Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 06:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,237,514 times

Advertisements

So if men support women..the Trump groupies have to emasculate them.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. They really are that insecure.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:33 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,649,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So wearing a symbol for female genitalia on a mans head is what a real man is supposed to do in the lib world today ?
It is clear you really don't understand at all.

There is not "supposed to".

That is simply in your head.

It is totally cool if you feel uncomfortable about wearing the "hat". there is no pressure at all. Plenty of folks marching did not wear them, plenty did too. I doubt anyone was hassling anyone about it in the slightest.

I do take issue with your implying that showing solidarity with women is a bad thing. why would you be so upset to see men supporting women? do you think we are supposed control them or something?

Old 01-21-2017, 06:35 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,667,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
It is clear you really don't understand at all.

There is not "supposed to".

That is simply in your head.

It is totally cool if you feel uncomfortable about wearing the "hat". there is no pressure at all. Plenty of folks marching did not wear them, plenty did too. I doubt anyone was hassling anyone about it in the slightest.

I do take issue with your implying that showing solidarity with women is a bad thing. why would you be so upset to see men supporting women? do you think we are supposed control them or something?
Why would you want to show support to a bunch of fools who are promoting a false narrative told to them by the DNC for political reasons?

Old 01-21-2017, 06:36 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,749,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
"Women's March", but in reality it was a "we are mad because the candidate we wanted lost" march.

Exactly what are they protesting about? Trump has not done one single thing yet, he has been in office for one day. Protests are usually more effective when there is something specific they are actually protesting about, like a law.

It seems every group, from women groups, to Amnesty International, to Legalize It, to Free the Nipple, were out in force. Large crowds, but not difficult to get large crowds when the protests are being organized on a Saturday in cities that went for Hillary.
No. That's just not so.
You need to listen to the intelligent and articulate women who are protesting (whether marching or not) and learn. Close your mouth, open your ears and your heart and listen.
The marches are, in essence, not about politics or the election. They are about the well being of women, of the planet earth, of children, of everyone ... including you!

Old 01-21-2017, 06:36 PM

39,310 posts, read 27,692,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
A man who is strong, confident and "manly" but who also has an open and loving heart and who has true affection and admiration for women is the "catch of the day" to many women.
I agree with that.

Gentle strength.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:37 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,374,441 times
Amazing there are men who buy into this nonsense.
Someone said, in another thread that there is no one on the face of the Earth who has it better than a woman who lives in America in 2017. Nobody has more opportunity, and nobody is treated better.

Look at the difference in how sexual predators are treated under the law, especially in cases of teachers abusing students. Women almost always get off with much lighter sentences.

Same in the cases of assault or domestic abuse.

Women are not required to register for the draft despite being considered capable for combat roles.

Women have adjusted physical criteria for serving in the military, firefighting and first responder roles.

Women are treated much better in family court based on gender as opposed to parental competence.

Women are rarely punished for sexual harassment in the workplace.

Almost every type of cancer kills more men than women, yet breast cancer receives the majority of funding and attention

So by every metric you'd care to name, men are treated worse than women in this country and we need a serious MEN'S movement or at the least a TRUE equality movement.

...and then Trump gets elected.
Suddenly women feel threatened, I guess because he said some crass things on a bus years ago while we had his opponent Hillary Clinton actually silencing and attempting to ruin the women who her husband sexually abused or may have even raped in order to advance her own political aspirations.

I guess they are threatened by the plans to defund Planned Parenthood. That has nothing to do with oppressing women. It is all about the utter REVULSION at listening to these PP executives callously and
casually talking about how they profit from abortions over dinner. Its about the ease in which abortions can be had and the #shoutyourabortion type of callous garbage that takes what should be a somber, sober and
very sad event and turns into some kind of sick version of empowerment.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:37 PM

42,868 posts, read 26,387,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Hillary loving - male feminists are a very small, maybe microscopic, almost infinitesimal , minority among Marines but are you sure that you might not be a gay beard for your husband, a person who is used as a spouse to conceal his sexual orientation?
We do live in the age of dont ask, dont tell and the whole Bradley (Chelsea) Manning era
Do you ever get out to California? If so, message me and we can arrange for you to meet my husband, then you can tell him that to his face.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
..and then Trump gets elected.
Suddenly women feel threatened, I guess because he said some crass things on a bus years ago while we had his opponent Hillary Clinton actually silencing and attempting to ruin the women who her husband sexually abused or may have even raped in order to advance her own political aspirations.
Not threatened at all, just absolutely disgusted.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,667,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do you ever get out to California? If so, message me and we can arrange for you to meet my husband, then you can tell him that to his face.
Make sure he is not holding your purse, it's easier for him to kick ass with both hands.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Make sure he is not holding your purse, it's easier for him to kick ass with both hands.
You're trolling again, would you like a link to the C-D terms of service?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.