Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 10:22 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Simple biology isn't primitive.

I want to be an Ottoman today!

Who cares that the Ottoman Empire ceased to exist in the 1920s or that I wasn't born in Turkey?

Its what I WANT
Then go be it. No one is stopping you, I doubt anyone would care. As long as you pay your bills...

Old 01-11-2017, 10:22 AM

1,160 posts, read 714,282 times
people of science who work within the realm of biology or physiology identify a living unit by sex. If you are a man - who has 'become' a "woman" - you are still a male. If you've got severe abdominal pains, your physician is NOT going to check your make-believe uterus, ovaries, or cervix. In a thousand years, if an anthropologist were to find your bones s/he through the course of the investigation would determine that you are MALE.

You can believe you are anything you want to believe. but as others have said, do not let your beliefs infringe upon the rights of the many. No one should have to bend, bow, or change established rules to suit your psychological whims.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:42 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,689,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
I believe that if this is truly America people should have the right to choose what they want to be
Whether it is a man to a woman
a woman to a man
We all have rights..and who is to dare say they don't THIS is their own right,believe what you want..But they have rights to what they want to be.And before the insults come rushing in I am a Independent not a Democrat,I like both the republicans and Democrats,but I will not demean the purpose or reason why the transgender community is what it is..I have noticed in alot of my threads there are angry people who decide to take my posts in the wrong direction.Religion has nothing to do with the choices of the people.People can choose to marry whom they wish and when they wish it whether it be a man with a man or a woman with a woman If there can't be same sex marriages why even bother with marriages at all..
With that kind of logic, a white guy has the right to be a black woman, if he feels like one.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:18 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,318,271 times
Quote:
Then shouldn't love be considered a mental illness?I am not going to abuse your opinion but Some people are born with hormones that make them prefer to be a boy or a girl some people are born with both Sexual organs should they be considered 'mentally ill' as well?
Hermaphrodites, or "intersex people" as they seem to prefer being called, aren't mentally ill. They have a physiological condition.

AFAIK and based on everything I've read, people who are "transgender" but not "intersex" and who don't have a chromosomal abnormality are, in my opinion (and I'm far from alone here), mentally ill.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:21 PM

28,962 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
I believe that if this is truly America people should have the right to choose what they want to be
Whether it is a man to a woman
a woman to a man
We all have rights..and who is to dare say they don't THIS is their own right,believe what you want..But they have rights to what they want to be.And before the insults come rushing in I am a Independent not a Democrat,I like both the republicans and Democrats,but I will not demean the purpose or reason why the transgender community is what it is..I have noticed in alot of my threads there are angry people who decide to take my posts in the wrong direction.Religion has nothing to do with the choices of the people.People can choose to marry whom they wish and when they wish it whether it be a man with a man or a woman with a woman If there can't be same sex marriages why even bother with marriages at all..
that is right, however, a prisoner, doesn't and shouldn't have a right to get an operation on taxpayer money...if it's true....and I just cannot believe that it is true.

If a transgender gets a sex change, then I can see them using the opposite bathroom, however, I have rights to, and I don't want some man transgender or not, sitting in the stall next to me....that makes me ill.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:30 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,283,168 times
In general, I don't care what people do. Live and let live. If it doesn't pick my pocket nor break my leg...

What must be understood is that tolerance does not necessitate nurturance. It is not my responsibility to be an advocate or activist and I'm not oppressing if I'm decidedly and comfortably 'cis' and not out there being an advocate or activist (or "good ally").

Further, I don't believe it is a 'hate crime' to "misuse" someone's arbitrarily-selected and possibly invented and possibly changing day-to-day pronouns (Canada and NY). If someone politely tells me they wish to be referred to as "she" with an awareness that some might naturally refer to her as "he" then I'm more than willing to respect that. But that's a far cry from screaming 'bigotry' when someone doesn't use "they" "them" and "their" or one of the huge multitude of "zhe" and "zir" and other variations, or ask a person's pronouns every single time / day there's another meeting of the two.

But I'll be dead by 2050 and that's a good thing because the world will change in huge ways that will make me completely maladapted by then.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:31 PM

289 posts, read 146,017 times
It was fine until they started trying to shove it down other people's throats. It seems the biggest message for all this nonsense lately is "accept me or else!".

Old 01-11-2017, 12:33 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,907,806 times
Since we are all in favor of rights?

I have a right to not serve an idiot as I see an idiot. That means, the moron who thinks they are a woman and is a man I can say "HEY! YOU ARE A MENTALLY ILL RETARDED IDIOT! YOU MAY NOT ENTER THIS BUSINESS MORON!"

I have a right to call a person as I see fit. I mean, since the idiots want to be called a man when they are a woman, I have a right to call them not only a woman, but a very stupid woman.

You see, if you want your "rights" to claim you are what you are, then I have every right to claim you as I see you because who the flipping hell do you think you are to demand I refer to you as you want me to when I am free to refer to you as I see fit?

So.. we all good or do you need a special space to cradle yourself in?

Old 01-11-2017, 12:49 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,318,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5 View Post
It was fine until they started trying to shove it down other people's throats. It seems the biggest message for all this nonsense lately is "accept me or else!".
I accept trans people as human beings with the same rights & responsibilities as any other human being.

I do not accept that someone can be a man trapped in a woman's body, or vice versa. It's ludicrous.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:52 PM

626 posts, read 381,640 times
Here we go again... No biological proof but whatever you want OP.

It's a RIGHT for me not to pay taxes because I'm not a human... I'm a sea turtle!

When does it end?

Society definitely took a step back regarding these people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies