Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 02:08 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

We could help out California and save them some 400 billion USD. Simply pay us 1 Trillion each year for the water.

A Year Without the Colorado River, as Seen by Economists – National Geographic Society (blogs)
Imagine if each tap that delivered water from the Colorado River – whether to a farm, a factory, or a home – suddenly went dry for a year. What would happen to the West’s economy?
That’s pretty much the question a team of researchers at Arizona State University set out to answer – and the results are startling.
The region would lose $1.4 trillion – that’s trillion, with a “t” – in economic activity, along with 16 million jobs.
Its going to be rough. Lot of young liberals will probably need to turn to prostitution. We can probably set up a visa program to allow them to work in Vegas. That would also be a nice source of revenue at say $500 per 3 month visa.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:14 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Who says we hate it. I encourage all liberals to move there today and leave.
Psst...I'm a "liberal," and I live in Tennessee! Believe it or not, there ARE liberals in every state. Maybe, just maybe, even yours.

What will you do about Trump's homestate of New York, or, more specifically, that VERY liberal city, Trump's hometown of NYC? Should it leave, too? Should its liberal residents be shipped off on trains to somewhere far, far away?

After all, you wouldn't want anyone thinking any impure liberal thoughts and contaminating the sanctity of Trumpism! Will you also train squads of Thought Police to safeguard this Brave New World of America y'all envision? It's probably a good idea, you know. Can't be too safe.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:25 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
So, let CA go. When they have their own country, they'll build a wall to keep illegals out (or IN )

I'm good.

Just repatriate all those US made old cars. They can buy from overseas or make their own cars.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:10 AM

31,069 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
We'll be sending all the Colorado river to Arizona.
And all of the Defense Contractors in California, as very few of us are Liberal and definately not far Left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies