Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 09:46 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,050 times

Advertisements

Israeli army kills Palestinian in West Bank Faraa camp | Palestine News | Al Jazeera

"Yasser Abu Kishk, a resident of the camp, also rejected the Israeli version of the story.

According to Kishk, the soldiers broke into Salhi's home to reach a neighbour's home.

"Salhi was awakened by surprise and he found himself face-to-face with the soldiers," he told the official Voice of Palestine radio station.

"Apparently Salhi did not know what was going on, so he confronted the soldiers to protect his ailing mother and family when he was shot."

Human rights groups have continually condemned Israeli raids in the occupied West Bank, and what they describe as a "shoot-to-kill" policy employed there."

This is the type of unreported everyday reality of living under a military occupation. This man wasn't even a target in the raid yet was murdered in cold blood, in his home, when he has no firearms...by foreign military occupiers whom are illegally controlling his refugee in the first place. There will be no investigation, no prosecution and no justice. When those conditions exist, people fight back.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:18 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
"Overnight, an assailant, armed with a knife, attempted to stab soldiers on operational activity to arrest suspects", the Israeli army said.

The IDF also said that other Palestinians in the camp threw explosives and shot at the soldiers, but no injuries from the incident have been reported.
Israeli soldiers shoot dead a man at refugee camp

Yep, another peaceful Palestinian citizen right there. Surprised he didn't hide behind some little kids after attacking the Israelis.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Israeli soldiers shoot dead a man at refugee camp

Yep, another peaceful Palestinian citizen right there. Surprised he didn't hide behind some little kids after attacking the Israelis.
You're not getting something... these are military occupiers. This is an occupied refugee camp as recognized by the entire world, including Israel. Not only are they occupied but their homes are being raided and they are murdered in the process. They raided *his* home while he was *sleeping*, what sort of mind can construe him as being anything but a victim???

Eye witnesses stated he didn't have a knife and human rights organizations, including Israeli ones, have stated that these sorts of raids have shoot to kill policies for any sort of resistance. Disgusting policy, especially when you are a military occupier.

I understand Idaho is full of right wing evangelical teachings about this conflict but realize you are being programmed, brainwashed and taken for simpletons by these people.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:38 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
You're not getting something... these are military occupiers. This is an occupied refugee camp as recognized by the entire world, including Israel. Not only are they occupied but their homes are being raided and they are murdered in the process. They raided *his* home while he was *sleeping*, what sort of mind can construe him as being anything but a victim???

Eye witnesses stated he didn't have a knife and human rights organizations, including Israeli ones, have stated that these sorts of raids have shoot to kill policies for any sort of resistance. Disgusting policy, especially when you are a military occupier.

I understand Idaho is full of right wing evangelical teachings about this conflict but realize you are being programmed, brainwashed and taken for simpletons by these people.
I live in deep blue Maryland. I support Israel and the IDF. Is there something in the water in Portland or Houston that causes rabid anti-semitism?

Old 01-10-2017, 10:56 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Mayby you should move there and support your Muslim breatheran

Old 01-10-2017, 10:58 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
If he was Muslim I see no problem.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I live in deep blue Maryland. I support Israel and the IDF. Is there something in the water in Portland or Houston that causes rabid anti-semitism?
Pointing out murder equates to anti semitism? Better let bt'selem know that despite there being Jewish and Israeli, they are now classified as anti semites because that are against murdering innocent civilians.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If he was Muslim I see no problem.
Virulent bigotry.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Mayby you should move there and support your Muslim breatheran
Unfortunately I don't have a great-great-grandmother who was a Jew living in India in the 1600's that could entitle me to move to occupied Palestinian territory in 2017 under Israeli law.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:22 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Unfortunately I don't have a great-great-grandmother who was a Jew living in India in the 1600's that could entitle me to move to occupied Palestinian territory in 2017 under Israeli law.
First point: What is Palestine and how it is capable of being "occupied?" Perhaps occupied Jordanian territory or occupied Syrian territory, but certainly not "occupied Palestinian territory." Syria and Jordan can work out a return of land if they are serious about peace (truth be told, while Syria "wants" the Golan Heights back, Jordan doesn't seriously desire its former territory back as it means more mouths to feed . . . hence, they are for "Palestinian statehood," not a "return of Jordanian land."

Second: you do realize that the law of return applies to new converts to Judaism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies