Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 09:27 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times

Advertisements

My reaction?

Thank you, Meryl.

Well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 09:27 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I agree!!! She lied about Trump making fun of a disabled man....that is completely false. The video of him making those gestures was doctored by the liberal MSM. That was just one more attempt to get their conniving Hillary in the White House. . . and thank God they lost!!!!

The only thing Streep accomplished this evening with her rant and dislike of Trump was to validate her lack of patriotism for our country; her lack of emotional maturity, and she ended up a complete fool

She blew it.

^ Completely describes donnie. Guess we are living in a topsy-turvy world.

Last edited by tangelag; 01-08-2017 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 01-08-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I wouldn't, I also wouldn't allow my child to lie about someone else doing it either.
So, was donnie having some kind of seizure when he did 'that'? If so, one more reason to have him thoroughly examined from HEAD to toe.

Last edited by tangelag; 01-08-2017 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: TYPO

Old 01-08-2017, 09:32 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Accepting a Lifetime Achievement Award, Meryl Streep absolutely gave it to Donald Trump and his “instinct to humiliate.”

See the irony.

She's humiliating Trump..

It's like the Anti Trump crowd that says they are Pro Love and Anti Hate yet they have signs saying very hateful things about Trump and others.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This is what I remember and Meryl Streep is right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX9reO3QnUA
Clearly he was mocking the disabled reporter. He even said, before his mocking behavior, "You gotta see this guy..." then immediately begins using those mocking gestures and speech. What a dbag. LOL. New meaning dbag = donniebag. Perfect!

Last edited by tangelag; 01-08-2017 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 01-08-2017, 09:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh for gawd's sake, when Trump was a reality star he didn't have an opinion he didn't want to share with anyone who'd listen.

You know, when he was in HOLLYWOOD.
Actually, he hasn't changed much, has he? He's going to be the 45th POTUS and he just tweeted about the ratings for a reality show. I wonder if we should begin rating his tweets. The problem is, I'm not sure if Celebrity Apprentice or Nuclear Weapons is at the top of his list.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:38 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Accepting a Lifetime Achievement Award, Meryl Streep absolutely gave it to Donald Trump and his “instinct to humiliate.”

See the irony.

It's like the Anti Trump crowd that says they are Pro Love and Anti Hate yet they have signs saying very hateful things about Trump and others.
To hate a villain and a tyrant is a virtuous thing.

The "Orange Clown" is a disgusting piece of you-know-what and his wife is a trollop.

If more people ridiculed Mussolini, Hitler, Pol Pot, Saddam and a few others maybe they would not have caused the atrocities they are responsible for.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:39 PM

1,227 posts, read 634,264 times
I turned on the show when Meryl Streep was on stage, the audience looked overdressed for her political rally. The last place I'd look for political insight is an awards show.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:40 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

See the irony.

What the Hell do you think we are going to do, sit around with flowers in our hair and sing songs of love ? Of course we are questioning Trump and his qualifications and temperament to lead our country. With so many of us against him, he is going to have a very tough time selling more of his lies to the American people. We are going to be there every step of the way, making sure he is held accountable and does not cause too much damage for whatever his tenure might be.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:40 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
I asked a legit question too. lol I was walking in the gym when this thread blew up. I asked if sh was on 60 minutes...

So it was the golden globe. She's American. She can say what she likes. My only question is did she rip him with funnies or was it one of those serious, Gary Sinise type roasts?

Hopefully funny as those are always more... fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies