Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 07:43 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Our old, imaginary friend, Tyler Durden, pops up again.
That article was written by Daniel Greenfield. Nothing imaginary about that at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 08:46 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Much truth told in this article.

As for myself, I was a Democrat for many years. This past year I dropped my registration and went Independent. If I don't like a GOP candidate, I will vote for the Libertarian before I will vote for a Democrat.

I'm not alone and many of us were not surprised at all when Hillary lost the election.
Obama’s wins concealed the scale and scope of the disaster. Then the party woke up after Obama to realize that it had lost its old bases in the South and the Rust Belt. The left had hollowed it out and transformed it into a party of coastal urban elites, angry college crybullies and minority coalitions.
As Soros plowed more money into the left, its escalating radicalism alienated more of the country. Each “avalanche” was a reaction to the abuses of his radicals. It wasn't Trump or Cruz who suffered the consequences. It wasn't even his own leftists. Rather it was the conservative and eventually the moderate wings of the Democrat party who were swept away by his left-wing avalanches.
How George Soros Destroyed The Democratic Party
I sat out the primary and would have probably sat out the general election were it not for what I saw at the San Jose rally. Watching the police sit back while hordes of people spit on Trump supporters, egg that woman in the face, and chase down and beat people for supporting a political candidate was too much. And then they acted like they were just fighting fascism, and the victims deserved it. Who are the fascists? Trump will be scrutinized by the media at least.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They want one that doesn't include the phrase "Do you want fries with that"?
Yes, we know. Rural America wants good jobs to come to THEM without having to re-train or relocate, etc.

I hope Trump voters see what they have ~ an globalist, establishment cabinet led by a guy that likes to tweet silly things.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes, we know. Rural America wants good jobs to come to THEM without having to re-train or relocate, etc.
I've done this many, many times. There are no jobs to retrain or move to. Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin is not rural America.

Quote:
I hope Trump voters see what they have ~ an globalist, establishment cabinet led by a guy that likes to tweet silly things.
It's possible that Trump will simply be more of the same of what we had and were offered by the other party.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:47 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
Nice article Waldo.
My concern is that we now have a young generation that has been so indoctrinated through the Soros-influenced college system that if we don't demand a reform to "diversify" our colleges with more conservative and independent professors and administrators, we are doomed. You can already see the consequences happening with this generation of college graduates -- their sense of political, cultural, historical, and economic realities is totally biased left and misinformed on so many levels.

With only one ideology positively supported, they are lacking the checks and balances that make for good critical thinking skills.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Nice article Waldo.
My concern is that we now have a young generation that has been so indoctrinated through the Soros-influenced college system that if we don't demand a reform to "diversify" our colleges with more conservative and independent professors and administrators, we are doomed. You can already see the consequences happening with this generation of college graduates -- their sense of political, cultural, and economic realities and history is totally biased and misinformed on so many levels.
People have complained about liberal colleges for decades.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:07 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
Quote:

Re-train to what and relocate to where?

Old 01-02-2017, 10:18 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
You really are among the last of the Mohicans, a union guy who still is our blue. Might want to consider that as an out of date, not too realistic position. Or be labeled Mr Magoo.

Friendly invite; try some conservative positions for your grandchildren's future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
95% of those who want a job have one.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:20 AM

Assuming you even grasped that the Trump election was not a purely rural phenomenon; that much of the urban rust belt tilted the scales - just what is wrong with jobs going back to rural America? Skip your usual snark, deal with the question, if you can.
Quote:

Old 01-02-2017, 10:23 AM

Can you disprove anything in the article.opinion piece? If not, save your attack the messenger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Our old, imaginary friend, Tyler Durden, pops up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies