Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 01:28 PM

91 posts, read 78,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
We can clang wine glasses to that.
Yup, Democracy is for suckers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 01:28 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

By the way, I already volunteer a lot of my time to organizations that are making a difference, even if just a small difference. I don't see this as "group think" but rather as doing more than just complaining.

One danger with too much complaining is that it tends to turn people off from even considering your point of view. I've found this thread to be much more informative then your other ones because you have offered some resources for getting more information and insight into your point of view.
Which orgs are you part of?

Thanks for the props.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:29 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSav View Post
Yup, Democracy is for suckers!
Not sure if you're being tongue-in-cheek, but that's the actual truth.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:35 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
In other words, this failed 32 year old actor is busy playing make believe on the backs of California tax payers. He's not elderly, crippled, disabled, or mentally compromised or any of the cases many leftist democrats try to bring up when discussing the expansion of MediCal...
Health insurance coverage for people who are can't work due to their disability is only one aspect of the Medi-Cal expansion.

Few actors who are starting out can get full time work. I doubt that it was this man's choice to have to cobble together a bunch of part-time gigs in order to stay in his field.

With an annual salary of under $16,395, he qualifies for Medi-Cal. I'm not clear on why you think he's "playing make believe on the backs of California taxpayers." Would you rather he go to the ER to treat an illness and bill taxpayers for that amount? That's what a lot of non-insured people had to do before they qualified for health insurance coverage under Medi-Cal.

Last edited by CA4Now; 01-17-2017 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-17-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Also, Pelosi's comments fit pretty well here....

Yup, just quit your job and shirk all responsibility so you can become an "artist" while taxpayers subsidize your lifestyle!
You've taken Pelosi's comments out of context. She was talking about people stuck in a job they can't tolerate, but cannot leave, because they're covered under their employer's health care plan. Not having to tie health insurance to a job was one of the goals of the ACA.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:49 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
IF Obamacare is repealed, the insurance companies and hospitals will just go their old ways. the cost of uninsured patients will be just be charged to the insurance companies and in turn charged to those who buy insurance.

if you have a nice job, no worries. if you don't have one..then you are f...ed up or just imitate the illegal migrants, self medicate until you can no longer hold it then go to the ER

Old 01-17-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
if you have a nice job, no worries. if you don't have one..then you are f...ed up
"Nice job" is not really a deciding factor. Anyone who is self employed, including consultants, realtors, owners of their own businesses, etc, is paying through the teeth for an individual health insurance policy, since the costs cannot be spread over many employees.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:18 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"Nice job" is not really a deciding factor. Anyone who is self employed, including consultants, realtors, owners of their own businesses, etc, is paying through the teeth for an individual health insurance policy, since the costs cannot be spread over many employees.
at least you/they can take their chances and no penalty for not buying one

Old 01-17-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
at least you/they can take their chances and no penalty for not buying one
That would be very risky, but you're right; people do it. Another reason that health insurance, which should not be a commodity, should be available to everyone.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:17 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Kool. I'm gonna quit my job and go buy a VW van and move to Cali and live on the beach and join a rock band and smoke pot and go surfing all day. Cause yew know, I gotta be me.

Oh, wait. We did that like 45 years ago. But we didn't get free health insurance, or money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies