Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will There Be A War With Iran?
Yes. All-out war with Iran in next two years, including ground troops. 10 21.74%
Yes. War with Iran, heavy airstrikes only, no invasion. 4 8.70%
Partial war. Limited airstrikes against a few chosen targets. 5 10.87%
No war. US will put sanctions back on, no hostilities. 18 39.13%
No war. Nothing changes, just more tough talk and bluster. 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 02:37 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,239,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Hopefully. Ready to turn that part of the world into a parking lot and start over. They are in incorrigible.

Sure, as long as YOU take my grand daughters place. Its easy to say yes to war, but most that do, haven't any loved ones in the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 03:40 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
No just sanctions up the rear to them and they will stop being bullies and supporting extremists
The US is a bully and supports extremists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is scary what Iran is doing with their nuclear program and test launches of ballistic missiles.
"Nuclear program?" Boy, you bought into the propaganda hook, line and sinker. Iran is allowed to defend itself, thus the test launch of ballistic missiles.

Iran has a nuclear energy program. For every 1,000 MW reactor they bring on-line, 11 Million barrels of oil is diverted to the global market annually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Iran never was and never will be our friend.
Iran was an ally, until you stabbed them in the back.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:45 PM

57,310 posts, read 26,217,746 times
The survey indicates "put sanctions back in place", they already have sanctions they are just adding onto them. We are not going to war with anyone right now.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:14 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
It'd be an extremely dumb idea. Iran is 5x larger in geographic mass than Iraq, with much more variable mountainous terrain that would conceal Iranian insurgents more easily (as opposed to flat deserts in Iraq).

Iranians are much more united as a populace than Iraq. Iran is mostly all Shia Muslim, whereas Iraq is much more fragmented (Sunni, Kurds, etc).
I agree, any sort of invasion involving ground troops is doomed to fail. I think the US might do something similar to Operation Opera, that is, an air attack on a few chosen strategic targets. And I think Putin and Tillerson will quietly support it as it will disrupt the oil market, raising prices, meaning more profit for Exxon and Rosneft.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:41 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No reason for war, sanctions or any other meddling with Iran.

God, is that you?
Most likely God will sit this one out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And NO threat to the US, let 'em all kill each other if they can't learn to live together, NOT our problem.
The more we leave them alone, the more time to develop weapons that can reach the USA or its allies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
If there is a war with Iran let all of the rust belters who wanted to 'show this big city coastal elitists a thing or two' be the first and only ones to sacrifice their children's lives on the altar of Trump.
The people in there now volunteered. The draft ended decades ago. Why have a military you will never use. And I'm not a rust belter BTW, lived my whole life in NYC and LA and proudly voted for Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Sure, as long as YOU take my grand daughters place. Its easy to say yes to war, but most that do, haven't any loved ones in the military.
I already took your granddaughters place. my contract expired over a decade ago. And she volunteered didn't she? She had to know it wasn't a girl scout unit.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:00 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
No just sanctions up the rear to them and they will stop being bullies and supporting extremists
Oh really they will? Trump put more sanctions on Iran, and they said screw him and started launching more missiles. Iran isn't going to bow down to Trump, sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:29 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Will there be war with Iran???I hope not. There is no doubt irans government is no good, supports terrorism, wants nukes and cannot be trusted. We need to watch them closely.

Iran and its people however are different however from the Arab Middle East. The people of Iran have been said to be no where near as anti American as thier government. After 9-11 tens of thousands of Iranians took to the streets and held a candlight vigil. The Arab Middle East celebrated instead. American visitors to Iran report curiosity and general friendly attitudes from Iranians. There is so much potential here for a repaired relationship if we wait out irans awful government, it will moderate or fail in time. Google "9-11 Iran" and you can read about who they really are. War with these people would be a tragedy, they are a much higher quality people than are thier Arab neighbors. A quick read on thier history will also make that obvious. I hope president trump focuses our efforts on isis who are most definately a threat instead of a pointless and damaging conflict with Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies