Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
I just thought of this...

Trump essentially OWNS the weed states.

At the turn of a hand he can have Sessions and the rest of the wonderful team he established shut down the weed shops, taking away a major revenue source for blue states (which they use to fund their handout programs to turn themselves blue in the first place.)

I wouldn't be surprised if weed-legal states become a thing of the past by the end of January.
I hope he chooses to focus his attention on the HEROIN states. That's our real drug problem at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 05:34 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If there's a big pothead backlash over a federally-based crackdown, that would have the ideal effect of not only sabotaging the Republicans, but making things tougher for the sellers and users.
The more interesting alliance that could come about is the "potheads" buddying up with the folks that acquitted Bundy and his pack. Strange bedfellows, different agendas but same adversary if it came down to it. That's something Trump really doesn't need. Maybe the smartest thing for him to do would be to 'grandfather' status.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:

At the turn of a hand he can have Sessions and the rest of the wonderful team he established shut down the weed shops, taking away a major revenue source for blue states (which they use to fund their handout programs to turn themselves blue in the first place.)

I wouldn't be surprised if weed-legal states become a thing of the past by the end of January.
I am not much into 'what if' let us see what President Trump proposes before getting everyone arguing over 'what if'........seems like a waste of time and energy.

Though many will entertain with their response on 'what if'....

Old 01-10-2017, 05:41 PM

243 posts, read 220,935 times
I don't think Trump really cares about any partisianship . He is on record saying he would tax and regulate weed . I do drink alcohol , I don't smoke weed . I did when I was younger but it's just not my thing .it's basically harmless . Less government!!

Old 01-10-2017, 05:43 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Quote:
You do realize they are breaking federal law right?

You ok man?
who cares? Laws are not black and white, concrete, set in stone. Silly laws are meant to be broken. I do not follow every law just because it's a law. I use common sense and my brain, something that big brother doesn't really want you to do I understand, that's why they don't teach critical thinking skills in school...

Old 01-10-2017, 05:49 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:

Lol. You think Republicans don't smoke weed? It's probably one of the few issues where there is a meeting of the minds.

If they start shutting down legal weed, they will have a revolution on their hands. And btw, there are some wealthy investors--(Republicans and Dems---no matter)--who have big money in growing crops and the weed industry, because they are aware of the profit potential. Bigly.

Last edited by Enigma777; 01-10-2017 at 05:57 PM..

Old 01-10-2017, 06:25 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:

Funny.

Colorado was blue before we voted for legalization.

And your idol has said that he believes it's a states right issue, so don't hold your breath hoping for some sort of payback that would backfire bigly in any event.

More realistically, Trumpie will see how much money the states are raking in and try to get in on the action.

The man has never missed an opportunity to brand anything, has he?

Colorado Topped $1 Billion in Legal Marijuana Sales in 2016 | Fortune.com

Old 01-10-2017, 06:27 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:

This is why I voted Libertarian. I am pro-legalization of weed. I don't smoke it. However, I don't want people being locked up for smoking marijuana. It is a stupid thing to do.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:36 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:

So... essentially you think it's a good thing for the federal government to come in and damage the economies of states who are not generally viewed as being republican? You think that's good?

If it's not clear, I think you're a terrible human being. Like, truly awful. Repugnantly disgusting. Probably think of yourself as a small government conservative and are incapable of seeing the irony of that.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:04 PM

626 posts, read 381,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
So... essentially you think it's a good thing for the federal government to come in and damage the economies of states who are not generally viewed as being republican? You think that's good?

If it's not clear, I think you're a terrible human being. Like, truly awful. Repugnantly disgusting. Probably think of yourself as a small government conservative and are incapable of seeing the irony of that.
I'm a terrible human being for stating a fact, that Trump has some leverage over weed states... got it.

And you wonder why your side lost...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies