Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 11:52 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times

Advertisements

LOL

Nothing has even happened for him to be impeached over.

This is kinda sad. You need proof before you can impeach. So far, it's just been "sources leaking information".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 11:53 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Here Are the Current Betting Odds on Trump Being Impeached | The Huffington Post

Of course the odds said Hilary was favored by quite a bit, but this is interesting.
The odds of hillary winning were more than quite a bit, this same site huffington post said hillary had a 98.2% chance she would win.

The HuffPost presidential forecast model gives Democrat Hillary Clinton a 98.2 percent chance of winning the presidency. Republican Donald Trump has essentially no path to an Electoral College victory.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e80b02cc2a94

new york times said 85% chance of hillary victory.

This article is why I think so much of the liberal media is so mediocre, the article should say that odd makers are betting that donald trump will serve his full term. It is 4/5 (-125) odds that donald trump will serve his full term.

I would love to see odds on two terms if he stays healthy

Old 02-15-2017, 11:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Snowflake?
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd
All this nonsense and challenge on everything that Trump does or even hints at doing is getting old.
Trump won get over it and let the man get to work. I still think he has Americas best interest at heart unlike Hillary who was gearing up to be lining her own pockets while she waits for her suspect foreign donors to come to the WH for their "favors".

The left wing nut media is trashing Trump at every turn and the remaining Dems are calling for outrage. Is this the Dems plans for the next 4 years to trash Trump to no end while nothing gets done in DC ?
The way the media reports on Trump is doing nothing but harm. He would have to do 10 good things to overshadow the one questionable thing that the media harps on.

Obama was not popular on the Right but he never faced such never ending bashing.
The Orange Don might have to use the Race card to stop these attacks.

Where in this post do you get the idea that I'm a snowflake?
The media and Dems are attacking Trump at every turn and it is getting old.
I say let the man get to work and he will rise or fall by his own doing.
This huge divide in the public over politics is doing nothing to move the country forward.
"Let the man get to work?"

C'mon now it's Trump that's fueling all of this stuff. Cripes, when the folks get bored and move on, the stupid man takes to Twitter and reinvigorates an issue just to see his name out there again.

To wit:
In yet another tweet Wednesday morning, Trump wrote, “Information is being illegally given to the failing @nytimes & @washingtonpost by the intelligence community (NSA and FBI?).Just like Russia.”

Somebody should break his thumbs so he can't shoot himself in the foot every time he's got nothing more pressing to deal with.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:04 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please...no impeachment talk.

I want this guy around for the full four years with a Republican Congress.

I'm loving the show.
Yeah, but by the end of four years, this country will look like the background scenes from Fallout IV.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:08 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I will say one thing for them; the traitors are doing everything they can to disrupt his administration. Too bad Obama was not impeached with his first illegal act and we would not be having this trouble.
Trump is a traitor to our nation, not to mention a megalomaniacal, fraudulent bucket of sleaze. His mindless lemmings are dupes at best.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:22 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Funny how the GOP wasted a lot of time and tax payer dollars on an affair, yet Trump is literally getting help from and being influenced by a foreign entity like Russia. And not only that, the Trump regime is employing cabinet members who literally said they'd do favors for Moscow while being in constant contact with them all throughout the campaign and transition period.. At what point is this considered treason? This is much more impeachment worthy than a stupid dress.

Will someone please tell me why Russia is still our enemy? Our nation constantly does things that we claim are in our own best interests, claiming we have that right simply because we are a sovereign nation. Using that claim, since 1980 we have been involved one way or another in military incursions or flat out war with Lebanon, Grenada, Persian Gulf (Iran), Panama, Iraq, Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq (again), Pakistan, Libya, War on ISIL, and Afghanistan (again).

Is Russia not a sovereign nation? Are they not allowed to do what they believe is in their best interest?

I think it is massively hypocritical of the US government declaring we can do what we feel is in our nation's best interests, then out of the other side of our mouths, our government tells Russia, Korea, China, Iraq, Iran and a huge group of other nations they cannot do what they deem is in their best interests.

What makes the United States government so special that it can dictate THEIR will upon any other sovereign nation? I understand going into Kuwait when we were asked for help by them, but I don't understand how we can somehow claim a higher ground of morality going into any of those other countries simply because our government doesn't like what those countries are doing.

By what right do we justify imposing US government policy and requirements on any other sovereign nation? Would we not be up in arms if another nation attempted to do that to us here in the US? So how do we claim some moral high ground for our actions then condemn other nations for their actions?

Finally, what has Russia done to the US in the past 30 or so years? Have we not been engaged with them in talks? Just because our policies don't align with theirs does not make their policies bad. It just makes them different as they see in their own best interests.

Again... how is Russia or China or any other nation our ENEMY. That should be the question before we start saying things like the OP did.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:41 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Default HE WILL DIE in jail ! intel source says Trump is going down.

Raw Story reporting insiders are going to go Nuclear on Trump. They claim to have the goods...

‘He will die in jail’: Intelligence community ready to ‘go nuclear’ on Trump, senior source says

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...much-more-fire

Old 02-15-2017, 12:44 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Time to go all Pol Pot there MR. President!!!

Old 02-15-2017, 12:46 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
This constant nit picking between those on the left and those on the right helps nothing. Are we incapable of not acting like children, engaging in horribly juvenile behavior, every time someone from one side or the other gets their panties wadded up in a bunch over what someone on the other side of the political aisle does or did?

Are we really so petty we cannot act like the adults in the room for a change? I realize this crap goes on in the mainstream media as well, with a host of one political side facing a guest of the other political side, but that doesn't make it right.

A while back I came to the conclusion that I had absolutely zero right to look at another person and demand to impose MY will, beliefs, morality or dictates upon them simply because I "don't like" what they are doing. If their actions or inaction does not encroach upon my rights or my property, by what right do I have a say in what they are doing? The same can be said of our nation as a whole. By what right does the US government attempt to impose its will upon another sovereign nation?

Good Lord! Just once I would like to see people on both the left and the right find things they can agree on rather than all this childish back and forth which does no one any good. Both sides are guilty as hell of being statists, seeking to impose THEIR will, beliefs, morality and dictates upon the rest of society. Both sides constantly do this, then they sit there and cry like petulant children when the other side does it to them. Are we incapable of recognizing this fact, then changing our behavior?

What a sad world we live in when everyone demands to impose THEIR will, beliefs, morality and dictates upon everyone else... yet we get mad when someone else does it to us. I can think of no better word than childishness.

Again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 02-15-2017 at 12:58 PM..

Old 02-15-2017, 12:48 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Funny how the GOP wasted a lot of time and tax payer dollars on an affair,...
Your alternative history is severely lacking in factual details. Clinton was impeached for perjury.

Quote:
At what point is this considered treason?
The US is not a war with Russia, so Treason does not apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Yet another goofball who doesn't know that Clinton was impeached because he Lied Under Oath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Clinton was not impeached over a dress. He lied under oath. I am sure you knew that though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, Bill Clinton committed perjury, there was no debate, he committed perjury, and should have been impeached.
That's right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies