Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“It used to be cars were made in Flint, and you couldn’t drink the water in Mexico. Now, the cars are made in Mexico and you can’t drink the water in Flint,” Trump said.

He’s not trying to hide that fact. After leaving Flint, he turned around the very next day to condemn the EPA’s Clean Water Rule in a speech in New York Thursday, and earlier this year, Trump lackey Chris Christie discussed Trump’s desire to fire federal workers at the EPA and other regulatory agencies, replacing them with CEOs.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...be-commonplace
At least I live in a state that rejected the Cheeto man and NY does have mostly environmentally conscious leadership, but for all of the people that denounced the swindler in The White House but live in places with right wing representation, I hope for your sake that you are able to cope with the environmental damage and lack of regulations that the Trump voter inflicted upon you and your kids.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-27-2017 at 08:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 09:37 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Now that the EPA is being dismantled there will be more cities like Flint with “other” problems and issues that will go undetected or corrected. I think shooting yourself in the foot is the wrong thing to have done.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:40 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,092,300 times
I'm glad that your crystal ball is working famously. Too bad it didn't work during the election.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:41 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
Flint happened under the watch of a Democrat city council and a Democrat president.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:42 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
Cool EPA failed flint, it didn't save it- liberals run Flint

Tying all the upcoming firings of overly zealous environmental zealots is not what prevented Flint or the Copper mine disaster in Colorado. The EPA approved Flint's water plan to begin syphoning the Detroit river into their municipal water supply. Read the background. Do some fact checking... And liberals run Flint. Wow.. 😱

Old 01-27-2017, 09:46 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Michigan (R) Gov. Rick Snyder and other state officials are “fundamentally accountable” for the lead contamination of Flint's water supply, according to a report Wednesday from a panel appointed by the governor to investigate the crisis.Mar 23, 2016

Michigan Officials Responsible for Flint Water Crisis, Panel Finds - WSJ

Old 01-27-2017, 09:49 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and other state officials are “fundamentally accountable” for the lead contamination of Flint's water supply, according to a report Wednesday from a panel appointed by the governor to investigate the crisis.Mar 23, 2016

I don't care what some panel says, water production is a local issue east of the rockies where water is plentiful.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:09 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
At least I live in a state that rejected the Cheeto man and NY does have mostly environmentally conscious leadership, but for all of the people that denounced the swindler in The White House but live in places with right wing representation, I hope for your sake that you are able to cope with the environmental damage and lack of regulations that the Trump voter inflicted upon you and your kids.
I know it makes you "feel better" but all you're doing in threads like this is smoke-screening for Trump.

Just like all the rabid far-righters did for Obama.

It's like watching a sickness.

Speculation presented as fact fake news that the moderates just tune out.

Then when something important happens nobody listens because.....they can't trust a dang thing they hear not to be some twisted lie.

It's like the 2nd golden age of yellow journalism and it's sad to watch.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:12 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Michigan (R) Gov. Rick Snyder and other state officials are “fundamentally accountable” for the lead contamination of Flint's water supply, according to a report Wednesday from a panel appointed by the governor to investigate the crisis.Mar 23, 2016

"fundamentally accountable"

I'm a little confused there because there was a cover-up and people are facing jail time as a result.

While I can respect a little "buck stops here" then why does this go up to just the governor and not the head of the EPA and the president among others?

Old 01-27-2017, 10:31 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
How did Flint happen, if cutting the EPA will cause more Flint type problems? Using that logic, Flint should have never happened due to the EPA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies