Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 08:16 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Californias income is more then the bottom 26 states.....combined. Texas and New York are the only states that even come close.
I could double my income by moving to California easily. I wouldn't live there for 10X. Life has to be worth living. I don't see it there.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:18 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Quote:
So kudos to this state for standing up for its people.
You have it backwards. The state is standing up for everyone except it's people.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:35 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Here is the bottom line...if your here illegally...you're out.

No discussion, no crying, no BS. Arrest the illegal aliens and deport ASAP!

SF does not like it, too bad, this is the USA not Mexico.
If you've been following the news, and major conservative (i.e: Fox, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly) sources recently, you'll find that conservative concern over the majority of illegals who are simply trying to make ends met is mellowing, and is boing refocused on the true (criminal and Islamo-Fascist) threats.

Those of us with a bit better economic understanding -- most of whom either supported Johnson (as I did), or saw Trump as the lesser of two irrational evils -- recognize that we can't revive the artificial prosperity of the Fifties and Sixties. The idea of a warmed-over New Deal promoted by the "JFK/LBJ mentality" is as dead as Hubert Humphrey himself.

It's a new post-industrial economy out there; we can smooth off the rough edges, but that's about all. When the Third World develops enough to no longer send its most desperate daughters and sons here, somebody's still going to have to be found to do our really-dirty jobs, and the most distasteful creations of the Special Snowflake and participation-trophy mentality are the logical candidates -- courtesy of work-release from the County Stockade.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They don't have to for more than just a few hours in a holding cell, at most. They just need to call ICE to pick them up. But they're not doing that, as is clearly explained in the LA Times article I posted.
That isn't how it was happening. Maybe Trump would change things and if so, great.

It's not the answer to the problem though.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
What is wrong with this country is politicians making laws and then not enforcing them evenly or at all.
I will note that this is a symptom of the problem. The reason politicians do this is because they know they can demonize the other side and get support.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with wanting laws enforced or abuses curbed. CA can go do it's own thing and suffer the consequences if it wants. Liberals minds have become infected with the premise that there don't ever have to be any losers in a game - everyone gets a medal. That's not the way life works and people are sick and tired of having money taken from them to support illegal activities. That's not hate - that's common sense.
You prove my point.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:40 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
You have it backwards. The state is standing up for everyone except it's people.
No, California has over 10 million foreign born residents and when we factor in their US-born children( people like me whose parents immigrated here in the 1960s), this vast, multigenerational group constitutes a majority of the state population.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:55 AM

89,016 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
If you've been following the news, and major conservative (i.e: Fox, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly) sources recently, you'll find that conservative concern over the majority of illegals who are simply trying to make ends met is mellowing, and is boing refocused on the true (criminal and Islamo-Fascist) threats.
No, it's not. "Simply trying to make ends meet" at the expense of US citizens and legal residents is parasitic, plain and simple. Anyone who wants to immigrate to the US is free to go through the legal process. Anyone here illegally should be deported. Period.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:56 AM

89,016 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That isn't how it was happening.
Based on what? What else are the ICE detention facilities for?

Old 01-28-2017, 08:59 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I can deal with most right wing lies but this one is so breathtakingly delusional that it must be corrected.

2016 Popular Vote
Clinton 65.8 million votes
Trump 62.9 million votes

Everything in a nutshell.

The worst part is, this all appears to be bluster on his part just to appease the extreme lunatics who support him.

1. He's already said that he's only going to deport the undocumenteds that are criminals, which is still too broad, and should be cut further to mean felons.

2. His administration and Republicans have intimated that students will be allowed to stay.

3. The president himself on ABC said regarding the issue, that 'we're going to take care of everyone, I have a big heart'

Which is all great but then he issues an executive order to cut funding?

I tend to think thats smoke and mirrors on Trump's part meant to satisfy the zenophobes in his camp, but California cant wait to find out of his rhetoric is real or fake because we have millions of people in jeopardy now.

So kudos to this state for standing up for its people.
For every knee-jerk Trumpophile who fell for the idea that their hero could immediately revive a Fifties-style prosperity, there were two or three of us in the traditional Republican and libertarian camps who understood that the pop-con ideas wouldn't work any better than Obama's "porkulus". We simply went along with the "brighter of two dim bulbs"(?)

We are likely to drift in stagnation for a long time -- and the only thing that can be guaranteed is that the gang of idiots over in the Lefty Playpen will continue to support anything that they view as enhancing their power and stereotyping anyone who refuses to swallow their swill as "rednecks" "in-breeders" -- whatever!

They got so caught up in their own rhetoric last time around that they overplayed their two-threes-and-an-old-maid hand. Only time will tell if we have matured enough to reject the "identity politics" deceptions formulated by the moral bankrupts who put the real Great Divider in the White House back in 2008.

Quote:
No, it's not. "Simply trying to make ends meet" at the expense of US citizens and legal residents is parasitic, plain and simple. Anyone who wants to immigrate to the US is free to go through the legal process. Anyone here illegally should be deported. Period.
In theory you might be correct, but given the limitations of real-world economics, we don't have the resources to carry out such a plan. De-industrialization is a hard fact with which we're all stuck (not shackled, because market forces and hard-finance limitations don't respond to politically-motivated pipe-dreams, save to render them unworkable).

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 01-28-2017 at 09:13 AM..

Old 01-28-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Based on what? What else are the ICE detention facilities for?
I have no interest in talking in circles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies