Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 01:47 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yep. That's what some on the left don't understand, and others on the left think that we didn't understand. We understood perfectly well. Turns out, the DNC is the one who didn't understand a bit of it. Ha ha.
So is it better for him to speak like a low-to-middling intellect person with ADD because he actually is a low-to-middling intellect person with ADD, or because he cynically thought that acting like a low-to-middling intellect person with ADD would get him more votes from people he must assume are low-to-middling intellect and have ADD?

He either is the person he is presenting to the world or he is cynically manufacturing an image to present to the world that he thinks will be able to exploit the most voters. If it is the second one, then the image he manufactures will show you what he thinks about the people who voted for him.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 01-19-2017 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 01:52 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger;46884091[B
]Or you just can't see that he knows exactly what he is doing by communicating in ways people can relate to.
[/b]
But of course you wanted a used up, corrupt, alcoholic over Trump too right?

I question your judgement.
Trump doesn't engage in what we call code-switching. He speaks on the same fourth-grade level, regardless of the audience. All politicians get folksy from time too time, and play to the cheap seats, but Trump has never shown the ability to speak any differently.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:56 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump had a rather easy start considering his father gave him, was it $14 million?
A good number of people who inherit 14 million spend it instead of increasing it to billions.

You say his willingness to flatter Putin because Putin was "nice to him" is more than a little concerning. Not to me this is what he said about Putin. Well spoken in my opinion. Do you think it is not a good thing for us to try and get along with Putin?
Quote:
Well, if — if Putin likes Donald Trump, I consider that an asset, not a liability, because we have a horrible relationship with Russia.”
“Russia can help us fight ISIS, which, by the way, is, number one, tricky,” he said. “I mean, if you look, this administration created ISIS by leaving [Iraq] at the wrong time. The void was created, ISIS was formed.”
“If Putin likes Donald Trump, guess what, folks? That’s called an asset, not a liability,” said the president-elect.
“Now, I don’t know that I’m going to get along with Vladimir Putin,” he said. “I hope I do. But there’s a good chance I won’t.”
Twitter. Sometimes it looks as if he doesn't think through his tweets but his early morning tweets are an example but one thing I am pretty sure of he is up ready to start a full day early in the morning. He is a hard worker and hopefully that will pay off for the USA. I doubt if our other choice was up early ready to work hard.

Quote:
I have wondered about his intellect because he speaks at a third or fourth grade level using small words. Clearly that was appealing to his supporters but it doesn't sound like an adult speaking.
He speaks like a normal person. I think he understands speaking that way appeals to the average person.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:58 PM

1,160 posts, read 712,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Alas, three million more people voted for Hillary. Suck it up.
right, and the people of Colorado voted to legalize weed. Doesnt affect my state... your vote only matters in your own state, not at a federal level.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:59 PM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
yes, he, uh, uh uh, needs to, um, uh, speak with an air of, uh uh uh, superior-uh-teeee. As if he is , uh,uh,uh wracking his brain for the uh, uh, uhhhhhh correct and most, um OFFICIAL sounding woooord.

So you're saying he needs to speak like Prof. Obama who - when speaking of prompter - uses the word "uh" more than any other word in his speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk

Old 01-19-2017, 02:00 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
IIRC Forbes put it his inheritance at $20 million.

And yet he still couldn't manage to pay his bills and filed multiple bankruptcies. Which meant a lot of everyday, hard-working Americans were stiffed.
Maybe a few were "stiffed" but a lot more were provided with good paying jobs because of his investments. The majority of people who got stiffed in his bankruptcies were large creditors.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:00 PM

1,160 posts, read 712,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

professor, my azz.....

Old 01-19-2017, 02:05 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The man has created enough wealth for himself to fly around the world on a privately owned Boeing 757.

The country is in good hands. The corruption/incompetence purge starts tomorrow. People will be held accountable and expectations will be much higher.

I imagine that is a problem for many people in Government. Sorry about that
For the first time in my adult life I'm optimistic about the incoming president. I'm very much cautiously optimistic, but I am optimistic.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
And is now worth over $1 billion.

Are you impressed by that? Do you make your decisions about voting based on how much money a candidate has?

I'd be impressed if he paid the everyday Americans who got stiffed when his businesses went belly-up.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:19 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
For the first time in my adult life I'm optimistic about the incoming president. I'm very much cautiously optimistic, but I am optimistic.
I was actually optimistic about GHW Bush (1988-1992) because of his war record. My Dad told us he was a hero because he serviced in the Marines where Bush flew and he knew of him even back then as being a stone cold pilot who would dive on anything he was ordered to attack (many would not).

And I think GHW Bush was a solid President except for not allowing General Schwartzkopf to finish off the Iraqi's. Or he was especially brilliant for not allowing it, I don't know which is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies