Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 11:25 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
I am seeing a lot of people who presumably claim to be saved by the blood who are scouring their Bible to justify their fears and prejudice instead of looking into the eyes of a refugee who has nothing but the clothes on her back.

Sad.
Thread didn't go your way eh? Sad.

The fact is, you can't take a massively complex problem and try to solve it by guilting people into agreeing with you, with a simple picture.

How about I throw up some pictures of the victims in Germany and France? There is no undo button in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 11:26 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Apparently some posters hold different views from prominent Christian leaders from a cross section of different denominations:

. . if Mr. Trump had hoped for Christian leaders to break out in cheers, that is, for the most part, not what he has heard so far. A broad array of clergy members has strongly denounced Mr. Trump’s order as discriminatory, misguided and inhumane. Outrage has also come from some of the evangelical, Roman Catholic and mainline Protestant leaders who represent the churches most active in trying to aid persecuted Christians. (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/christian-leaders-denounce-trumps-plan-to-favor-christian-immigrants.html?_r=0)
No surprise there. Those religious organizations receive significant funding from the federal guv'mint for resettling and support of immigrants/refugees, and they stand to lose at least some of that money if the US gets a handle of who and how many immigrants come into the country.

So "Christian charity" indeed-with its hands deep into the pockets of the taxpayer to boot. Seems to me looking at that cash cow drying up is the real reason for their faux moral outrage.

Christian Charities Profit from Muslim Refugee Resettlement

Catholic Church collects $1.6 billion in U.S. contracts, grants since 2012 - Washington Times

Religious Agencies and Refugee Resettlement | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 01-29-2017, 11:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Would Jesus advise us to cross other nations borders to protect our oil interests using violence and terrorism?
Pine to Vine has a valid point but I have been asking your question for years with no answer. Did Pine to Vine complain about this the last 8 years? I don't know but I do know for a fact there were very few us complaining especially compared to the numbers complaining now.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:28 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,259,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Thread didn't go your way eh?
Actually, it went pretty much as I anticipated.

But it's sadder than I hoped.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Would Jesus advise us to cross other nations borders to protect our oil interests using violence and terrorism? Treat the cause don't react to symptoms.
Bingo. Now that we've broken it, however, we need to clean up our mess.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Actually, it went pretty much as I anticipated.
The fact that you anticipated that it wouldn't go your way, does not invalidate the point that that it didn't go your way.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
The fact that you anticipated that it wouldn't go your way, does not invalidate the point that that it didn't go your way.
You're not making sense. I didn't have "a way." I asked a question it went the way it went.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
You're not making sense. I didn't have "a way." I asked a question it went the way it went.
People are not agreeing with you and your premise is naive and full of holes.

If we're going to use images to manipulate people's emotions in the name of JC, then what would Jesus say to this little boy, who no longer has a head attached to his body?
Attached Thumbnails
So, WWJD?-head.jpg  

Old 01-29-2017, 11:42 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When Jesus was asked about taxes he said "render onto Ceasar what is Ceasars".

Jesus would have no care about taxes one way or another and I find it pretty dispocable that one would use him this way.
Jesus also obeyed the LAW.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:42 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Why don't Liberals ever argue the Koran with Muslims? I've never seen a Liberal say to a Saudi "Would Muhammad not let any refugees in?" It's strange how Liberals constantly mock Christianity and then 30 seconds latter say people should do something because Jesus allegedly would. I'm agnostic now but was raised a fundamentalist Christian and the Bible says to respect the laws of the land and makes a distinction between "true widows" - those who really need help - and people who want a free ride. The whole "Jesus was a refugee" crowd forgot to mention that Jesus' parents showed respect the laws.

The thread has a false premise that has been debunked: that all refugees are starving, innocent, hate terrorism, and would never hurt a fly. I guess the Sweden Facebook Live gang rape, German mass sexual assaults, Bataclan, etc never happened. Some Muslim refugees are great people who cause no problems and are grateful for help, others enter the West solely to cause problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies