Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 09:49 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,947,083 times

Advertisements

This makes my blood boil. I might just vote for Trump again, even if I end up hating much of what he does (which is entirely possible).

And then they have the gall to chant "peaceful protest" at the end.

Security at airport entrances needs to be stepped up. Law and order now to prevent civil war later.

Where was all the very visible protesting when Obama was creating refugees by destroying Libya and Syria and facilitating Saudi Arabia's destruction of Yemen (still ongoing)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 09:56 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,641,555 times
90% of the time, if you get knocked out like that...it's your fault.
Man up and don't be a *****

Old 01-30-2017, 10:09 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,909,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
So you know he deserved it or are you just talking out of your arse?

By the way, there is no justifiable argument to be made for hitting someone who did not attack you.

There is however a justifiable argument to be made for putting someone down who does attack someone.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:35 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,495,409 times
Based upon the comments he was making in the video that was posted, I believe Nazi is an appropriate descriptor. You can choose to refer to him in whatever manner you deem appropriate. Bottom line, the Trump administration chose to embrace individuals who publicly espouse racist views and people in the US and abroad have responded. Your opinion about the race/oppression is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Nazi? He was a Nazi? Well, that changes everything don't it. That someone calls him a Nazi. OK then. Personally, I have no idea why this happened, beyond speculation, so I'll refrain from judgement. I do dislike blanket statements and absolutes. That in regard to the rest of this post. I'm not a "true" conservative in the literal sense, but I tend to lean right. I also tend to get my hackles up a bit with these accusations of racism and such regarding all people who lean right. I'm personally quite tired of the race card. The "oppression" card in general has gotten pretty tired.

The level of contempt and projection of that coming from the left right now is becoming insufferable. Again, it's an absolutism, that anyone who disagrees even slightly with them, is the "enemy" and is treated accordingly. They aren't trying to peacefully sway opinion. They are demanding total acceptance of their opinion, and will use force to get that if someone won't be swayed. This, coming from people who use terms like "Nazi" to describe people who don't agree with them? Seems rather hypocritical, at least to me. There's not a shred of proof, beyond opinion, that anything the left is claiming has any merit. But they are willing to use violence to sway people to that opinion. That looks like rage, not strength of conviction.

I want to wait and see how things go with a Trump presidency. Obama campaigned on "hope and change". That's what people want, need actually. Trump was elected because the last promise of that turned up empty. So things shifted. Now it's time to see where that shift goes. As I've said, I have my concerns about Trump. Nothing that's been shown to be totally warranted yet, but I'm certainly paying attention. It would serve the left better if they practiced what they preach about diversity in ideas.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:37 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,260,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
No, it's Trump and his cronies who are out of control, but you clearly can't see that.

Go ahead, carry a gun - it'll do you jack squat good when the storm-troopers you voted for show up at your door. But, hey - the far-right has been itching for a chance to kill other Americans for years, so your post just lines up with those long-held beliefs.
Blaming physical violence on an external source is a cop out and shows how weak minded liberals are as they can't control themselves.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Any proof of him being a paid instigator? Lol @ rioters beating people up not changing the (alternative) "fact" that the riots are peaceful.
I have not seen any riots, only protests. People standing around and holding signs is not a riot. I do not condone violence, but I am not surprised that instigator got punched, and so far that has been the only issue out of all the protests around the world.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:48 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,464,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Based upon the comments he was making in the video that was posted, I believe Nazi is an appropriate descriptor. You can choose to refer to him in whatever manner you deem appropriate. Bottom line, the Trump administration chose to embrace individuals who publicly espouse racist views and people in the US and abroad have responded. Your opinion about the race/oppression is irrelevant.
Like the racist Obama admin siding with the racist hate group BLM?

Old 01-30-2017, 11:17 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,495,409 times
Only a certain segment of the population believes that Obama or BLM are racist. Feel free to align yourself with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Like the racist Obama admin siding with the racist hate group BLM?

Old 01-30-2017, 11:19 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,644,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Man up and don't be sensitive enough to punch someone.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:03 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,663,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post

Opinions in general are irrelevant. Mine, yours, whoever. Still, we have a right to them. Isn't what this is all about after all? If I choose to express that I'm over the race/oppression card, that's my business, and that opinions relevance to others matters not. I got it off my back if nothing else. Does your opinion that the Trump administration is "embracing racist views and people" have any more relevance than my being tired of hearing stuff like that? Nope. Welcome to America.

Something need not have any relevance to any particular issue to suddenly become central to that issue, due to nothing more than opinions being shared. Then, their analogy to the ubiquitous human anal orifice designed to expel fecal matter becomes even more appropriate. Said fecal matter just gets thrown around like a troop of monkeys got hold of it instead of being confined to a toilet and flushed. These protests make that mental picture of that troop of monkeys come alive to me.

Shrieking chattering lesser primates flinging poop at whoever is unfortunate enough to be in proximity. As to putting a mudhole in the middle of someone who gets too forceful with an opinion, I can't find fault in that. It would be quite hypocritical for me to express any disapproval. A ...militant feminist...type once chose to express opinion via groping my lady's private areas in a public place. I clotheslined that ...person..to the floor. There are times when physical confrontation is inevitable , even appropriate, and physical expression of opinion designed to force others to pay attention is certainly one of those. As I said, I'm not judging this incident. It's quite possible the guy had it coming. Not saying he didn't.

In the same vein, these protests stray into such areas more often than not, and there's certainly no shortage of reactionary response waiting in the wings. I'm more fed up with all this confrontation and violent expression of opinion than I am of anything else. There was a time when I was much more vehement about the social aspect of politics. I was very staunch and unyielding, pretty much unwilling to even listen and weigh things out. I've softened up a bunch. I've become willing to give even things I might have serious disagreement with a shot t resolving issues, especially if my methods haven't worked. So , I'm going to give Trump a chance without being to immovable on things. I did the same for Obama and I didn't agree with him at all going in. As things progressed I certainly was critical. But I didn't advocate obstructionism. I don't recall any such efforts against Obama from those on the right as what's happening now against Trump. As things stand, even if his policies start working and working well, the leftists will refuse to see it and continue to make things as hard as they can. Yep, with nothing more than irrelevant opinion as the basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies