Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 04:46 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,227,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
those peaceful protests has ended in cities on fire.
republican voters beaten bloody
police gunned down in the streets while protecting "peaceful protesters"
Unfortunately all too true.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:57 PM

10,017 posts, read 5,725,895 times
When you decide unilaterally that your rights supersede others' by physically blocking or restraining their free movement and requiring the use of violence to re-establish their free movement, then you're no longer "peacefully" protesting.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,318,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Finn, let me be clear on this point. If there is a peaceful protest where the organizers go thru the proper channels and do what is right and hold a truly peaceful rally, I am for their exercising of first Amendment rights.
There is no such thing to exercise your right to protest.

Quote:
but we aren't talking about that. and everyone knows it. What we are talking about are these protests that are not truly peaceful, aren't done in a way to insure the police can contain and control it.

we are talking about what even the OP called "civil disobedience" under the guise of "peaceful"

we all know that's what these bills are meant to deal with.

unless you can provide language of a bill that clearly indicates that lawful and peaceful then we all know what we are talking about.
Why did the founders enact a 2nd Amendment?

Old 01-19-2017, 05:04 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,583,649 times
I think they should pass Bills like this at a Federal Level I am all for Peaceful protest, if thats what you want to do, but its my right to not have to listen to it, and go about my way without being forced to stay. If you want to block the road, then you should be fair game, since no Citizen should be stupid enough to stop for these thugs, and be attacked in their Cars, as we have seen time after time. I would never stop, if they tried to force me to stop, even if I had to run over a dozen of them, since you have no idea of what their intent is, since we have all seen these "Peaceful" Protesters smashing windows and attacking drivers.

Protest organizers should be responsible for picking a place of Protest to accommodate the number of people they expect or seek permission from the City to use a street for a Parade or meeting area. There is NO right in Free Speech for them to use a venue that violates an others rights to go from one place to another. Those who try to tell you different are the same people that think the rest of us have no rights.

If a Protest turns Violent, and there is any Destruction of Property, or Looting, the Police should be given the Power to use "ANY MEANS NEEDED" to apprehend or stop these actions, including Lethal Force. Participants in looting should be Shot on the Spot. These actions are no longer Protests and should be treated as an attack on America and its Citizens. Organizers and Participants should be Prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law with Fines, Restitution to the Victims of the Riot, and Jail time in Years.

Its is our Duty, as Americans, to urge our Lawmakers to take these steps to protect its Citizens from these disgraces hiding under Peaceful Protest, and return Law and Order to Society.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
At least we know what 5 states can't wait for the Russian takeover.
And we know what Groups that claim they the Protest Peacefully are actually Domestic Terrorists that think they are beyond the Law.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's what I was trying to say. Practically all protests are on streets. Some are held in parks, but that is not an option in most cities.
Then you get a Permit from the City and if you can't you pick a spot big enough for the people you have that won't put them in the street. Not rocket science.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,301,159 times
Why don't these states group together and form their own little Nazination.

They can make themselves the capitol of the country and hopefully they can convince Trump to live there (yeah--that'll happen--Trump loves his cult but does not want to live among them).

All people want to do is exercise their constitutional rights and practice civil disobedience, but it seems like the fascists are encouraging civil war. They'll get it.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:13 PM

78,647 posts, read 60,839,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
They loathe freedom of speech that doesnt compliment their neliefs.
Congratulations, you're the 100th poster to on this forum to cite "free speech" yet you don't actually understand how it works.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Thank you!!! The idea that Republican protests are okay but when they are opposed they want laws giving them lethal force?!

By the way, those are groups greater than ten! Should they be killed according to Republican lawmakers?
If they start rioting, Destroying Public Property, and Looting, of course they should be, if needed to stop it. Exact;y what part of this is it that you don't understand?

Old 01-19-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's what I was trying to say. Practically all protests are on streets. Some are held in parks, but that is not an option in most cities.
That's why its time to Stop this, unless the City issues you a Permit and closes the Street for you. There is no "Right" to Block a Street if there is no other option. That's like you saying its OK for you to pull your pants down and crap on the sidewalk if there is no Bathroom handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies