Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 05:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Our national birthrate is below replacement levels and has been for quite some time now - - cutting off all immigration into this country would be economic suicide. Immigration is what keeps us young and the economy growing.

Ask Japan if their xenophobic nature has helped or hurt their economy over the years. They've been in an economic funk for DECADES and their population is rapidly aging. Only now that the situation is reaching a crisis point are they reluctantly embracing immigration:

Japan grows more open to foreign workers as population declines | The Japan Times
You do have a point. Government Ponzi schemes collapse when you stop enrolling suckers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 05:25 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It certainly is. One Syrian refugee costs the American taxpayer $65,000. We have people, including families, that are homeless in our country, our own citizens. We have waiting lists for services for Medicaid, which these refugees will draw from with a priority, our own citizens, both seniors and disabled will continue to wait. We do not have enough jobs for our own people, just how will these immigrants support themselves without taking a free ride on the taxpayers?

ALL immigration, yes, until we can take care of our own.

National Coalition for the Homeless Homelessness in America - National Coalition for the Homeless

There are massive waiting lists in most states, some exceeding 10 years, for Medicaid services for the elderly and the disabled.

The Cost of Welfare Use By Immigrant and Native Households | Center for Immigration Studies I always thought a legal immigrant had to have a way to support themselves before coming into the country, but that isn't true. They can climb on the back of the American taxpayer for a free ride.

Syrian refugees: https://www.numbersusa.com/news/addi...ers-65-billion

There are 156,000 plus seniors on a waiting list for long term care through Medicaid. Seniors who are citizens of our country.

America First, a very simple concept, or so one would think. And, "Daylux", it certainly is time for that conversation, better late than never!
Immigration, World Poverty and Gumballs - NumbersUSA.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Old 01-31-2017, 05:27 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
LEGAL immigrants, yes. And fix the broken immigration system so that people can immigrate legally. No more illegals though. They are not immigrants. They are law breakers for coming here by getting around the law.

And, as for taking care of Americans first--medicaid, the elderly--let's hope Trump does help them and puts Americans first. Time will tell. I don't trust him yet.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:27 PM

245 posts, read 132,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They don't care about the environment, because additional Democrat voters are more important than the environment.
I'm starting to realize that, they pay lip service to environmental issues but then they are all in for overpopulation and not correcting some cultures that throw trash all over because of this whole Western guilt complex.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:29 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdavenport View Post
Ok, so you're going to use white guilt to shame people into open borders...
Weird, I think I would have remembered typing that.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:29 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You do have a point. Government Ponzi schemes collapse when you stop enrolling suckers.
Economies collapse when they follow conservative ideals. At best they stall out (see: America post-Reagan).

Old 01-31-2017, 05:31 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It certainly is. One Syrian refugee costs the American taxpayer $65,000. We have people, including families, that are homeless in our country, our own citizens. We have waiting lists for services for Medicaid, which these refugees will draw from with a priority, our own citizens, both seniors and disabled will continue to wait. We do not have enough jobs for our own people, just how will these immigrants support themselves without taking a free ride on the taxpayers?

ALL immigration, yes, until we can take care of our own.

National Coalition for the Homeless Homelessness in America - National Coalition for the Homeless

There are massive waiting lists in most states, some exceeding 10 years, for Medicaid services for the elderly and the disabled.

The Cost of Welfare Use By Immigrant and Native Households | Center for Immigration Studies I always thought a legal immigrant had to have a way to support themselves before coming into the country, but that isn't true. They can climb on the back of the American taxpayer for a free ride.

Syrian refugees: https://www.numbersusa.com/news/addi...ers-65-billion

There are 156,000 plus seniors on a waiting list for long term care through Medicaid. Seniors who are citizens of our country.

America First, a very simple concept, or so one would think. And, "Daylux", it certainly is time for that conversation, better late than never!
I don't agree with closing it off to all immigrants.

If we get rid of all of the illegal immigrants, then there will be plenty of room.

We are not like other countries where people have to have a skill to be here. Many immigrants come here with nothing and have built successful lives. I've met a LOT of legal immigrants in the course of all of my moving around, and I can't accept that we would close the door to more like them. They are very happy to be American, they have assimilated, they have worked hard, they are for this country and grateful. So, sorry, but I am in total disagreement with closing off our country to legal immigrants.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:32 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
This lifeboat is full already.
Bit of an unfortunate metaphor.

Quote:
Thousands of our veterans getting no or sub-standard treatment deserve our tax dollars far more than outsiders.

Thousands of homeless needing shelter and/ or treatment.

Thousands of our children receiving inadequate education because we can't afford enough decent schools.

I could go on and on about the many problems that exist here and now for our own citizens.

I'm hoping that President Trump soon devises and implements plans to take care of our own FIRST.
Yes, we clearly remember the Republican plans for increased school funding, better medical care for the destitute and increased funding for vetrans. No - wait, we don't, do we?

Old 01-31-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Economies collapse when they follow conservative ideals. At best they stall out (see: America post-Reagan).
I know you don't understand how complex economies are; therefore, I'll let you live in your fantasy world.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Bit of an unfortunate metaphor.

Yes, we clearly remember the Republican plans for increased school funding, better medical care for the destitute and increased funding for vetrans. No - wait, we don't, do we?
Ah, the mind of a liberal, "We need to throw more money at it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies