Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 12:08 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
I agree with you & if you remember Romney did not fight back in any meaningful way. Where did that get him. On some basic level....people can't stand someone who has no fight in them.
I don't hold that against him. He had his political consultants telling him what to do, and he was also a class act. Besides, he did fight back, just not as memorably as Trump.

I still think Romney would have made a pretty good president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 12:13 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump's command of the media is overrated... his approval rating is down to 37% and he hasn't even sworn in yet. Sad.
His approval rating according to who? The pollsters who said Clinton had a 98% chance of winning? The problem with lying all the time by the media is that no one has any trust in them now.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:08 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, I too can not figure out where Moores' head is.........one day he thinks Trump is the Anti Christ, and the next day he is praising him. I used to think Moore was a thinker, but not so sure any more.
The list of those who cannot figure out where Moore's head is includes Michael Moore. The fact that Trump stands for and advocates many of the same positions important to working Americans that Moore has fought for for years is inescapable. Still, MM feels the need to hate him....just because. He continues to struggle in search of a good reason.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:15 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
His approval rating according to who? The pollsters who said Clinton had a 98% chance of winning? The problem with lying all the time by the media is that no one has any trust in them now.
They've cried wolf one too many times. Nobody is alarmed anymore.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:22 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Im getting pretty sick of this particular peice of nonsense.

Nate Silver is in my mind the most accurate, and he gave Trump a 30% chance. And guess what? Thats a pretty darn good probability. Having 30% when your opponent has 70% doesnt mean you are going to lose. It means you have a 30% chance.

Even the 98% nonsense means-YOU HAVE A CHANCE.

The media and people who understand statistics dont judge polls by a single result. Gah!

Old 01-12-2017, 02:14 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
One person's concept of "domination" is merely bullying and immature petulance to others. He's an embarrassment and I believe another sure sign that the USA is becoming a corporate run reality show and as far away as it can get from what the founders intended.
Absolutely! Well said and 100% correct. Sadly for us...

Old 01-12-2017, 02:44 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
CNN arrived at 545 am and promptly put six CNN stickers on front row chairs...Most other news outlets struggled for one...
CNN sent producer level and major political reporters...They had an obvious agenda..Not the truth of a story but an agenda

I see more control possibly in the future... CNN will get a seat...Doubt it will be front row

CNN reporter was an asshat...He made his bed

Fake sleezy news...

We know definitively that our media lies..Fabricates published half truths..And we know from past reporting that CNN is rabidly anti Trump

Trump treated the CNN reporter like the rude child he was

Old 01-12-2017, 03:14 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No video to link yet but should be available shortly. I watched it live.
I watched it live too.

My first thought was he took a lot of questions compared to Obama at his press conferences. This is not to say Obama deliberately doesn't answer a lot of questions just that Trump doesn't go on and on with each single answer, eating up time. If he wasn't the President, he'd make a good press secretary.

The announcement of the guy that got the VA job got lost in all of the other news that came out of the press conference. He better be good because picking someone from within the VA doesn't seem like a good idea on the surface.

Looking forward to the first Trump State of The Union address.

Another thought I had was that he should have someone sweep his Trump Tower offices for bugs.

The lawyer/accountant who talked about his business interests did a terrific job because even I understood her. No legal gobbledygook. I thought she was really interesting.

And, he put baby (CNN) in the corner.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:05 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol...if a few protesters bother you....buy some Pepto Bismol. No one is going to shut up because Trump's fans are upset.
But the point is that Trump set the tone without having anyone removed. You claim that bullies usually shut people down. That doesn't mean Trump was the only bully, however. He was just louder and had the name calling ready.

I wonder why Trump didn't just have the reporter removed for disruption.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:18 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Trump is clearly a psychopath and that means he will dominate any situation like a relentless stray dog on crack, but it is also likely to be his downfall.
Your obvious hatred for President Trump will have no effect on his plans for repairing the damage your boy caused while in office.
He's behaving exactly the way we hoped he would. Get used to it.
There's a little dog a few houses down the street that I hear barking every time I go outside. You remind me of him.
It's become just background noise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies