Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 07:25 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times

Advertisements

Ladies, I support your right to protest, but think you are protesting the wrong thing. Protesting against an issue you disagree with makes sense. Protesting against the voters' choice for President does not. Trump won. Period.

Like 43% of other women voters in this country, my vote was cast for Trump.

Women voters aren't a monolithic voting block. We don't line up and vote based on "gender identity". You don't speak for me.

Keep it peaceful today and don't embarrass the rest of us too much with the silly hats and dumb signs, Ok?

Old 01-21-2017, 07:39 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Ladies, I support your right to protest, but think you are protesting the wrong thing. Protesting against an issue you disagree with makes sense. Protesting against the voters' choice for President does not. Trump won. Period.

Women voters aren't a monolithic voting block. We don't line up and vote based on "gender identity". You don't speak for me.

Keep it peaceful today and don't embarrass the rest of us too much with the silly hats and dumb signs, Ok?

Most are trying to get assaulted by Bill Clinton. Did you see how he was staring down Melania Trump during the swearing in ceremony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_j4ve1cttc

Old 01-21-2017, 07:42 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Most are trying to get assaulted by Bill Clinton. Did you see how he was staring down Melania Trump during the swearing in ceremony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_j4ve1cttc
That cracks me up. I don't know why, but I just love Bill Clinton. He can't help himself.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:50 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That cracks me up. I don't know why, but I just love Bill Clinton. He can't help himself.
I had a co-worker like Bill once. He loved the ladies and they loved him back. Clinton (and my coworker) is quite different from Trump. He is not a p-grabber like Trump. He admires women and would respect their space. Trump is abusive, a misogynist, who thinks his wealth gives him the right to assault others.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:51 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Oh, good grief, Bill Clinton was more likely watching Donald Trump - his disapproving expression makes this far more likely. You cannot tell what he was watching from this video - Melania appears no where in it. The relevant part of the video is around twenty seconds long, and has no context whatsoever.

Good way to dredge up issues that are long dispensed with by using smear tactics and dubious accusations. Keep it classy, folks.

Tell me, has anyone heard of any validated accounts of Clinton straying since the Lewinski affair? It's said on good authority that he received intensive therapy and fully examined his dysfunctional childhood and resulting attitudes and behavior towards women, and having gained insight, realized his marriage was one of the most valuable things in his life, and changed his previous reprehensible womanizing ways.

As for the hats and their wearers, aren't they protesting Trump's misogyny and stereotyping of women as helpless sex objects for his selfish enjoyment, rather than protesting his election (questionable though it is...)?

I thought the hats were rather clever, actually...

Old 01-21-2017, 07:53 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,781,311 times
Quote:

You should take this little speech/lecture to Washington and give it there to the women marching, where they can see you and respond accordingly.

It's of little utility on an anonymous internet forum.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:54 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,919,683 times
Quote:

Old 01-21-2017, 08:02 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Default Millions Of Women March Against Trump Today

Quote:
The key focus of the day is the Women's March on Washington, which organizers say could attract a quarter of a million participants.

But there are also more than 600 "sister marches" planned around the United States, with some of the biggest expected in Boston, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

And women and men in cities around the world -- including Sydney, Berlin, London, Paris and Cape Town, South Africa -- are also marching in solidarity and in opposition to the values they think Trump represents.
Women's march: Protesters rally worldwide in solidarity with Washington event - CNNPolitics.com

This is such a wonderful sight. Hundreds of thousands of women are marching against the misogynist President who just won an election and was inaugurated, even though his female opponent had 3 million more votes than he did.

And when you tally up the women all over the world the numbers are in the millions. Strong, passionate, educated women standing shoulder to shoulder in opposition to him all over the world. From Washington D.C. to Chicago to L.A., to Africa, Australia and across Europe, women are standing together and speaking out.

This makes me proud to not only be an American, but to be a human being. Thank you ladies, I hear you all.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:07 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
EarthCam - National Mall Cam

Live cam from the national mall.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:13 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Any man , who has any brains, will openly admit that the women of the world are the strong ones who keep us moving in the right direction. We guys are basically of the "Here , hold my beer and watch this" mentality, but our women are the ones who bring sanity and decency into play.

I am so proud to see that there are still ladies out there who ARE offended by Trump and his cheap comments and mindset about women. I am a man, and am offended by how he treats and disrespects them all.

Strong , intelligent women are the glue that keeps our country moving ahead. Michele Obama is certainly one very obvious example of that type of lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies