Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 05:11 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Good stuff! Rep point for you.

And the sad thing is, instead of recognizing their party failure of help poor rural America, the Democratic Party minions characterize those voters as bigots, racists, Nazis, etc.

How can you claim to be a party of tolerance, diversity, equality and yet attack anyone who doesn't share your view? How can you claim to be a party that cares about poor people and yet leave them behind?
I believe you incorrectly named the wrong party responsible for vilifying certain groups. It was trumps tramp camp that did the bigotry and racism . He fueled it quite well. Most who voted outside their regular party did so because they wanted change. Well now they are about to see how that change will leave them penniless and filled with more racial slurs and intolerance. That will be Trumps legacy...bringing more of a divide then a unity for progress.

As for being of any political group, I no longer see the point. People jump parties left and right, and None of the major ones get how to stabilize the economy while being attentive to world concern.

Trump can't make america "great" again. It was Great before him ....that slogan is in itself an insult to those of us who have for years paid our taxes and DID work for our state legislative changes.

...This "change" is not for the better...that much is already prevailing thru his executive orders . (which btw, have to pass congress approval).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 07:16 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
Both candidates knew how the electoral college worked. Trump took full advantage of the system and campaigned hard in states that Clinton pretty much ignored because she wrongly thought she only need to concentrate on the states with more electoral votes and that she would be able to win the swing states that Obama had won in 2008 and 2012. As far as the election being rigged it's ironic that the recount in Michigan found that in heavily democratic districts in Detroit there were more votes than there were registered voters. The electoral college has it's merits it keeps the voting power from just being concentrated in areas of the country with the highest populations, basically the both coasts and the gulf states.
Only that is not true. Poll workers count voters who show up to vote, machines count votes, in some instances poll workers counted less voters than the machine registered votes, this can be attributed to human error. It had nothing to do with the totsl number of registered voters.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:25 PM

529 posts, read 370,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I believe you incorrectly named the wrong party responsible for vilifying certain groups. It was trumps tramp camp that did the bigotry and racism . He fueled it quite well. Most who voted outside their regular party did so because they wanted change. Well now they are about to see how that change will leave them penniless and filled with more racial slurs and intolerance. That will be Trumps legacy...bringing more of a divide then a unity for progress.

As for being of any political group, I no longer see the point. People jump parties left and right, and None of the major ones get how to stabilize the economy while being attentive to world concern.

Trump can't make america "great" again. It was Great before him ....that slogan is in itself an insult to those of us who have for years paid our taxes and DID work for our state legislative changes.

...This "change" is not for the better...that much is already prevailing thru his executive orders . (which btw, have to pass congress approval).
Wondering if it offended you when Reagan said it?

Old 01-25-2017, 08:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
I have been registered as an independent since I was 18 years old when I voted for Ross Perot in 1992. I voted for Bill Clinton in 1996 and I didn't vote for president in 2000 or 2004 because I didn't like either candidate. I voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. But I voted for Trump in 2016 because I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary Clinton because she is as crooked as a barrel of snakes. Now since Trump has won and seeing all the Democrats and Independents coming out saying "not my president" "Illegitimate president." "F#@k Trump" and the like and just being sore losers I have decided to register as a Republican. I can never again support the Democratic party as it is now or the independent candidates. They attacked Trump when he suggested that he wouldn't expect the outcome if he didn't win but now they can't accept that they lost. All the riots and protest are only going to rally the Trump supporters and clinch a 2020 victory.
Same with me. Democrats are moving even further left (wanting to keep use the race card) and that's one of the reason's I became a Republican. Obamacare, the meltdown is confirming that I made the right choice.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:

For the entire Obama era all we heard was accusations of racism for daring to disagree with Obama's policies. That's a big turn off. I have every RIGHT to disagree with anyone regardless of color or gender. I won't vote for a Democrat because of it. I'm sick of hearing Democrats (liberals and progressives - all the same anymore) whine and attack people for daring to think for themselves.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:50 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler15 View Post
I'm usually reluctant to label myself a liberal or conservative since they carry such a negative connotation, much more so than just calling yourself a Democrat or Republican. I think if we got rid of these terms, the 2 parties would get along much easier and perhaps actually listen to each other. I've seen too may liberals called lib - tards and too many conservatives called bigots, before even taking the time to get to know the person.

If I had to use those labels, I'd say in recent years I've become more liberal on most social issues. From my perspective, Democrats tend to see the bigger picture on a lot of social issues and are more progressive, whereas Republicans are usually hesitant to change their traditional views, no matter what. Democrats are more accepting when it comes to gay rights, whereas Republicans are praying for a conservative Supreme Court Justice to stop the "gay agenda". The Democratic party is more diverse; Republicans are mostly conservative whites. In my mind, there's a reason minorities vote Democrat and I don't blame them.

Republicans tend to care only about themselves rather than the common good. They want their taxes lowered and want a decrease in their insurance premiums. Do they not see that our infrastructure is crumbling, people in many areas have undrinkable water, and the police need more support, yet they want to lower taxes which would cut funding to fix all of these problems? At the same time they want to improve education, yet one of the problems with education is that the funding is not there to provide the services that are necessary, particularly in low income areas where opportunities for a good education and a decent job are slim to none.

Too many young people living in the south side of Chicago see no way out, while working harder every day than most billionaires do in an entire year. Not everyone's on the same playing field with the same odds of getting that perfect job, no matter how hard they work every day. So for the common good, I side with the Democrats on most issues. Again, this is just my opinion, everyone has their own.
I thought so,you're a liberal. I was too, until I grew up and woke up.
Liberalism.....lol

Old 01-26-2017, 05:06 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:

your wrong, and you refuse to see the absolute truth....you see, for many years, before Obama, before Bush, and even before Bill Clinton, our immigration laws were starting to break down. Politicians from both sides stood at the borders, handing out flyers welcoming Mexicans and anyone else who wanted to cross those borders in, saying, "We left you in, vote for me".

I don't believe there is any one here in the U.S. who cares who comes in, as long as they come in legally and work to get their citizenship.

What we have now, after years of ignoring that law, is chaos, and a total breakdown of not only our social systems, but healthcare...including hospitals that were forced to close b/c of them. Plus a major breakdown of our laws...when you break a law, what happens is, people start ignoring other laws, and then others and others, until you have corrupt leaders and a corrupt society.

Unfortunately people refuse to see it this way. If all those illegals are such good people, why in God's name didn't they work to become a legal citizen of the U.S. Sorry, I don't feel sorry for them, and no one should. I'm sorry they felt they had a right to break the law...I'm sorry they didn't see, that their cash cow was going to run dry eventually...(Thank God) b/c it started off a trickle down effect that began to ruin our once great nation.

Then you also have undesirable people in this country who are drug dealers, gang members, criminals and rapists.

When you break the law and finally, FINALLY someone sees the destruction it is causing comes along and promises to enforce those laws....doesn't make him or anyone a racist or a bigot. Things are going to change in this country, big time, why, Because fortunately way to many people not only see it, but want it fixed....which no other President has done.

The way to fix things is to hire someone who isn't bought by the rich...the corporations.
For years, corporations, companies, have gotten away with hiring these illegals and treating them as slaves....paying them less than or minimum wage. Every restaurant in this nation hires illegals....I'm going back over 20 years ago, and I saw how the restaurant owner, who I worked for, sent a van down to Philly to spots where illegals were waiting to be hired for the night, day, or weeks....and then I saw them get paid with little brown envelopes. Pathetic...and I worked the restaurant circut, and even saw the same done in a Golf Court Resort. I don't believe many people are aware of the fact, that this has been going on for years....

Then adding insult to injury, they march and protest and they aren't even legal? Good God, what a set they have...to do that to Americans. Well, that is going to change my friend, big time.

The strain they've caused in America, is unbelievable....and I'm so glad Trump is forcing a prob into our voting systems, b/c they are also corrupt!

Old 01-26-2017, 05:14 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
My issue is with the religious conservatism and until that is reigned in I will be hard pressed to support a full republican slate. Will still do so on an individual basis but that is rare.
Really? Is someone forcing you to go to a church not of your choice? Is someone forcing you to pray at a certain time of day?

What in God's Name is religious conservatism forcing on you? Be specific, please.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:42 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Really? Is someone forcing you to go to a church not of your choice? Is someone forcing you to pray at a certain time of day?

What in God's Name is religious conservatism forcing on you? Be specific, please.
Yes, I want to know also...what is being forced on them?

Old 01-26-2017, 06:20 AM

107 posts, read 180,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I thought so,you're a liberal. I was too, until I grew up and woke up.
Liberalism.....lol
That's funny.. I'm just the opposite of you. I was a conservative for many years until I grew up and woke up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies