Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 07:08 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the most populated state for a reason, Ca. is awesome in almost every respect.
Not to mention the wonderful gun laws.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:08 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
I get that CA is great, it has great tech and movie industry and feels like a different country than just a state.

Cost of living too high and most people working in tech, movie, and game industry do not have full medical coverage and are paying either the penalty or $800/month for medical. Ever seen the price of a bungalow in CA? It's $500k vs $50k in other states.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:09 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Here is an old article that I've dug up. Overall, CA is a dumphole but there are some nice areas like next to the coast and Tahoe. You need a six figure income to live in those areas mentioned. Even if you did, high taxes and insane cost of living would deplete your account. Not to mention that its rivers and lakes are dried up. I prefer republican states like Arizona, Idaho, Utah. I post this here instead of the California or General U.S. threads because:

1) Californians floods states like Nevada, Colorado, Washington, Oregon and tries to turn those states like the one they just left.
and

2) Speaking of population, CA ranks #1 and has the most electoral votes. I don't want their failed Democratic/liberal policies to infect the entire nation.

Here is the article
I find Los Angeles and California liberalism a zillion times worse then the New York and Massachusetts liberals.

I could tolerate for Massachusetts or Vermont liberalism, but California liberalism reeks so bad that I doubt if a Massachusetts or Vermont Democrat can here they would even recognize it.

Los Angeles liberalism is basically racism in reverse of the historical definition of racism, terrible safety-net and public services and ignoring every single social issues.

Los Angeles in many areas reeks of urine, tents everywhere, people with sidewalk businesses selling medications and dirty food. Just a total dump unless one of the small elite class they have.

The income disparities of Los Angeles rival that of third-world countries. Unlike New York, the rich are totally seperated geographically from the poor.

Angelenos ignore everything. There is something wrong with them culturally. They don't talk or make eye contact. They have no opinions and don't care about their city.

Eric Garcetti knows Angelenos ignore and look the other way so basically only works for illegal immigrants and the unions.

The mayor of Los Angeles likes to go to Mexico so he can emulate that failed war-zone of a country policies in his own city which is fast becoming a third-world armpit.

New York and Boston at least take care of their own and the public gets good services for all the taxes they pay.

In California and Los Angeles it basically goes to the unions, lazy public employees making six-figures and they get so very little in return for each tax dollar.

I like the scenery and weather in California and some of the smaller cities like Riverside and Bakersfield are okay but low on amenities.

I don't think Californians ruin the other states by moving there. Truth be told, I can't say I like the culture of Colorado and Nevada these days.

Middle-American values like those in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa are what makes this country great not the bottom of the barrel, divisive, phony and weird California values.

As far as politics, Californians by giving a living example of the tragedy and horrors of liberalism has promoted the heartland of middle-America to vote straight Republican.

Thanks to California values that middle-America has rejected the state has basically ensured that middle-America gives all it's electoral votes to Republicans. The 150 or so middle-America former swing states electoral votes are triple the amount that California has.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-28-2017 at 07:32 PM..

Old 01-28-2017, 07:51 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
No one cares about Cali, except the few brainwashed libs that think it's heaven.

And nobody cares about the opinions of people who don't live in Ca.. so it's a wash.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:52 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Here is an old article that I've dug up. Overall, CA is a dumphole but there are some nice areas like next to the coast and Tahoe. You need a six figure income to live in those areas mentioned. Even if you did, high taxes and insane cost of living would deplete your account. Not to mention that its rivers and lakes are dried up. I prefer republican states like Arizona, Idaho, Utah. I post this here instead of the California or General U.S. threads because:

1) Californians floods states like Nevada, Colorado, Washington, Oregon and tries to turn those states like the one they just left.
and

2) Speaking of population, CA ranks #1 and has the most electoral votes. I don't want their failed Democratic/liberal policies to infect the entire nation.

Here is the article
Your blog sucks.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:56 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Ever seen the price of a bungalow in CA? It's $500k vs $50k in other states.
Amazing how the market works, isn't it?

Old 01-28-2017, 07:56 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times
My cousin left there after 30 years. Took his small business, family & money & moved to New England. He got sick of the taxes & the lawlessness. He misses the weather of course But that's all.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
California sucks.

While stationed at the now closed Alameda NAS, I bought a 66 Mustang and eventually tagged it there after it was rebuilt. Virginia was my home of record at the time. But CA decided that since I tagged a car there, I needed to pay state income tax. So when I got the tax notice in the mail saying I owed back taxes, I went to the local tax office and informed them I was a resident of VA as I was in the Navy. Initially they said you are correct but I got another pay or else notice in the mail which I ignored.

The JAG office on my ship said I was on firm legal ground. So I kept ignoring the notices. They sent our payroll department a request to have state income taxes pulled from my paycheck which was also ignored. So while I was deployed to the Persian Gulf I got another notice stating I would be arrested. I sent that notice back saying come and get me. Finally our JAG office got a court order to cease and desist.

I still wonder if there is an arrest warrant for me there.

As I said CA sucks.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:25 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I can't live in CA, the 1st week I was there I couldn't stand the PC talk in every conversation.

This is the state where they need Mexicans because snowflakes can't perform difficult labor and ***** about regulations not protecting them. That's why they need Mexicans who don't complain and do the work that liberals can't.

What utter BS! We don't need illegal Mexicans for anything. Calif. has a large American blue-collared work force who have always been willing to work for a fair wage. Why are you for illegal slave labor?

Old 01-28-2017, 08:30 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I plan on using California's market to capitalize on income with all expenses paid and get the hell back out when that's all said and done.

i'm sure working 80 hours a week can keep my mind off of the liberal bliss of liberal idealism as I remain grounded in reality.

Then again, maybe it's all due to the chem trails. We can only hope.

Just think how much ya could keep yer mind off if ya upped it to 120 hours a week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies