Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 11:35 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
The question presupposes that the UN is somehow overly focused on this issue. You know and I know that this issue is one of the most important ones for regional stability and peace. They rightfully focus on it.

Unlike your other thread which would result in a major power vacuum in all likelihood, a properly implemented two state solution where both sides are willing cease all hostilities and move on would be great.
Why is it one of the most important? In the whole 120 years of conflict died less people than in one year in Syria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 11:36 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
I should have been more specific. The entire recognized world of States and countries as represented by the UN Security Council. I suppose we left out rogue states and entities such as ISIS, the Taliban, and others.
Only political appointees voted.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:38 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
They refuse recognize Israel as a Jewish state. I have no problem recognizing Palestine as a Muslim state.
Really? You're accepting that Judea and Samaria is absolutely Muslim land? Isn't that antithetical to the concept of Eretz Israel? Wouldn't that suppose that the settlements have been and are currently built on land belonging to Dar Al-Islam?

Old 12-30-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Why is it one of the most important? In the whole 120 years of conflict died less people than in one year in Syria.
It gives fuel to the immense fire of deviant exclusively violent ideologies throughout the Middle East. This in effect spreads terrorism and anti semitism.

Remember a short while ago there was no better place in the world for a Jew than in the Muslim world. We should be working together to spread monotheism and humbleness before God instead of scrapping it out over parcels of land.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Really? You're accepting that Judea and Samaria is absolutely Muslim land? Isn't that antithetical to the concept of Eretz Israel? Wouldn't that suppose that the settlements have been and are currently built on land belonging to Dar Al-Islam?
I'm a pragmatic right wing Zionist. I can accept a final peace agreement between Israel and Palestine on the base of dividing Eretz Israel 78/22, as it was on June 4-th 1967.
1. Jerusalem as a capital of both nations. I have no problem with Palestinian capital in Isawiah and some rights on Har Habait (haram a sharif).
2. Division based on ethnicity: Most of the Jewish settlements areas will be in Israeli jurisdiction, while Palestine will get some Arab areas in Israel, like Um el Phahem and the other "triangle" (meshulash) areas, or parts of Judea desert, 1 for 1.
3. "Refugees" will be accepted ONLY in Palestine itself. No right of return to Israel itself.
4. Israel will recognize Palestine as a Muslim state, Palestine will recognize Israel as Jewish state.
5. End of all demands on both sides.
6. This agreement must pass an internationally supervised referendum in Israel/Palestine.
I can guarantee that it will pass in Israel.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:07 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
I'm a pragmatic right wing Zionist. I can accept a final peace agreement between Israel and Palestine on the base of dividing Eretz Israel 78/22, as it was on June 4-th 1967.
1. Jerusalem as a capital of both nations. I have no problem with Palestinian capital in Isawiah and some rights on Har Habait (haram a sharif).
2. Division based on ethnicity: Most of the Jewish settlements areas will be in Israeli jurisdiction, while Palestine will get some Arab areas in Israel, like Um el Phahem and the other "triangle" (meshulash) areas, or parts of Judea desert, 1 for 1.
3. "Refugees" will be accepted ONLY in Palestine itself. No right of return to Israel itself.
4. Israel will recognize Palestine as a Muslim state, Palestine will recognize Israel as Jewish state.
6. This agreement must pass an internationally supervised referendum in Israel/Palestine.
Israel might accept it, but ill bet a shiny buffalo nickel that the Palestinians won't.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
It gives fuel to the immense fire of deviant exclusively violent ideologies throughout the Middle East. This in effect spreads terrorism and anti semitism.

Remember a short while ago there was no better place in the world for a Jew than in the Muslim world. We should be working together to spread monotheism and humbleness before God instead of scrapping it out over parcels of land.
I think that the shia-sunny conflict is enough to burn everything.

America continent was better.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Co-signed as long as the actual Masjid Al-Aqsa is guaranteed in to the future for Muslims. Note, I support Jews being able to pray in the Haram Ash Sharif and near the holiest of holies as our caliphs allowed this and intentionally didn't build Masjid Al-Aqsa on the holiest of holies.

I like you am pragmatic and just like you, while you believe it is all Eretz Israel I believe it is all Dar Al Islam. No need to take that away from either religion as long as we can agree to the terms above.

Now we just need to become the leaders of the Jews and Muslims so we can get our people past this and start having Shabbat and Ramadan dinners together.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Co-signed as long as the actual Masjid Al-Aqsa is guaranteed in to the future for Muslims. Note, I support Jews being able to pray in the Haram Ash Sharif and near the holiest of holies as our caliphs allowed this and intentionally didn't build Masjid Al-Aqsa on the holiest of holies.

I like you am pragmatic and just like you, while you believe it is all Eretz Israel I believe it is all Dar Al Islam. No need to take that away from either religion as long as we can agree to the terms above.

Now we just need to become the leaders of the Jews and Muslims so we can get our people past this and start having Shabbat and Ramadan dinners together.
The issue is that this agreement was presented to Arafat and Abu Mazen, and they refused.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
The issue is that this agreement was presented to Arafat and Abu Mazen, and they refused.
Details regarding the settlements you had as being part of the deal above blocked the deal. I believe those need to be negotiated but agree with the concept that some settlements may be impractical to extinguish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies