), it has to do with your best performance for your employer, period. I will reiterate that if Hillary Clinton was the President-elect, nothing would be different, and there would probably be those who would not want to be involved because of her. It is a job, and all of you should consider it an honor, no matter who is being sworn in. The election is over and this country will not survive if it remains divided."

Hours after thousands took to social media on Friday to condemn the decision to force dancers of the Rockettes to perform at Trump's inauguration, both the Rockettes’ union and management issued new statements saying all dancers would be able to choose to perform or not.
From what I've read, a union rep sent an email saying they had to perform.

Some hours later, their employer sent out a notice saying that they had a choice.

Not sure why this is so confusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies