Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 03:10 PM

73,078 posts, read 62,706,187 times

Advertisements

I have seen threads of that subject pop up. I've personally encountered individuals who seem to have some vested interest to get me to vote Republican. I suspect most of the asking is not being done by people who are running for office. To me, unless you are running for office and need votes, I do not think it is just mere curiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 03:11 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,588,793 times
I am always curious why blacks support racist, hateful and violent liberals/Democrats.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:12 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have seen threads of that subject pop up. I've personally encountered individuals who seem to have some vested interest to get me to vote Republican. I suspect most of the asking is not being done by people who are running for office. To me, unless you are running for office and need votes, I do not think it is just mere curiosity.
Hmm....

Didn't you just contribute to this "obsession" that you speak of?

Old 01-26-2017, 03:12 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,976,442 times
Quote:
I've never seen them post a single thing about issues facing the black community, they vilify the BLM movement and treat any mention of racism as if the mention itself, IS racism, yet they're so concerned about how we vote.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I am always curious why blacks support racist, hateful and violent liberals/Democrats.
I am curious to why there is a desperation to get Blacks to vote Republican. I can name Republicans who have said some bigoted things. Newt Gingrich, George Allen, Trent Lott, Rick Santorum.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I've never seen them post a single thing about issues facing the black community, they vilify the BLM movement and treat any mention of racism as if the mention itself, IS racism, yet they're so concerned about how we vote.
I will give my opinion over this obsession. It is not about the betterment of the lives of Blacks. I think said persons look at their candidate losing as "if Black people voted for Republicans, we'd have the politicians we want". That is just my opinion.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:28 PM

78,543 posts, read 60,718,007 times
OP, haven't we had this thread about every 2 weeks for the last year? What's changed?

Each person should vote their conscience so *shrug*.

IMO, just because democrats do very little for their black voting base because they don't have to....doesn't mean the Republicans are a viable alternative.

That being said, it's one of the most racist voting segments...right up there with old white people. Labeling your opponent and their supporter as racist has become a standard operating tactic in the democratic primaries with Bernie Sanders being the latest casualty.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:29 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,588,793 times
Quote:
I am curious to why there is a desperation to get Blacks to vote Republican. I can name Republicans who have said some bigoted things. Newt Gingrich, George Allen, Trent Lott, Rick Santorum.
You don't need to vote for the Republicans.

I just wonder why black people associate themselves with such a racist, hateful and violent liberals.

Personally, liberals scare the crap out of me. Any particular reason you like those people?

Old 01-26-2017, 03:30 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,649,903 times
Quote:
What's your obsession with white people wanting other Americans to vote based on policy and not party?

Old 01-26-2017, 03:30 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,595,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
No doubt, the Democrats are racist.

The real question is why should blacks support republicans?

I mean I always felt that Republicans, being individualistic were simply indifferent towards blacks, and didn't have any particular "plan" for them. But then I thought about Nixon and the War On Drugs, and how everything that Republicans do "for black people" revolves around Stop And Frisk and locking them all up. Not really a great "plan".

Blacks shouldn't vote for either party. They just need to not vote at all, remove themselves from all government services, and fix their own problems. Black people are better without either party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies