Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 11:16 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Civilized people raise animals for food. We don't eat cats and dogs. I have seen Koreans chasing Canadian geese on golf courses for food here in America. Don't bring your gutter culture to America.
Classic animal discrimination.

Dogs and cats are good animals and they deserve to be treated equally just like chicken.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:20 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Dude, what else would you suggest them to eat? Grass and dirt?
You think they are eating them? They are killing them and taking their tusks or coats and leaving the meat to rot.

What they are eating is free food the UN is flying in.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:22 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
This is the silliest quote ever.

Maybe endangered animals wouldn't be killed if there wasn't a demand for them (eating, raw materials, clothing). Also, their habitats being destroyed for land clearance.

To you idiots drug dealers wouldn't be selling drugs if there wouldn't be a demand for it.

While your primary concern is black and Latino men selling drugs they obviously see an opportunity for MONEY to be made.
Yes of course, the people in Africa do not have the ability to make good decisions right? It's because the evil white man wants to buy these things right?

When are you going to stop treating the African like a child and expect him to be responsible for his own actions?

Old 02-07-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You think they are eating them? They are killing them and taking their tusks or coats and leaving the meat to rot.

What they are eating is free food the UN is flying in.
Go to Africa and see for yourself. In Africa, it's called bushmeat. They kill and eat just about anything alive.

The food UN flew in are mostly sold for cash by the local warlords.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:37 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
This family sounds very entitled and arrogant to me.

Just because they are successful, they think that they should be immune from all the impoliteness in society?

Life doesn't work that way. Sorry.
The point of the story wasn't about entitlement or arrogance though. The dad is a administrative partner in a law firm, he's a super lawyer, he specializes in international banking and investment. Yes, the family is super wealthy. They get along fine in their office environment, their neighborhood, their clubs and entertainment venues. The problem lies with random incidents at airports and so on. While I'm not sure how much is rudeness and how much is racism, I have no doubt that the racism does happen. Anyway, they aren't saying they should be immune, they are just pointing out it's still there.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:40 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have my own stories regarding racism where I live in Georgia. I can't speak for the family that you are mentioning. However, I can tell you think. Being a good, hardworking person will not shield a person from racism. One reason I don't buy that "if you were more like Asians you wouldn't be treated as bad" line.
The only people that say there's no more racism in the US are white people. Even Asians face racism on a daily basis too

Old 02-07-2017, 11:43 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yes of course, the people in Africa do not have the ability to make good decisions right? It's because the evil white man wants to buy these things right?

When are you going to stop treating the African like a child and expect him to be responsible for his own actions?
You made it all about the evil white man, not me SOOOOOO if the shoe fits then wear it.

I said there wouldn't be a demand for drugs if people weren't buying them. This has absolutely nothing to with evil white men.

It's great to see where your thoughts are my dear.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:46 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Most people don't have time to give a rats ass about your problems, they are busy living life and raising children, sorry, but no time left for you.
I agree 100%.

As long as one keeps their lawn mowed and uses their turn signal indicator, we're good. I don't care what your race is, who you pray to or what your orientation is.

But don't tell me about your problems.....heck I don't even like hearing about my spouse's problems, why would i want to hear about anyone else's??

Old 02-07-2017, 11:46 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Go to Africa and see for yourself. In Africa, it's called bushmeat. They kill and eat just about anything alive.

The food UN flew in are mostly sold for cash by the local warlords.
I can't believe what I'm reading.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I can't believe what I'm reading.
Go there and see it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies