Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 10:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am not saying that this would pass congress...

Essentially this would hit people that are paid under the table or illegal immigrants more than other groups.

Step One - a 1% National Sales Tax would raise over $90 Billion a year (the wall would cost $12 to $15 Billion so it easily would generate the revenue). Because it is a national sales tax - illegal immigrants and people getting paid under the table wouldn't be able to dodge the tax.

Step Two - It is estimated that illegal immigrants are about 3.5% of our population - so keep 3.5% of this tax to build the wall and refund the surplus to US citizen tax payers (122 Million) in even amounts (about $713 for each individual federal income tax payer) making it progressive.

Step Three - write in the law that the tax will end after 4 or 5 years - at which time this tax would generate the $12 to $15 Billion.
Pass, that 1% would increase and increase and never ever go away.
He said that Mexico is going to pay for the wall, he needs to get it from them, to stick the Bill on the American People means he was and is a Liar. Now what around that fact girls, your guy is a POS Liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 10:08 AM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Better figure out how to make Mexico pay without some smoke and mirrors plan - like Trump said he would.
Mexico isn't going to pay, it's not going to happen, everybody rational knows that.

The best the Trumpistas can hope for is some sort of trade disruption that hurts both the US and Mexico, to be spun into a statement of "Mexico paid for the wall with a 5% loss of trade" that ignores the fact that it didn't put a dime in the US coffers, quite the opposite.

Trump's followers will eat that up with a spoon.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:14 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So Republicans, those champions of low taxes , will impose a tax on all Americans to pay for Trump's folly? Yeah, that's going to go over real well with their fans.
"Trump's folly"

Ah ye of so little faith.

I find it amusing to read things like this.

We can win WWI, recover from Pearl Harbor in record time and defeat Japan and at the same time beat Hitler.

We can be the first to send a man to the moon.

We can build the Empire state building, the Golden Gate bridge, the Chesapeake Bay bridge (2 of them), the Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel (with 2 tunnels under the bay) and all the other bridges, and we can't build a simple wall!

It is such shame this country has produced many small minded people.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:18 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Mexico isn't going to pay, it's not going to happen, everybody rational knows that.

The best the Trumpistas can hope for is some sort of trade disruption that hurts both the US and Mexico, to be spun into a statement of "Mexico paid for the wall with a 5% loss of trade" that ignores the fact that it didn't put a dime in the US coffers, quite the opposite.

Trump's followers will eat that up with a spoon.
" everybody rational knows that."

"Everybody rational" said he didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the repub primary.

"Everybody rational" said he didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the election over Hillary.

Yet, here we ARE

Maybe you should NOT listen to "everybody rational'!

Old 01-30-2017, 05:21 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
How about 2% and if you show proof of legal residency you don't have to pay the tax.
Yup. Whip out your ID every time you go to a store or restaurant. Big brother is watching you.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Bottom line? if you want a wall your taxes are going to pay for it.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:41 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
I decide I want to fence in my backyard so I can have more privacy. Can I send my neighbor the bill?? How crazy is that???

If Trump-holes want a wall, they will have to pay for it.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:22 AM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Maybe you should NOT listen to "everybody rational'!
I'm fully aware that rational thinking has fallen out of favor among the Trump crowd, but thanks for the reminder, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies